PDA

View Full Version : Pepsi drinkers

savafan
03-18-2008, 07:39 PM
I've noticed that there is a distinct difference in the flavor in the last two 12 packs that I've drank from. It also seems to lose it's carbonation very quickly. Has anyone else noticed this? It is definitely not an improvement!

goreds2
03-18-2008, 07:48 PM
Have you checked the expiration date?

What environment were the 12 packs in? Some gas stations store / display 12 packs of pop outside.

savafan
03-18-2008, 07:55 PM
Have you checked the expiration date?

What environment were the 12 packs in? Some gas stations store / display 12 packs of pop outside.

Yeah, they should have 8 months of goodness left, and they were with all of the other sodas at the local Kroger store.

Red in Chicago
03-18-2008, 08:41 PM
Pepsi sucks...switch to Coke :)

savafan
03-18-2008, 08:47 PM

Coke has poop in it. :(

Gainesville Red
03-18-2008, 08:48 PM
Coke has poop in it. :(

Does Dr. Pepper have poop in it? I hope not.

15fan
03-18-2008, 09:01 PM

Amen.

savafan
03-18-2008, 09:09 PM
Does Dr. Pepper have poop in it? I hope not.

I don't know. Here's how I hypothesize that there is poop in Coke.

Tap water has traces of feces found in it. We now know that Aquafina is simply bottled tap water. Aquafina is bottled and marketed by Coca Cola. One would assume that the water used in the manufacturing of the Coke is likely the same water used in Aquafina...which is tap water, which has poop in it.

KronoRed
03-18-2008, 09:14 PM
Aquafina is PepsiCo.

savafan
03-18-2008, 09:19 PM
Aquafina is PepsiCo.

I'm going to go throw out this Pepsi now...:barf:

Razor Shines
03-18-2008, 09:19 PM
I don't know. Here's how I hypothesize that there is poop in Coke.

Tap water has traces of feces found in it. We now know that Aquafina is simply bottled tap water. Aquafina is bottled and marketed by Coca Cola. One would assume that the water used in the manufacturing of the Coke is likely the same water used in Aquafina...which is tap water, which has poop in it.

Dasani is bottled by Coca Cola. And you should swith from pop/soda/Coke/Pepsi all together.

savafan
03-18-2008, 09:24 PM
Dasani is bottled by Coca Cola. And you should swith from pop/soda/Coke/Pepsi all together.

How does one swith? What does that mean? Swim from? Switch from? Swish from? I don't know...all I can taste right now is poop.

Geez...I feel as though I just created the worst thread ever and showed my ignorance all at the same time.

TeamSelig
03-18-2008, 09:26 PM
Conspiracy?

Red in Chicago
03-18-2008, 09:30 PM
How does one swith? What does that mean? Swim from? Switch from? Swish from? I don't know...all I can taste right now is poop.

Geez...I feel as though I just created the worst thread ever and showed my ignorance all at the same time.

sava...i've had a few 12 packs of pop (that's soda to any new yorkers) that didn't seem to have the normal "fizz" that it should have. i had my mother exchange them for different ones and they were fine...mom is good for exchanging things that i don't want to be bothered with;) she has no shame

savafan
03-18-2008, 09:33 PM
sava...i've had a few 12 packs of pop (that's soda to any new yorkers) that didn't seem to have the normal "fizz" that it should have. i had my mother exchange them for different ones and they were fine...mom is good for exchanging things that i don't want to be bothered with;) she has no shame

Yeah, but my mom lives 2 hours away...with gas prices what they are, I can't rationalize driving two hours to give my mom the last three cans from this twelve pack of Pepsi and ask her to return it because the previous 9 cans were a little flat.

pedro
03-18-2008, 09:36 PM
Pepsi is disgusting.

The idea that anyone would but 12 of them at once on purpose is beyond befuddling.

savafan
03-18-2008, 09:38 PM
Pepsi is disgusting.

The idea that anyone would but 12 of them at once on purpose is beyond befuddling.

I know this now. I bought it because I was apparently misinformed about who manufactured Aquafina, and didn't want to drink poopy Coke...

Well, now look how that has turned out.:(

pedro
03-18-2008, 09:39 PM
That goes for all soda too.

I'll drink about 1 coke every couple of months but I just can't fathom why anyone would drink any of it regularly.

Ltlabner
03-18-2008, 09:42 PM

I'll drink about 1 coke every couple of months but I just can't fathom why anyone would drink any of it regularly.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing about those who consume boiled beans and boiled hopps.

RFS62
03-18-2008, 09:43 PM

'cause you can't get it intravenously

savafan
03-18-2008, 09:43 PM

Borderline diabetic, and the office doesn't have a snack or juice machine.

savafan
03-18-2008, 09:44 PM
Oh, and caffeine addiction too.

remdog
03-18-2008, 09:44 PM
I know this now. I bought it because I was apparently misinformed about who manufactured Aquafina, and didn't want to drink poopy Coke...

Well, now look how that has turned out.:(

I find this thread hilarious! I appologize if that offends anyone but Coke, Pepsi, Poop....:lol:

Rem

pedro
03-18-2008, 09:49 PM
Funny, I was thinking the same thing about those who consume boiled beans and boiled hopps.

that'd be me :)

I'm going to opening day in Atlanta and I am so going to partake in both.

savafan
03-18-2008, 09:51 PM
that'd be me :)

I'm going to opening day in Atlanta and I am so going to partake in both.

They sell boiled beans at the ballpark in Atlanta?

Say, isn't the Coca Cola plant in Atlanta? :scared:

Razor Shines
03-18-2008, 09:51 PM

ok. My bad forgot the "c".

pedro
03-18-2008, 09:53 PM

You have to get them outside but they let you bring em in.

paintmered
03-18-2008, 10:36 PM
Aquafina is PepsiCo.

Correct. Dasani is the Coca-Cola product.

TeamSelig
03-18-2008, 11:02 PM
Mmmm... wild cherry pepsi

*BaseClogger*
03-18-2008, 11:25 PM
gimme Coke from the fountain and Pepsi from the bottle/can... and I'm not sure why...

LoganBuck
03-18-2008, 11:57 PM
sava, this happens every year at this time. Odds are your Pepsi was frozen, or exposed to repeated temp changes. It is the same basic idea as skunky beer. It tastes stale, and it has little or no carbonation. Pop has a very low tolerance to variations in temperature.

westofyou
03-19-2008, 12:07 AM
I once watched a pack of deadheads strip a free truck of Pepsi light in Vegas, the whole thing was gone in 5 minutes... it was like locusts had landed.

savafan
03-19-2008, 07:28 AM
sava, this happens every year at this time. Odds are your Pepsi was frozen, or exposed to repeated temp changes. It is the same basic idea as skunky beer. It tastes stale, and it has little or no carbonation. Pop has a very low tolerance to variations in temperature.

Interesting. I didn't know this, but it does make sense.

BRM
03-19-2008, 11:48 AM
The only way I like Coke is if it's heavily diluted with Captain Morgan or Jack Daniels.

minus5
03-19-2008, 11:59 AM
The only way I like Coke is if it's heavily diluted with Captain Morgan or Jack Daniels.

You should be nicer to your Jack Daniels ;)

Brutus_the_Red
03-19-2008, 12:26 PM

i'll only drink Coke from McDonalds.

it tastes better there.

KronoRed
03-19-2008, 02:09 PM
All soda tastes better out of a good fountain, it's the only way I drink it anymore, at home it's juice and iced tea.

Redlegs23
03-19-2008, 03:13 PM
sava fan is cracking me up

WebScorpion
03-19-2008, 04:26 PM
Support the little guy, swith(sp?) to RC Cola!

Aquafina and Dasani are just filtered tap water...buy a filter!

durl
03-19-2008, 04:28 PM
I've noticed that there is a distinct difference in the flavor in the last two 12 packs that I've drank from. It also seems to lose it's carbonation very quickly. Has anyone else noticed this? It is definitely not an improvement!

It should be obvious. It's CARBONation. Carbon Dioxide. CO2 is considered by many to be a pollutant...a greenhouse gas. They're putting less of it in sodas because it's the "green" thing to do. Everytime you enjoy that fizz in soda or foam in beer, you're warming the planet. :D

savafan
03-19-2008, 05:48 PM
It should be obvious. It's CARBONation. Carbon Dioxide. CO2 is considered by many to be a pollutant...a greenhouse gas. They're putting less of it in sodas because it's the "green" thing to do. Everytime you enjoy that fizz in soda or foam in beer, you're warming the planet. :D

Hey, after the last few weeks, I want nothing but to warm the planet.

15fan
03-19-2008, 09:50 PM

My wife loves boiled peanuts. But she grew up (for the most part, at least) in a verrrrry redneck part of North Carolina.

Coke world headquarters are here. Right over by Georgia Tech on the north side of downtown. But I don't know if they have any bottling plants here.

And what's really weird about Coke - we've lived here since 1995. Met all sorts of people from all sorts of walks of life. Lived in 4 different places in 4 different parts of town. Mrs. fan has had 5 different employers. I work for a pretty big organization. Different churches, different community sports leagues, the whole 9 yards.

But we've never met anyone who works for Coke.

Gainesville Red
03-19-2008, 10:09 PM
My wife loves boiled peanuts.

Sounds like a brilliant and sensible woman with excellent taste.

savafan
03-19-2008, 10:11 PM
For the record, after finishing the last can of Pepsi, I just returned from Kroger with a 12 pack of Cherry Coke.

westofyou
03-19-2008, 11:17 PM
But we've never met anyone who works for Coke.

I too love boiled peanuts and I know someone who worked for Coke in ATL, that said my sister had a contract with Coke and their company had to sign a waiver that they would not drink Pepsi products when working with Coke, they had to remove their Pepsi machine fro their office too.

WMR
03-19-2008, 11:18 PM
I once watched a pack of deadheads strip a free truck of Pepsi light in Vegas, the whole thing was gone in 5 minutes... it was like locusts had landed.

Awww, c'mon woy, I'm sure you grabbed a couple six packs for yourself, you old hippie! ;)

Red in Chicago
03-19-2008, 11:40 PM
For the record, after finishing the last can of Pepsi, I just returned from Kroger with a 12 pack of Cherry Coke.

as a shareholder of coca-cola, i say "thanks" ;)

15fan
03-20-2008, 09:45 AM
my sister had a contract with Coke and their company had to sign a waiver that they would not drink Pepsi products when working with Coke, they had to remove their Pepsi machine fro their office too.

Yep, I've heard that the Coke folks are, uh, zealous.

RedsFan75
03-20-2008, 02:13 PM
Yes they are, and after working at a coke bottling plant one summer, I avoid it if at all possible.

15fan
03-20-2008, 03:03 PM
Sounds like a brilliant and sensible woman with excellent taste.

Yet she's been married to me for over a decade.

savafan
03-20-2008, 06:04 PM
Yet she's been married to me for over a decade.

I heard of a guy who once took a car for a week long, 2,000 mile test drive. True story. ;)

Cyclone792
03-20-2008, 06:20 PM

Reminds me when I saw a guy on a college campus carrying a case of Bud Light over his head during College Gameday. The crowd swarmed around him, someone knocked him down, the case of Bud Light disappeared, and then five seconds later all that was left was that guy laying on the ground holding pieces of shredded cardboard in his hands.