PDA

View Full Version : FYI Free DirecTV MLB EI & Superfan preview 3/31-4/6

Jpup
03-20-2008, 03:52 AM
Per Inside DirecTV online newsletter:

Batter Up—FREE Preview
See MLB EXTRA INNINGS® and MLB EXTRA INNINGS® SuperFan® for FREE from 3/31 to 4/6. Up to 80 games per week! And with SuperFan, see games in HD. Order by 4/6 and SAVE.

I already signed up, but this will help out those of you without that opportunity.

macro
03-20-2008, 12:31 PM
Jpup, would you be so kind as to bump this back up, on or around March 30? Thanks!

Red in Chicago
03-21-2008, 12:05 PM
I've had DirecTV for several years now. Each year, I get the MLB package. This year, I finally decided to buy an HDTV. I'm confused now regarding Superfan? Do I really have to order the Superfan package to be able to watch the Reds in HD, even though I will have an HDTV and HD Satellite dish? As you can tell, I'm not very tech savvy, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Jpup
03-21-2008, 01:55 PM
I've had DirecTV for several years now. Each year, I get the MLB package. This year, I finally decided to buy an HDTV. I'm confused now regarding Superfan? Do I really have to order the Superfan package to be able to watch the Reds in HD, even though I will have an HDTV and HD Satellite dish? As you can tell, I'm not very tech savvy, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

No. You don't have to have superfan to get FSN Cincinnati in HD if you are in the local area. You will have to pay the 9.99 HD access fee. Since I see you live in Chicago, you will have to get Superfan if you want to watch the Reds in HD. You can not get FSN Cin HD because you are outside of the home territory. Even with that, I suspect only select games will be available to you in HD, but he we can't be sure since the EI schedule hasn't come out yet.

Jpup
03-27-2008, 03:01 PM
http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPageIF.jsp?assetId=1800011&page=Packages/MLBExtraInnings/2008_3.htm

The first weeks schedule from DTV is available. It looks like about 80% of the games will be offered in HD. Of course, no Reds games in HD the first week. I also noticed that the Friday schedule looks incomplete. I can't believe they are just showing 1 game on Friday.

fearofpopvol1
03-27-2008, 11:36 PM
I wonder if Comcast and TW will be offering this as well. They did last year. Hmm...

RBA
03-28-2008, 12:32 AM
Looks like Directv will be giving us dual feeds of MLB games. Which means if the game is broadcast by both teams we will get both feeds. So you most likely get a choice. This is regular Standard Definition. I think they are still up in the air what they will be doing with the HD broadcast this year.

Example. My Directv guide list the DBacks @ Reds twice for Monday's game. On channel 726 and Channel 727.

remdog
03-28-2008, 01:10 AM
I wonder if Comcast and TW will be offering this as well. They did last year. Hmm...

Looking at the stuffer in my bill from TW they are offering the free trial from 3/31 through 4/6. (I think that's what you were referring to.) The channels are 755 through 768. Not sure if it's in HD.

Rem

fearofpopvol1
03-28-2008, 01:05 PM
That's good news. I hope Comcast does the same.

reds44
03-29-2008, 06:32 PM
Jpup, would you be so kind as to bump this back up, on or around March 30? Thanks!
:thumbup:

red-in-la
03-29-2008, 06:46 PM
Looks like Directv will be giving us dual feeds of MLB games. Which means if the game is broadcast by both teams we will get both feeds. So you most likely get a choice. This is regular Standard Definition. I think they are still up in the air what they will be doing with the HD broadcast this year.

Example. My Directv guide list the DBacks @ Reds twice for Monday's game. On channel 726 and Channel 727.

I was told that one of the feeds is the HD broadcast. If the home team broadcast is used (which it almost always is) and it is broadcast in HD, that broadcast will be available for Superfan subscribers.

It was also clear to me that I knew more about my DirecTV system than the DirecTV person I was talking to.

I took it to mean that we will just have to wait and see. Amazing how this whole HD thing reminds me of the period when color TV was becoming available.

*BaseClogger*
03-30-2008, 12:29 AM
I can't wait to cut out of school early to watch this free preview on Opening Day!!! :D