PDA

View Full Version : The curse of The Simpsons

Chip R
02-28-2008, 05:17 PM
http://curseofthesimpsons.com/

namichael
02-28-2008, 07:23 PM
I love The Simpsons and I had never realized how many of them were dead now. I like the section of the site that you can email them your guess of your will be next and If you're right you can win a t shirt.

Great site.

Nick

Degenerate39
02-28-2008, 07:36 PM
Wait.... Wasn't Ken Griffey Jr. on The Simpsons? This might be bigger than the Madden curse.

Screwball
02-28-2008, 07:37 PM
Wait.... Wasn't Ken Griffey Jr. on The Simpsons?

Yep. Hopefully he stays away from the tonic that causes giganticism.

Tom Servo
02-28-2008, 07:38 PM
They have discussed these things on The Simpsons DVD commentaries, both for people who actually provided their voices or jokes they've made about people that either aired or they changed before airing. They chalked it up to bad luck and a tendency for getting older actors.

Tom Servo
02-28-2008, 07:39 PM
As much as I love watching Griffey on my favorite show, I almost wish it was Bonds they had in his place whose head grew. The irony years later would have been too much for this universe to exist, I suppose.

MrCinatit
02-29-2008, 03:20 AM
They have discussed these things on The Simpsons DVD commentaries, both for people who actually provided their voices or jokes they've made about people that either aired or they changed before airing. They chalked it up to bad luck and a tendency for getting older actors.

There would also be the fact the show has been around for such a remarkably long time, and almost weekly has a guest star.

namichael
02-29-2008, 08:19 AM

"It's like a party in my mouth and everyone is invited." hahaha

Classic.

Nick

*BaseClogger*
02-29-2008, 10:50 AM
There would also be the fact the show has been around for such a remarkably long time, and almost weekly has a guest star.

this is what I was thinking... "The Simpsons already did it!"

GoGoWhiteSox
03-01-2008, 11:19 PM
Meh, it's just more of a coincidence than anything. The show has been on for almost 20 years, plus many of the people who guest starred on there were already old, or fairly old, to begin with, before they died.

GAC
03-02-2008, 06:24 AM
Seeing that Paul and Ringo were also on the Simpsons, can a Beatle's reunion be too far behind?

Paul had some sort of heart surgery this past fall.

marcshoe
03-02-2008, 05:45 PM
You guys that are arguing about the legitimacy of this site--you do know it's intended to be tongue-in-cheek (a mere 12 years later!), don't you?

GAC
03-02-2008, 08:36 PM
You guys that are arguing about the legitimacy of this site--you do know it's intended to be tongue-in-cheek (a mere 12 years later!), don't you?

You mean there really isn't a "curse of the Simpsons"? :rolleyes:

marcshoe
03-02-2008, 09:39 PM
I think they're missing out by limiting this to dead people. They should include guest stars such as Darryl Strawberry, Winona Ryder, and others who have, though still alive, fallen into a downward spiral that rivals the Mystery Hole.

Johnny Footstool
03-03-2008, 12:15 AM
I never realized so many members of the cast of The Wizard of Oz had died -- Judy Garland, Ray Bolger, Margaret Hamilton, the munchkins, all gone...

I'm surprised more people don't talk about that film being cursed. And I think there is a curse surrounding Citizen Kane as well. All kinds of death there, too.

MrCinatit
03-03-2008, 05:40 AM
I never realized so many members of the cast of The Wizard of Oz had died -- Judy Garland, Ray Bolger, Margaret Hamilton, the munchkins, all gone...

I'm surprised more people don't talk about that film being cursed. And I think there is a curse surrounding Citizen Kane as well. All kinds of death there, too.

I've been thinking the same about the original Keystone Kops.

namichael
03-03-2008, 10:20 AM

I think the reason that most of the Wizard of Oz cast is dead is because it was released in 1939. That is almost 70 years ago.

:beerme:

Nick

Chip R
03-03-2008, 10:32 AM
I understand that the band Spinal Tap seems to have a curse on their drummers. For some reason they keep dying.

Screwball
03-03-2008, 12:21 PM
I understand that the band Spinal Tap seems to have a curse on their drummers. For some reason they keep dying.

It's because they got armadillos in their trousers. ;)

Johnny Footstool
03-03-2008, 01:47 PM
I think the reason that most of the Wizard of Oz cast is dead is because it was released in 1939. That is almost 70 years ago.

Nick

Your sarcasm detector must be on the fritz, Nick. ;)

Rojo
03-03-2008, 04:31 PM
This is nothing compared to the Curse of Birth of a Nation.

marcshoe
03-03-2008, 05:05 PM

Nick

That's What They Want You To Think.... :eek:

Johnny Footstool
03-03-2008, 06:53 PM
This is nothing compared to the Curse of Birth of a Nation.

I was hoping someone would step up to the plate and mention Birth of a Nation. Nicely done, Rojo!

MrCinatit
03-04-2008, 05:23 PM
On the other hand, we have the none-curse of The Return of the Living Dead. Even the old guys are still around, as far as I know.

Rojo
03-04-2008, 08:46 PM
I was hoping someone would step up to the plate and mention Birth of a Nation. Nicely done, Rojo!

Gracias.