PDA

View Full Version : Reds text alerts?

BearcatShane
03-08-2008, 06:44 PM
Hey, a couple of years ago I had this thing where the final result of a game, if someone hit a homerun, a game changing play late in a game like a go ahead double, or if the Reds made a trade or minor league transaxtion it would be sent to my cell phone via text message. I can't find that anymore, does anyone know where I can sign up for that again? It was awesome. Thanks.

reds2221
03-08-2008, 06:50 PM
the reds website has it

GoReds33
03-08-2008, 07:31 PM
Here's the link:
http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/mobile/text.jsp?c_id=cin

BearcatShane
03-08-2008, 08:02 PM
Thanks!

durl
03-10-2008, 01:09 PM
For those with Palm devices, I found an application that lets you track games. GetSportz is a free download that grabs lots of sports data, not just baseball.

Forgive me but I'm going on memory from last year. In the baseball section, you can click on a game and you'll go to a screen with a baseball diamond and a box score. The data will refresh every minute or so. You'll see AB as well as baserunner info. I use another app to keep up with games but I discovered GetSportz later in the season and like the layout. It seemed to lag further behind my regular app but it was stll useful. I'm curious to see if they made any improvements for this year.