PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the Reds complete pitching staff ?

fewfirstchoice
03-08-2008, 04:30 PM
I think they will go with a young feel overall this season and suprise everyone.

Starters
1) Harang (this is a given)
2) Arroyo (aswell a given)
3) Fogg
4) Cueto
5) Bailey

Bull Pen
CL Cordero
Weathers
Burton
Volquez
Salmon or Coffey
Bray
Affeltd

I think I like the look of the young kids in the bigs.I believe that Cueto, Bailey, and Volquez are on the team wiht the way they are performing right now.Sure they could totally blow it and be assigned to AAA but I dont see that happening.I think the FO and Dusty are going to give them every chance in the world to make the team and go north.

The above staff would be the best pitcher we as a team could send to Cincy at the end of March.

fadetoblack2880
03-08-2008, 04:40 PM
On paper, that's a good looking staff. I hope that's the staff Baker goes with.

HokieRed
03-08-2008, 05:55 PM
No Belisle? Also, is anyone starting to think Justin Lehr has a chance to make this staff?

jmac
03-08-2008, 06:22 PM
Also, is anyone starting to think Justin Lehr has a chance to make this staff?
What are his stats so far ?

jmac
03-08-2008, 06:27 PM
I think they will go with a young feel overall this season and suprise everyone.

Starters
1) Harang (this is a given)
2) Arroyo (aswell a given)
3) Fogg
4) Cueto
5) Bailey

Bull Pen
CL Cordero
Weathers
Burton
Volquez
Salmon or Coffey
Bray
Affeltd

I think I like the look of the young kids in the bigs.I believe that Cueto, Bailey, and Volquez are on the team wiht the way they are performing right now.Sure they could totally blow it and be assigned to AAA but I dont see that happening.I think the FO and Dusty are going to give them every chance in the world to make the team and go north.

The above staff would be the best pitcher we as a team could send to Cincy at the end of March.
1: I think one of Cueto/Bailey may make the rotation with Belisle/Fogg rounding it out.

2: Hopefully Affeldt is in the pen
3: It is hard to see them cutting ties with Stanton in ST. (not that it isnt warranted,still hard to see though)

SMcGavin
03-08-2008, 06:42 PM
Where is Belisle? There may be a small chance he misses the rotation, but IMO no way he's not on the Opening Day roster. My guess at the Reds staff:

Harang
Arroyo
Belisle
Fogg
Volquez

Cordero
Weathers
Burton
Bray
Stanton
Affeldt
Coffey

I wouldn't be suprised to see Cueto in the bullpen if Bray isn't ready, or maybe Cueto getting the nod ahead of Coffey. Like others have said I don't see us dumping Stanton before opening day, though when making this list it's pretty clear he doesn't deserve to make the squad. Guys who I left off like Salmon, Cueto, McBeth, Coutlangus all are more deserving.

jmac
03-08-2008, 07:14 PM
Where is Belisle?

Guys who I left off like Salmon, Cueto, McBeth, Coutlangus all are more deserving.

Dont forget about Reonicke.
I think he could be added to that group as of "right now". Let's hope it continues.

tbball10
03-08-2008, 08:58 PM
What are his stats so far ?

Lehr: 3.1ip 2h 0r 0bb 3k's 0.00 era

i think it will be:
1- harang
2- arroyo
3- belisle
4- fogg
5- bailey

bullpen:
cordero
weathers
burton
affeldt
stanton
volquez
mcbeth (this is a tossup right now between about 4 guys)