PDA

View Full Version : 10th pick, 5x5 league

Benihana
03-13-2008, 11:23 AM
Standard 5x5 11 team league, I'm hoping to get Jimmy Rollins at 10. Otherwise, it's gonna be Ryan Howard or Prince Fielder.

In the second round (#13 overall), it's going to be a choice between Ryan Braun, Albert Pujols, and Johan Santana. Any thoughts on either selection?

Joseph
03-13-2008, 11:35 AM
Rollins>Fielder>Howard

Santana>Braun>Pujols

I removed Pujols from my lists because I think he goes down at midseason.

Benihana
03-13-2008, 11:54 AM
Rollins>Fielder>Howard

Santana>Braun>Pujols

I removed Pujols from my lists because I think he goes down at midseason.

Funny, that's exactly how I had them ranked. If I could get Rollins and Santana with 10 and 13, I'd be ecstatic.

Benihana
03-13-2008, 12:27 PM
Anybody else care to weigh in on Fielder vs. Howard?

Buckeye33
03-13-2008, 12:34 PM

Ina 5x5 league, I think I would go with Fielder. He is going to scored about 15-20 runs more than Howard, and hit .285 to Howard's .265. They will both hit 40-50 HR. The only stat Howard will be better in is RBIs.

NJReds
03-13-2008, 12:41 PM

I actually had to make that decision last night. I had the 12 and 13 picks. I took Fielder over Howard. More of a gut feeling. I would've been happy with either.

Benihana
03-17-2008, 11:02 AM
Here's how it worked out:

1B P.Fielder
2B I.Kinsler
SS C.Guillen
3B E.Encarncion
OF M.Holliday
OF C.Granderson
OF C.Hart
DH L.Berkman
C G.Soto

SP R.Oswalt
SP F.Liriano
SP D.McGowan
SP D.Lowe
SP J.Guthrie
SP Z.Greinke

RP F.Cordero
RP B.Lyon
RP G.Sherrill

BN V.Wells
BN J.Hamilton
BN O.Cabrera

I think I need to move either a SS or an OF for some pitching. I'm considering the following three trades:

Guillen for Hamels
Granderson for Bedard
Wells and Lowe for Halladay

Of these three, which move do you like the most/least? Also, I'm considering dropping Guthrie and/or Greinke for Volquez and/or Cueto. What are your thoughts on that? Thanks in advance.

Benihana
03-17-2008, 02:42 PM

Stephenk29
03-17-2008, 07:13 PM
Wells and Lowe for halladay isn't bad. You have Wells on the bech already and Halladay is a big upgrade over Lowe I would think. I haven't looked at the numbes so I'm not sure but my initial gut says yes for that one.

Benihana
03-17-2008, 08:24 PM
Wells and Lowe for halladay isn't bad. You have Wells on the bech already and Halladay is a big upgrade over Lowe I would think. I haven't looked at the numbes so I'm not sure but my initial gut says yes for that one.

Thanks for the input. The guy is asking for Lyon instead of Lowe, making the deal Wells and Lyon for Halladay. I'm leaning towards pulling the trigger, even though I'd lose some saves. Thoughts?

Dom Heffner
03-21-2008, 08:40 PM
PECOTA loves most of your team. Kinsler at second should be a steal.

Even Edwin shouldn't do too badly. I would try to swing a deal for Ryam Zimmerman if you can. He should have a huge year.

Stephenk29
03-21-2008, 09:54 PM
Eh your gonna be iffy on saves as it is. Sherril will get 30 if he's lucky, that's if the Giants manage to win a game. Lyon should be solid along with Cordero, but I think if you were to lose one of the guys you might find yourself lacking in saves. That's just me at least, I'd be a little timid. I'd try and work the Lowe deal.

mlbfan30
03-22-2008, 03:30 AM
Eh your gonna be iffy on saves as it is. Sherril will get 30 if he's lucky, that's if the Giants manage to win a game. Lyon should be solid along with Cordero, but I think if you were to lose one of the guys you might find yourself lacking in saves. That's just me at least, I'd be a little timid. I'd try and work the Lowe deal.

What does Sherril have to do with the Giants

Stephenk29
03-23-2008, 12:17 PM
What does Sherril have to do with the Giants

Orioles by bad.