03-14-2008, 11:55 PM
1) As I suggested earlier, my take on the rotation is still

Harang,
Arroyo
Cueto
Volquez
Fogg

2) Belisle, Affeldt, Shoenweiss and Malony have been awful; if not
some substantial improvement, imo, the first three will suffer the same fate as the latter before 4/1

3) The kids
a. saw another perfect inning from Josh R., 0.00 for the spring
b. P. Viola suprised today, not by his 1-2-3 but by his mound
presence....K'ed the yankee gentleman from Japan with a sweet change. We'll be hearing more from this dude, soon.
c. D.Thompson looked v, v impressive...did not K the side like he did in his last appearance, but he made his job look like child's play...I really, really like him. It's like he's saying, "If johnny can, so can I..."
d.He got a hit today, but JV will have to get red hot to make the club out of ST, no matter how hot he was last Sept....He's just not the same.....
e. Same for Bruce..he got 2 singles today, but he's still behind other hitters from his early hammy flareup....

4) the pen
a. Merker looks 30 not 40, he will be in the bigs somewhere this year
b. B Salmon bb, k, k, k, today...
c.The ex-Red from Bowden's era, whose name escapes me right now, pitched pretty well, in relief, against the Phillies last night...

5)Name 2 Reds who weigh 270 or more...
Dunn and???

more l8r

Topcat
03-15-2008, 05:48 AM
1) As I suggested earlier, my take on the rotation is still

Harang,
Arroyo
Cueto
Volquez
Fogg

some substantial improvement, imo, the first three will suffer the same fate as the latter before 4/1

3) The kids
a. saw another perfect inning from Josh R., 0.00 for the spring
b. P. Viola suprised today, not by his 1-2-3 but by his mound
presence....K'ed the yankee gentleman from Japan with a sweet change. We'll be hearing more from this dude, soon.
c. D.Thompson looked v, v impressive...did not K the side like he did in his last appearance, but he made his job look like child's play...I really, really like him. It's like he's saying, "If johnny can, so can I..."
d.He got a hit today, but JV will have to get red hot to make the club out of ST, no matter how hot he was last Sept....He's just not the same.....
e. Same for Bruce..he got 2 singles today, but he's still behind other hitters from his early hammy flareup....

4) the pen
a. Merker looks 30 not 40, he will be in the bigs somewhere this year
b. B Salmon bb, k, k, k, today...
c.The ex-Red from Bowden's era, whose name escapes me right now, pitched pretty well, in relief, against the Phillies last night...

Dunn and???

more l8r

Dunn and???

My bet is Javy Valentin or Todd Coffey due to fact at his height he could carry that weight.

RedlegJake
03-15-2008, 07:10 AM
Dunn and Capellan

redsmetz
03-15-2008, 07:18 AM

Schoenweiss? I thought he was with the Mets now. I wracking my brain to think of who you mean.

Highlifeman21
03-15-2008, 08:54 AM
Harang's the same size as Dunn. He might even be an inch taller.

It wouldn't surprise me if Harang was 275.

OnBaseMachine
03-15-2008, 08:59 AM
Looking an updated pictures of Dunn and seeing him on TV the other night, I doubt he even weighs 275 now. I'd say he's more in the 255 area now.

Sea Ray
03-15-2008, 09:00 AM
Looking an updated pictures of Dunn and seeing him on TV the other night, I doubt he even weighs 275 now. I'd say he's more in the 255 area now.

If that's the case then he lost a lot of weight since 2007. I haven't read that he's been on Jenny Craig or anything

boognish
03-15-2008, 10:52 AM
Schoenweiss? I thought he was with the Mets now. I wracking my brain to think of who you mean.

Maybe Sauerbeck? Both LHP veterans with slightly lengthy "s" names...and Sauerbeck hasn't looked good from everything I have read.

TeamBoone
03-15-2008, 12:28 PM
If that's the case then he lost a lot of weight since 2007. I haven't read that he's been on Jenny Craig or anything

I don't think they report how the guys lose weight. But just looking at him, you can tell that he has. I wouldn't hazard a guess at how much though.

All he would have to do to lose 15-20 pounds over the off season is eat healthier and exercise more.

BCubb2003
03-15-2008, 01:47 PM
The amazing thing is that Big Klu only weighed 225.

But it was all in his forearms.

RFS62
03-15-2008, 01:51 PM
The amazing thing is that Big Klu only weighed 225.

But it was all in his forearms.

Ga_Red
03-15-2008, 03:36 PM
RedlegJake got it right....Dunn and the new rule 5 pitcher...
Dunn.taller, harder...Cappy 2 inches shorter and chubby, to be nice about it....

redsrule2500
03-16-2008, 12:55 AM
Sauerbeck looked even worse today, according the box score....