PDA

View Full Version : Number 14

TRF
03-05-2008, 11:09 AM
No, this isn't about Pete Rose.

Today I mark my 14th wedding anniversary. I look back and cannot believe we have gotten here. It's like a blur. One minute my kids are in diapers, the next one is in college. My goals for this year are to put the remote down and spend more time with my wife. I've become too complacent in our relationship. She recently had some friends that just packed everything up and moved to Las Vegas, and she has the itch to change our life. So, I need to do something big this year, something that says we aren't going to drift till we retire. We don't vacation, we don't take trips, because we never have the money. So that has to change.

I've never been good at telling her how much she means to me. Another thing for me to work on. I argue too much. I always have to be right, even if I am wrong. I just want her to be happy, but I know right now she is not.

I wish she knew that she is the first thing I think of each morning, that I can only sleep when she's next to me. I wish she realized how much she has introduced to me, and that without her my life would be work, then home, TV then bed. I don't converse well with people face to face. Generally, I don't like people. I'm like the unabomber minus the bomber part. A hermit before my time. Connie forces me out in the open. She forces me outside my comfort zone. She tries so hard to make me a better person.

I can't imagine a day without her. 14 down, a life time to go.

Joseph
03-05-2008, 11:19 AM
Congrats TRF. Good luck on changing those things you want to change, and here's to many more anniversaries for the two of you.

RedsFan75
03-05-2008, 11:21 AM
Dude, first step is share this post with her! Awesome!

We renewed our vows at our 10th, maybe you could initiate something like that or, recreate your first date or something special like that to let her now that you cherish your time with her!

SunDeck
03-05-2008, 01:21 PM
We don't vacation, we don't take trips, because we never have the money. So that has to change.

I can't imagine how being with you isn't like Disneyland 24/7. :D

16 coming up for me and I'm right there with you. Sometimes I look at my wife and I wonder, "What in the world caused you to lower yourself to me?".

Then I worry that I actually said it out loud.

Best wishes to you and the misses.

TRF
03-05-2008, 03:33 PM
I can't imagine how being with you isn't like Disneyland 24/7. :D

16 coming up for me and I'm right there with you. Sometimes I look at my wife and I wonder, "What in the world caused you to lower yourself to me?".

Then I worry that I actually said it out loud.

Best wishes to you and the misses.

thppt! I'm a prize catch.

booby prize that is.

SunDeck
03-05-2008, 03:45 PM
booby.

You kiss your wife with that mouth?

TRF
03-05-2008, 04:28 PM
as much as she'll let me.

heh. booby.

GoReds33
03-05-2008, 04:39 PM
Congrats TRF. It seems like everyday we hear about somebody who's getting divorced so early on in their relationships. It's great when you hear that marriage is still a sacred bond.

HeatherC1212
03-05-2008, 04:56 PM
Congratulations! I like hearing stories about long term happy marriages. It helps me believe that all marriages really don't end in divorce, LOL :lol:

George Anderson
03-05-2008, 04:57 PM
Dude, first step is share this post with her! Awesome!

No better advice via the net has ever been given!!! I am guessing good things will happen if she reads it!!:thumbup:

In fact I am thinking of copying your post and giving it to my wife and telling her I wrote it!!! :D

durl
03-05-2008, 05:00 PM
Congrats TRF!!

If you have a hard time saying things face-to-face with your wife, write them down. Send her an email or hand-write a nice letter and put it in a card. That's worked for me many times. Sometimes it's just easier to lay it all out in written form. I can imagine that your wife would absolutely LOVE to hear the things that your put in your post above.

OldRightHander
03-07-2008, 09:28 PM
Congrats! I feel like a rookie at six years, but it sure has gone by fast.

I must confess something. When I saw the title of the thread, my first thought was, "Oh no, which Bengal got arrested this time?"

bucksfan
03-08-2008, 06:58 PM
Congrats TRF. Our 14th is coming up (next month) also! Best of luck on the future goals and wishes.

dfs
03-08-2008, 07:43 PM
I wish she knew that she is the first thing I think of each morning, that I can only sleep when she's next to me. I wish she realized how much she has introduced to me, and that without her my life would be work, then home, TV then bed. I don't converse well with people face to face. Generally, I don't like people. I'm like the unabomber minus the bomber part. A hermit before my time. Connie forces me out in the open. She forces me outside my comfort zone. She tries so hard to make me a better person.

I can't imagine a day without her. 14 down, a life time to go.

Print that out. Hand it to her. Tell her you wrote it. You won't regret it.

I'm just shy of 25 years. Laugh with her as much as you can. That's really the best thing.

OldRightHander
03-08-2008, 08:26 PM
I think most of us among the male gender would agree that our wives make us better than we would be alone. Without my wife, I would more than likely revert to my inner caveman.