PDA

View Full Version : Corey Patterson gets in his first lineup today...

BLEEDS
03-11-2008, 10:05 AM
Wonder where he's batting?!?!:

Corey Patterson CF
Norris Hopper LF
Jay Bruce RF
Edwin Encarnacion 3B
Joey Votto 1B
Jerry Hariston 2B
Paul Boko C
Juan Castro SS
Chris Kroski DH

WEIRD!!!!

PEACE

-BLEEDS

Cant Touch This
03-11-2008, 10:08 AM
That looks like the new "Murderers Row" to me.

captainmorgan07
03-11-2008, 10:16 AM
I am very intersted to see how patterson fairs today. Another intruiging thing is to see Jay hit third. That could be his future spot in the lineup. Atleast he has some good protectiona round him with encarnacion.

IowaRed
03-11-2008, 10:20 AM
I am very intersted to see how patterson fairs today. Another intruiging thing is to see Jay hit third. That could be his future spot in the lineup. Atleast he has some good protectiona round him with encarnacion.

I have to give you credit for trying to find a positive

I honestly wonder if a more impotent lineup has ever been written on a lineup card in Reds ST history

IowaRed
03-11-2008, 10:28 AM
I have to give you credit for trying to find a positive

I honestly wonder if a more impotent lineup has ever been written on a lineup card in Reds ST history

Time for a mini-retraction, I didn't realize this was a SS game

smoke6
03-11-2008, 10:52 AM

Corey Patterson CF
Norris Hopper LF
Jay Bruce RF
Edwin Encarnacion 3B
Joey Votto 1B
Jerry Hariston 2B
Paul Boko C
Juan Castro SS
Chris Kroski DH

WEIRD!!!!

PEACE

-BLEEDS

tHAT CAN'T BE THE REAL LINE UP!?!?:confused:

Newman4
03-11-2008, 11:35 AM
Time for a mini-retraction, I didn't realize this was a SS game

I thought it was the JV game. :D Reds laid a goose egg last night with their regular lineup, is it possible to score negative runs with this one? Brings back to mind the good old days of Bob Boone's "Sunday Specials"

captainmorgan07
03-11-2008, 12:39 PM
i've seen worse lineups ran out their on sundays by the three stooges boone, narron and miley. Plus it's split squad today so there's not a whole lot of choices.

BLEEDS
03-11-2008, 12:46 PM

That should be the truth - but I'm sure you've seen Baker's comments on BP, that "he should bat third someday".

You know, you don't want your #3 hitter clogging up the bases...

Unfortunately EE, although probably the best contact and power hitter not named Adam Dunn on the team, will be relegated to the 6 spot in the present and future - unless we dont' keep Dunn.

2009 lineup:

Patterson
Gonzalez
BP
JB
EE
Votto
Some really crappy Left Fielder
Some really crappy Catcher

UGH!

PEACE

-BLEEDS

ChatterRed
03-11-2008, 01:32 PM

Corey Patterson CF
Norris Hopper LF
Jay Bruce RF
Edwin Encarnacion 3B
Joey Votto 1B
Jerry Hariston 2B
Paul Boko C
Juan Castro SS
Chris Kroski DH

WEIRD!!!!

PEACE

-BLEEDS

Chris Kroski at the plate! The pitch..........he swings and misses. The pitcher really had Chris crossed on that pitch. :D

His parents should be shot for that name.

GoReds33
03-11-2008, 09:10 PM
That looks like the new "Murderers Row" to me.Hey, anything with Bruce in it is murderers row.:)

BLEEDS
03-12-2008, 12:45 AM
Unfortunately, "Murderers Row" didn't fare so well against Dontrelle. Nasty Left-Handers are going to (continue to) eat us alive.

For all the things Bruce and Votto will bring to the Reds in the future, looks like hitting Left Handers should not be one we look for.

This only re-emphasizes the need for a RH power bat.

FWIW, EE didn't have any success against D-Train either... That Murderers Row was a combined 0-8 with 3 K's (tho not sure if they were all against DW).

PEACE

-BLEEDS

BLEEDS
03-13-2008, 02:48 PM
per Fay, 3/13:

"Reds v. Phillies lineup

7:05, no radio.

Corey Patterson CF
Juan Castro SS
Ken Griffey Jr. RF
Brandon Phillips 2 B
Adam Dunn LF
Edwin Encarnacion 3B
Joey Votto 1B
Paul Bako C
Chris Dickerson DH

Jeremy Affeldt P, followed by Mike Stanton, Jim Brower, Gary Majewski and Scott Sauerbeck."

Still looking for an indication that we're going to bat Patterson 7th.

Hope it's sinking in for you doubters. Kinda like a sickness, you just have to face up and accept it, no matter how much it nauseates you.

This looks like our opening day lineup - at least 1-7. Replace Bako with Ross/Valentin.

PEACE

-BLEEDS

justincredible
03-13-2008, 03:25 PM
Juan Castro will not be the Opening Day SS.

BLEEDS
03-13-2008, 03:56 PM
Juan Castro will not be the Opening Day SS.

I wouldn't bet against it.

He definitely wouldn't clog the bases, that's for sure.

Keppinger has an inside shot, but I don't think Dusty likes his Defense as much. Janish had some early looks/promise, but I think Dusty goes the "proven but crappy veteran" whenever in doubt...

PEACE

-BLEEDS

fugowitribe
03-13-2008, 04:09 PM
If Castro is the Opening Day SS, can I be the first to pray for the health of Gonzo. At first I thought it wouldn't be so bad if Keppinger got a chance to repeat the performance he gave last year, but now this Gonzo injury is turning into an early excuse for not putting a winning team on the field.