PDA

View Full Version : A Stronger Indicator of Bakerís Rotation Leanings ?

Spring~Fields
03-13-2008, 06:47 PM
The Reds just announced this:

MINOR LEAGUE GAMES: RHP Aaron Harang will throw in a minor league game on Sunday while RHP Edinson Volquez starts the "A" game against the Phillies...RHP Bronson Arroyo will throw in a minor league game on Monday while RHP Johnny Cueto starts against the Tigers.

Source: John Fay

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/redsinsider/2008/03/reds-v-phillies-lineup.asp

Are we getting a stronger indicator of Bakerís leanings toward what might be his starting rotation if Cueto and Volquez continue to pass the test? Or is this just additional work which is common?

Matt700wlw
03-13-2008, 06:51 PM
Well...the Cueto start will be on FSN Ohio Monday at 1:05 :)

(I got it right that time ;))

pedro
03-13-2008, 06:58 PM
I think that's a good sign that both Cueto and Volquez may well be in the rotation to start the year.

Spring~Fields
03-13-2008, 07:07 PM
I think that's a good sign that both Cueto and Volquez may well be in the rotation to start the year.

After seeing Cueto and Volquez starting against the mlb teams vs. the minors, that was the first flash that came to my mind yet I was still hesitant to accept my thoughts. Baker certainly is giving them serious opportunity. I can't wait to see how this all shakes out.