PDA

View Full Version : Who Do You Want To Host The Weekend EXTRA INNINGS Show On 700WLW (XM173) In 2008?

goreds2
03-19-2008, 04:20 AM
I have not heard who will be the host.

I would like Tracy Jones to continue but he probably will not due to his weekday show.

I am guessing it will be Alan Cutler though.

JayBruce4HOF
03-19-2008, 04:42 AM
Anything that means we are forced to endure less of that idiot Tracy Jones is a good thing.

Moosie52
03-19-2008, 07:46 AM
I don't want to hear Cutler say "Incredulous!" when he means "Incredible!" ever again.

Natty Redlocks
03-19-2008, 09:29 AM
Anything that means we are forced to endure less of that idiot Tracy Jones is a good thing.

:thumbup:

redsfanmia
03-19-2008, 10:46 AM
I hope they go for a combo of Richard from Indian Hill and Rod from Norwood, they both have great knowledge and would bring great insight to the extra innings show, plus Rod could use a break in life.

mroby85
03-19-2008, 10:48 AM
I hope they go for a combo of Richard from Indian Hill and Rod from Norwood, they both have great knowledge and would bring great insight to the extra innings show, plus Rod could use a break in life.

haha good call, personally, I think tracy jones keeps the show very interesting, but i also enjoy cutler, so either one would work for me.

nineworldseries
03-19-2008, 11:44 AM
Anybody but Paul Daugherty.

Nasty_Boy
03-19-2008, 12:00 PM
I like the Tracer.

gedred69
03-19-2008, 02:21 PM
I liked Tracy initially, but the show turned into his amateurish attempts to be a clinical psychologist. Cutler is passable, but he can get so combative. Maybe somebody new? What I would really like to see is a better screening job before people get on the air, so the solely stat readers, (CPA's I expect) don't dominate. I'd rather hear from peolpe who are in frequent attendance, and pay attention to the little nuances of the game. Enough with the bombastic Richards of the world....

NorrisHopper30
03-19-2008, 06:07 PM
Brandon Phillips, he loves being on the radio. + I'd like to see him teach Daugherty again how to say "shawty".

redsfan1966
03-19-2008, 07:03 PM
This is a very good question.....I really love the "Seg" Man as a person, greaaat guy...but dont know if I can listen to two hours of stuttering and stammering during the weekends. I hate Alan Cutler and cant see the Tracer doing weekend duty anymore.....there is a certain former WLW personality who is no longer doing much radio work anymore----dare I suggest--Andrew Furman!

jnwohio
03-19-2008, 11:29 PM
My biggest gripe with Daugherty is that he can't seem to let go of the NFL (Bengals) even when he is doing baseball coverage.

Some one needs to sit him down and go over WLW's listener demographics for the Reds game package. I am guessing many, perhaps even most of the listeners are from outside of the I275 belt or so called "TriState". As such, most of us of us could care less about the Bengals; and in fact many are Browns, Colts, or Steeler fans. Not to mention that the folks tuning in to XM173 after the Reds games almost certainly did not tune in to hear the latest circus (Bengals) news.

Furball also semed to have trouble wanting to stick to the Reds every nite.

I know Tracy put off some of the baseball purists, many of whom frequent this site. However to me, Rod and Richard et al were welcome diversions following really raunchy efforts by the Reds. In that spirit, I nominate R&R to be wekend cohosts of extra innings.

goreds2
03-22-2008, 04:01 PM
I know it's not officially Extra Innings but Alan Cutler his hosting after todays game.

jmac
03-22-2008, 08:07 PM
This isnt exactly about extra innings but wlw in general.
Many times alot of these guys like to yap about other "stuff" more than most baseball related shows.
Example: I get off from work around 3:30 Cincy time most days and turn on wlw to get a reds update.
I think it was Thursday of this week that I wanted to know score and particulars which Seg normally gives and Jones/other guy said "let's forget the sports and talk about ..." some woman's jewelry(maybe Seg's wife)

They forget alot of times that people tune in at sports time to hear the sports and not a bunch of gab. Many other times,when Seg tries to give the sports, they are constantly interrupting about silly stuff.
Again..if I sat by my radio all day that would be fine, but many times I tune in for sole purpose of hearing the sports report.

Actually stuff like that is the reason, 20/20 sports and reds games are the only times I listen to WLW.

dunn4life
03-22-2008, 09:34 PM
I swore that they were saying on Willie`s show that Collinsworth was going to join he and Seg for the stuge report and was in talks to do extra innings.

goreds2
03-27-2008, 06:37 AM
Yesterday on the Eddie and Tracy show, Mr. Jones announced he will host Extra Innings after Monday's Opening Day Game. :beerme:

OUReds
03-27-2008, 03:03 PM
wait wait wait wait

I stopped listening to wlw after I moved back to Athens.

Am I to understand they gave Gary Burbank's daytime slot to TRACY JONES?!

:eek:

gedred69
03-27-2008, 07:19 PM
wait wait wait wait

I stopped listening to wlw after I moved back to Athens.

Am I to understand they gave Gary Burbank's daytime slot to TRACY JONES?!

:eek:

Burbank took his fortune and retired. It's now Jones and ex-WEBN Dawn Patroller Eddie Fingers. Bombastic yes, but they can be hilarious, I have to admit.

yab1112
03-27-2008, 08:53 PM
what about C Trent? I think ive only heard him on the radio once, but he seems like a guy who would actually talk about baseball. has anyone heard enough of him to know if hed be good?

redsfan1966
03-27-2008, 10:18 PM
C Trent is actually a very good pick...he would just need to learn to calm down a little and not sound so anxious to impress...I would listen to him over Tracy...

yab1112
03-28-2008, 04:47 PM
I would listen to him over Tracy...

I would listen to William Hung over Tracy:D