PDA

View Full Version : Greinke, Guthrie, Cueto, Volquez?

Benihana
03-17-2008, 11:38 AM
If you had to take two of these four, who would you take?

I really want to have Cueto and/or EV on my squad, but do you think it is worth it over Guthrie or Greinke?

Patrick Bateman
03-17-2008, 12:25 PM
Honestly, Cueto and Volquez are set up for relative success. Greinke is on a terrible team, in a hitters park, in the AL.... he's going to have to pitch awfully good to be a fantasy asset. Guthrie I like, but again.... horrible team, toughest divison in baseball...not a huge K guy.

With the Reds it's not a dissimilar story, but pitchng in the NL is going to be so much easier... plus I think Cueto and Volquez could rack up more K's. I wouldn't feel bad about picking up the 2 Reds if those are the options available.

Benihana
03-18-2008, 12:04 PM
Who would you rather have in a 5x5 league- Cueto or Volquez?

Buckeye33
03-18-2008, 12:28 PM
Who would you rather have in a 5x5 league- Cueto or Volquez?

That is a pretty tough decision. I believe Cueto has more upside as far as WHIP, ERA, and Ks goes, but Volquez has more experience on the ML level. It isn't a significant amount more, but it is more.

If I had to choose between them I think I'd go for the higher upside in Cueto and then see how he does in his 1st couple starts. I would also watch his matchups as well, starting him against weaker teams and possibly keeping him benched against the better hitting teams.