PDA

View Full Version : Bruce and Votto Strike Back

reds44
03-11-2008, 06:34 PM
Fay:

The rookies struck back with a gag of their own Tuesday.

A fake Toyota ad with a picture of Scott Hatteberg was hanging on the bulletin board Tuesday morning.

The copy read: “I’m Scott Hatteberg. I enjoy a nice glass of wine and brewing my own beer. What can I say, I’m cultured? That’s why I drive a Prius. They’re eco-friendly and Japanese.”

Hatteberg, one of the most sophisticated guys in the clubhouse, took it well. The culprits?

“My protégés (Jay) Bruce and (Joey) Votto,” Hatteberg said. “I told them well done.”

:lol:

HumnHilghtFreel
03-11-2008, 06:43 PM
I don't know if I'm the only one, but I read the quote in the voice of Jackie Moon in the Old Spice commercials.

*BaseClogger*
03-11-2008, 06:47 PM
I don't know if I'm the only one, but I read the quote in the voice of Jackie Moon in the Old Spice commercials.

I was reading it in Ron Burgundy's voice :lol:

"I have many leather-bound books that smell of rich mahogony"

princeton
03-11-2008, 06:54 PM
I'm hoping that their hitting is closer to major league quality than their pranking

Chip R
03-11-2008, 07:16 PM
I'm hoping that their hitting is closer to major league quality than their pranking

Maybe you had to be there. :dunno: They do have a ways to go to catch up with Dunner.

redsmetz
03-11-2008, 09:19 PM

I'm guessing as young as they are, they know how to use Photoshop, so it probably looked pretty real. Now Hatteberg, he's not so young.

gonelong
03-11-2008, 11:31 PM

I like it.

Subtle, and for a couple of rookies pranking a vet it probably doesn't go over well to have his automobile filled with Peanut butter and Jelly.

Rookies take a little poke back to let the vets know they aren't whippin boys, but at the same time understand their place in the hierarchy.

Well done indeed.

GL