PDA

View Full Version : Reds/Blue Jays on MLB.tv Sunday

reds44
03-01-2008, 07:21 PM
12:35 eastern for those of you who have it. Arroyo, Cueto, and Cordero are all scheduled to pitch.

Matt700wlw
03-01-2008, 07:24 PM
Is it free during ST?

reds44
03-01-2008, 07:27 PM
I do not believe so.

Tommyjohn25
03-01-2008, 08:02 PM
Is it free during ST?

Nope. However you can pay $14.95 for one month, which is what I did today. The Reds only have 2 games during spring training that are scheduled on mlb.tv, but, it was worth the fifteen bucks I think.

OnBaseMachine
03-01-2008, 08:07 PM
It's almost worth the 15 dollars just to watch Cueto pitch.

red-in-la
03-01-2008, 08:16 PM
Nope. However you can pay $14.95 for one month, which is what I did today. The Reds only have 2 games during spring training that are scheduled on mlb.tv, but, it was worth the fifteen bucks I think.

I did this last year in ST. I had a devil of a time canceling my authorization for the following months. It might have been just an internal....one time mistake.....that caused this......but I paid for it each month through the whole season.

In the end I think it cost me an extra 10 bucks over the yearly subscription.....and I used mlb.tv several time throughout the season. I think I paid about 10 bucks a game in the end.

I would just advise that if you sign up for it for this month, that you make sure they don't try to reauthorize it in April and that there is a phone number you can call to talk to a real person if it becomes a problem. I never found a place to call to complain.

Hap
03-01-2008, 08:17 PM

did you read the fine print where it says the one-month contract is auto-renewed monthly unless you cancel it?

Tommyjohn25
03-01-2008, 08:18 PM
I did this last year in ST. I had a devil of a time canceling my authorization for the following months. It might have been just an internal....one time mistake.....that caused this......but I paid for it each month through the whole season.

In the end I think it cost me an extra 10 bucks over the yearly subscription.....and I used mlb.tv several time throughout the season. I think I paid about 10 bucks a game in the end.

I would just advise that if you sign up for it for this month, that you make sure they don't try to reauthorize it in April and that there is a phone number you can call to talk to a real person if it becomes a problem. I never found a place to call to complain.

Oohh, thanks for the input. I'll definintely keep an eye out for that, I don't see myself using it much after spring training.

Tommyjohn25
03-01-2008, 08:19 PM
did you read the fine print where it says the one-month contract is auto-renewed monthly unless you cancel it?

Yes i did. Thank you though! :thumbup:

Tommyjohn25
03-01-2008, 08:19 PM

Pretty much my sentiments exactly.

red-in-la
03-01-2008, 08:53 PM

Does it also say HOW you cancel it? I never found it. So, it is NOT a ONE month subscription, just a way to pay for it monthly....which is one way to interpret what the web-site says.

As I think I said.....I wasn't really pi$$ed because it only means you spend like $92 instead of $80 and I used it throughout the season anyway....but onlu rarely.

I was just pointing out so that you wouldn't thinj you were only spending $14.95.

Matt700wlw
03-01-2008, 08:54 PM

There's always a catch :)

Unassisted
03-01-2008, 09:00 PM
Does it also say HOW you cancel it? I never found it. So, it is NOT a ONE month subscription, just a way to pay for it monthly....which is one way to interpret what the web-site says.
The only way to cancel a subscription is to call. You can't do it online or over the phone. You'll be given the number to call with your subscription information, along with the hours that someone is available to answer the call. MLB.com doesn't want you to cancel, so they don't make it easy.

blumj
03-01-2008, 10:49 PM

It's almost worth it to me just for the clear audio vs. fuzzy radio reception for games that aren't televised. And to listen to blacked out Saturday afternoon games during the season.