PDA

View Full Version : Manny Ramírez for Roy Oswalt??

Krawhitham
03-19-2008, 09:56 AM
I have Manny and have been offered Oswalt for him

I this a good trade?

Benihana
03-19-2008, 10:07 AM
I have Manny and have been offered Oswalt for him

I this a good trade?

It depends on the strengths and weaknesses of your team, but value-wise I would say no. And I don't love Manny.

Krawhitham
03-19-2008, 10:12 AM
This is my 1st fantasy team

it is a DH league

here is my team

starters
J.R. Towles (Hou - C)
Derrek Lee (ChC - 1B)
Brandon Phillips (Cin - 2B)
David Wright (NYM - 3B)
Michael Young (Tex - SS)
Manny Ramírez (Bos - LF)
Aaron Rowand (SF - CF)
Vladimir Guerrero (LAA - RF)
Adam Dunn (Cin - DH)

bench
Jim Thome (CWS - Util)
Jay Bruce (Cin - CF)
Kenji Johjima (Sea - C)
Chris Young (Ari - CF)

Javier Vázquez (CWS - SP)
Brad Penny (LAD - SP)
A.J. Burnett (Tor - SP)
Jeff Francis (Col - SP)
Jered Weaver (LAA - SP)
Bronson Arroyo (Cin - SP)
José Valverde (Hou - RP)
Bobby Jenks (CWS - RP)
Joba Chamberlain (NYY - RP)
Scot Shields (LAA - RP)
Brian Wilson (SF - RP)
Chad Qualls (Ari - RP)

Benihana
03-19-2008, 10:23 AM
Well then in your case, I would actually consider the deal. Your pitching is VERY weak, and you have Chris Young on the bench to take Manny's place. I would aim a little higher than Oswalt- ask for maybe a Bedard, Sabathia, or Brandon Webb. If you can't get any better, I would actually still consider this deal.

I would also try offering Chris Young instead of Manny for Oswalt. That seems like more of a fair value trade.

REDblooded
03-19-2008, 10:43 AM
i'd pass.

IowaRed
03-19-2008, 10:55 AM
I do the deal, move Dunn to LF and Young to DH.

Benihana
03-19-2008, 11:21 AM
I do the deal, move Dunn to LF and Young to DH.

C'mon, Young is so much better than Dunn defensively. And that matters in fantasy ;)

REDblooded
03-19-2008, 11:35 AM
Oswalt isn't what he used to be..... not even close. Your pitching isn't THAT bad....

You can still move Manny, just do it for a better arm.

IowaRed
03-19-2008, 02:18 PM
Oswalt isn't what he used to be..... not even close. Your pitching isn't THAT bad....

You can still move Manny, just do it for a better arm.

You aren't saying Manny IS what he used to be are you?

REDblooded
03-19-2008, 02:21 PM

Nope. But I'll take an aging hitter on a good team over an aging pitcher in a hitters park with a consistently declining k/9.

is that a better answer?

IowaRed
03-19-2008, 03:26 PM
Nope. But I'll take an aging hitter on a good team over an aging pitcher in a hitters park with a consistently declining k/9.

is that a better answer?

understood, I seriously doubt Manny fetches a better SP than Oswalt

REDblooded
03-19-2008, 03:57 PM
Judging from ADP on ESPN.com, you're pretty close to correct...

It looks like on average though you could get Haren, or Harang. Just depends on need/like.

I'd also rather have a DiceK than an Oswalt. just more upside, and a better team.

Buckeye33
03-19-2008, 04:27 PM

Of course Manny isn't what he was 4 years ago, but this is a contract year for Manny. I look for him to have a really really nice year. Manny is very money driven and will need to have a really good year to cash in this offseason.

This is of course assuming he stays healthy, but I see a year similar or slightly better year than his '06 season. .315-35-110 with 90 runs.

That is worth more than an aging Oswalt. I agree with RED, I'd shoot for Harang or Haren.

IowaRed
03-20-2008, 08:50 AM
There is no doubt that I would shoot for Haren or Harang too but unless you were dealing with a Red Sox fan or somebody desperate for OF power I don't see that happening. Although because of playing in Cincinnati and being fairly anonymous, Harang is a possibility. An aging Manny for an aging Oswalt seems just about right to me.