PDA

View Full Version : C. Trent radio news (Per ORG)

BLEEDS
03-14-2008, 03:39 PM
(from Org Post):
I am suprised no one has posted this. I caught C trent on 1530 the afternoon. From memory:

1. There is 'no way' Jay Bruce starts the season in Cincinnati. No way. Get over it. Move on. He plays 2-8 weeks in AAA.

2. Bray looked good last night. He had some 'pop' on his fastball.

3. Some cuts after fridays games

4. Cueto was awesome last night

5. Reds seem to be showcasing Hat

6. Unless Affeldt pitches great tonight he'll for sure be in the bullpen opening day

IMO, 3 and 4 are no-brainers/no value-add.

6 pretty much the same, and after last night, he's in the BP IMO. His rotation job optoins were expired last night.

5 is interesting. I wonder if anything will transpire there. And for what - a catcher maybe?

2 is more interesting, and more hopeful. Bray is money, and as a left-hander would be awesome. Couple that with Affeldt likely to the pen, and WHOM from Stanton, Mercker, and the young guns gets the boot. We can't keep 4 lefties in the bullpen (can we?).

1 is the most interesting. While a lot of us fans have assumed this, this is the first I've seen any media types actually putting it so bluntly and with the details such as timeframes. Educated Guess or Media Fodder? Inside Info or New Guy Blowing Smoke? Regardless, I think he's right, but I'm not sure 2-8 weeks is accurate, more like 2-3 months IMO. I think they wait until/if KGJ gets injured before they move him up. Maybe if we are in the race, we bring him in to spark, IFF he's beating down the door in AAA, but at a minimum we won't do it until it's assured that it saves us a full year on his ARB clock. It also puts the .01% into my 99.99% probability that Corey F. Patterson is the opening Day CF-er and lead-off guy.

Thoughts/Comments?

PEACE

-BLEEDS

Rocket_Fuel
03-14-2008, 07:16 PM
Hopefully that means Cueto is solidifying a spot in the rotation. We need 2 more guys to step up since Belisle and Affeldt are struggling. Fogg should fit into the 4th spot. From there, we'll see. Volquez? Bailey? Who knows.

steig
03-14-2008, 07:43 PM
As much as I want Bruce to be the man and be the opening day center fielder; I do believe he will be best if he starts the year at AAA. If he gets off to a hot start then I would expect him to be in Cinci by June 1st, especially if the Reds can trade Freel. I believe they would be willing to eat the contract of Patterson if Bruce came up and played well.

GoReds33
03-14-2008, 08:16 PM
I read the thing about the cuts the other day, that would be coming today. I didn't have any idea they'd send Janish down that soon.

IowaRed
03-14-2008, 08:24 PM
(from Org Post):
It also puts the .01% into my 99.99% probability that Corey F. Patterson is the opening Day CF-er and lead-off guy.

Thoughts/Comments?

PEACE

-BLEEDS

You would have won the bet :)

mlbfan30
03-14-2008, 08:34 PM
I don't like Janish being sent down. That probably means Castro is going to be the backup SS, and that's not a good thing. Janish is a MUCH better fielder, and actually has a .350OBP in the minors. If the team wants a real "SS" then get one with Janish. We're going to have Castro and Bako in the same lineup. They had a total of 48 Hits in 245 AB last year... a .195 AVG with no power and K-rate on par with Dunn. Great job Dusty.

LouisvilleCARDS
03-15-2008, 12:45 AM
At least Bruce being down here in Louisville will give the Bats a chance to start off great for the first time in a while. While its generally meaningless, hopefully they can goto the IL playoffs this year, its been a while.

AmarilloRed
03-15-2008, 12:54 AM

We will see. Patterson has not even made the roster yet.:rolleyes:

BLEEDS
03-15-2008, 02:43 AM

:thumbup:

We will see. Patterson has not even made the roster yet.:rolleyes:

:thumbdown

Holding onto any thread of possibility huh? The chances were slim to none to begin with, and slim has just left the building...

I suppose you aren't ready to concede you haven't won the lottery yet, because the numbers haven't been drawn huh? LMAO!!!

PEACE

-BLEEDS

ChatterRed
03-15-2008, 10:45 AM
If Jay Bruce isn't in the opening day starting lineup, I'm not going to the game this year (the first in awhile).

I'm tired of this crap.

(sarcasm)....yeah, let's stick Freel in CF......that'll get the job done.

TheBigLebowski
03-15-2008, 12:12 PM
(from Org Post):
I am suprised no one has posted this. I caught C trent on 1530 the afternoon. From memory:

1. There is 'no way' Jay Bruce starts the season in Cincinnati. No way. Get over it. Move on. He plays 2-8 weeks in AAA.

2. Bray looked good last night. He had some 'pop' on his fastball.

3. Some cuts after fridays games

4. Cueto was awesome last night

5. Reds seem to be showcasing Hat

6. Unless Affeldt pitches great tonight he'll for sure be in the bullpen opening day

1 comes as no surprise to me but that timeframe makes no sense whatsoever.

We need Bray healthy. If we have that then we might - gasp - have a good bullpen, a BP that is actually a strength rather than a huge liability.

I think we can all comfortably assume that Cueto will be on our opening day roster in some capacity.

I would have to think that the only thing we'd be showcasing Hatte for would be a catcher.

Affeldt's in the pen and that's where he belongs.

Casey
03-15-2008, 04:30 PM
I think the signing of Patterson pretty much sealed the deal of Bruce starting the season at AAA. There's no need to rush him, he'll be up at some point this year, probably before the All Star break.

NDReds9
03-16-2008, 04:44 AM
Corey F. Patterson can rot in baseball hell, and take gap-thoothed Jerry Hairston with him.