PDA

View Full Version : Christian Fredrick good choice for #7 pick?

redhawk61
03-19-2008, 08:58 PM
Friedrich went seven innings on Friday against Illinois, giving up one run on two hits. He also struck a season-high 12 batters.

On the season, Friedrich is now 1-1 with a 2.19 ERA. He has struck out 37 batters in only 24.2 innings of work, and needs only nine more strikeouts to become the school’s all-time career leader. Friedrich has also posted a miniscule .151 opponent batting average.

As a college lefty he could help us out very soon

Superdude
03-19-2008, 10:39 PM
Christian Friedrich Friedrich has been carving up batters since he stepped on Eastern Kentucky’s campus, posting a 10-2 record and a 1.98 ERA during his freshman year. Overall, including his summer performances, he has gone 21-7 with a 2.05 ERA, striking out 307 batters and allowing only 153 hits in over 232 innings of work. He could stand to lower his walk totals (89), but given his dominance that seems like a minor detail. While his curveball is his best pitch, a true downer that disappears from the batter’s eye, he success is predicated from how well he spots his 88-92 fastball that has touched 94 in the past. He also throws a changeup, and has a very smooth delivery and arm action that makes it look as though he’s playing catch. He’s a candidate to soar through the minor leagues upon beginning his professional career.

That's what his page says on brewerfan.net. Sounds like one of the more polished players available if Wayne decides to go that route.

redhawk61
03-19-2008, 10:41 PM
I love the sound of the curve. its the big thing that makes Bedard so succesful. A big breaker from a lefty is one of the hardest pitched to hit IMO. I also love the sound of the control and the ease in his delivery. Will step right in and be one of our top 5 prospects.

So I have now down to first hope Tim Beckman is there at 7 for our dire need at a true SS. If not Fredrick is my top choice.