PDA

View Full Version : Teeth bleaching kit

BUTLER REDSFAN
03-01-2008, 01:01 AM
Anyone tried these out? Do they actually work? I'm 3 days into a 14 day session.

George Foster
03-01-2008, 02:02 AM
Anyone tried these out? Do they actually work? I'm 3 days into a 14 day session.

What brand do you have? At my office we use Opalescence. I feel it is the best "take home" kit offered. I use it for my teeth.

I would suggest you whiten the top first and then the bottom. Doing them both at the same time is a little much to have in your mouth at the same time...

You will not see results until the 4th or 5th night. The tips of your teeth will whiten first because it's the thinnest. The whitening process will continue "up the tooth" the more you do it.

The bottom teeth might take longer because the whitening gel runs out a little more because of gravity. Just do it more.

Do not waste the gel on the back molars. It won't whiten anyway, the enamel is to strong. Just put the gel in the eight front teeth of the whitening tray.

Read the instructions...most patients don't.

Over the counter whitening kits don't work as well because the gel is not as strong. Kind of like the difference between over the counter pain meds and the good stuff the doctor Rx's. After you have used a whitening kit given to you by a dentist, the over the counter stuff is pretty good in keeping them white.

Avoid dark colas, wine, mustard, and coffee during whitening. When I am whitening and need my morning coffee, I will drink one of those cold Star Bucks coffee drinks you buy at the store. I drink it form a straw.

Dom Heffner
03-01-2008, 12:28 PM
Tough to beat a response from a dentist, but I might add to his excellent advice.

I had terrific success with the Day White product made by Discus Dental. Instead of sleeping with the trays you can wear them during the day, just one hour at a time. I think you can even do that twice a day.

And the terrific thing is you can do both tops and bottoms at the same time, because you're only putting an hour of your time into it.

This was several years ago when I used it , so hopefully it's still on the market. I even got a bunch of it dirt cheap on ebay.

My teeth were so white, they practically glowed in the dark using that stuff.

Johnny Footstool
03-01-2008, 04:08 PM
My dentist recommended the Crest whitening system -- it's roughly $30 at the store, and he said it was nearly as effective as the $100 whitening treatment he provides in his office.