PDA

View Full Version : Has South Park Jumped the Shark?

WVRed
03-20-2008, 08:17 AM
Is anybody else disappointed with the new season? Last night's episode was about Britney Spears, yet it's central plot was "she had to die so harvest would be good". The premier when Cartman had AIDS was pretty predictable as well?

Anyone else think the show has lost its edge?

Ltlabner
03-20-2008, 08:20 AM
Yes. South Park has jumped the shark starting roughly at episode 1.

Sorry, never been a fan of "adult cartoons" (with the exception of The Simpsons, and even that was short lived).

*BaseClogger*
03-20-2008, 10:12 AM
I've been dissapointed, but I'll be a little more patient because recent seasons have been excellent. Unlike The Simpsons, South Park has gotten better in time IMO...

Reds Fanatic
03-20-2008, 10:23 AM
These first 2 episodes have been pretty weak this year but I won't give up yet. Just last year Trey and Matt had the great "Imaginationland" episodes so I still have hope the show will get better.

LoganBuck
03-20-2008, 04:15 PM
I did not laugh last night or the previous week. None of the content, topic, or way they approached the topic were funny.

KronoRed
03-20-2008, 04:19 PM
This show is still on?

Caveat Emperor
03-20-2008, 04:21 PM
I did not laugh last night or the previous week. None of the content, topic, or way they approached the topic were funny.

Last night was the first time in a LONG while I haven't found something funny about a South Park episode.

I'm not going to say it jumped the shark -- but I'll definitely say that they had a giant swing-and-a-miss if they thought anything about last night was the least bit funny.

Oxilon
03-20-2008, 04:55 PM
I dunno, I thought they're were some really funny parts in lasts nights episode. South Park has always been about about attacking what's current in the news and I definitely thought a Britney Spears episode was in order. It may not have been as funny as it could have been, but they addressed the topic in a witty way. The Children of the Corn ending was pretty solid too.

redsfanmia
03-20-2008, 08:09 PM
This show is still on?

I would honestly say that this show, while putting out a few clunkers, has gotten better with age. If you have stopped watching it the last few years you have missed some really good episodes.

GoReds33
03-20-2008, 08:13 PM
South Park will never lose it's luster with me. It's put some great episodes on in recent years. My all time favorite was the one about Michael Jackson. That was absolutly hilarious. I just don't find time to watch it much anymore, because I'm starting to watch Family Guy more. That pretty much covers me for the animated comedy shows.

*BaseClogger*
03-20-2008, 09:17 PM
South Park will never lose it's luster with me. It's put some great episodes on in recent years. My all time favorite was the one about Michael Jackson. That was absolutly hilarious. I just don't find time to watch it much anymore, because I'm starting to watch Family Guy more. That pretty much covers me for the animated comedy shows.

I can't believe it when people watch both of these shows. Have you seen the Cartoon Wars episode? I hate Family Guy...

BTW--the best episodes of all time are Rainforest Schmainforest, Scott Tenorman Must Die, and AWESOMO...

GoReds33
03-20-2008, 09:20 PM
I can't believe it when people watch both of these shows. Have you seen the Cartoon Wars episode? I hate Family Guy...

BTW--the best episodes of all time are Rainforest Schmainforest, Scott Tenorman Must Die, and AWESOMO...How can you hate Family Guy??? I've had times where I've almost died laughing watching that. I love that they always make fun of Adam West though.

No I havn't seen cartoon wars. I'll have to watch it the next time it's on.

*BaseClogger*
03-20-2008, 09:23 PM
How can you hate Family Guy??? I've had times where I've almost died laughing watching that. I love that they always make fun of Adam West though.

No I havn't seen cartoon wars. I'll have to watch it the next time it's on.

be careful--Cartoon Wars is all about how much Trey Parker and Matt Stone hate Family Guy.

The reason I hate Family Guy--after watching probably 15 episodes, I can't remember what the storyline or theme was to a single episode. It can be funny at times, but usually it is just a series of random and stupid events. At least South Park feels like it has a point...

GoReds33
03-20-2008, 09:26 PM
be careful--Cartoon Wars is all about how much Trey Parker and Matt Stone hate Family Guy.

The reason I hate Family Guy--after watching probably 15 episodes, I can't remember what the storyline or theme was to a single episode. It can be funny at times, but usually it is just a series of random and stupid events. At least South Park feels like it has a point...I see what you're saying. It seems like they start with a topic, mix in random humor, and finish with the original topic. Sometimes I wonder how they ever come up with some of the scenes though.

I would be a huge South Park fan, but the animating is pretty bad, and it is a bit inconsistant on the humor side. Some episodes are the funniest thing ever, and some are just stupid.

*BaseClogger*
03-20-2008, 09:38 PM
I see what you're saying. It seems like they start with a topic, mix in random humor, and finish with the original topic. Sometimes I wonder how they ever come up with some of the scenes though.

I would be a huge South Park fan, but the animating is pretty bad, and it is a bit inconsistant on the humor side. Some episodes are the funniest thing ever, and some are just stupid.

You really can't go wrong with any episodes in seasons 8 through 10--especially if you like the political humor--I have them all on DVD. The animation doesn't really bother me...

pahster
03-20-2008, 10:18 PM
As I recall from an interview, Stone and Parker like Family Guy. What they don't like is being compared to it.

guttle11
03-20-2008, 11:23 PM
South Park jumped the shark a long time ago for me. The early years were great, but the last few seasons they just started attacking anything and everything, not for any real reason, just because they could. That gets old fast. After a while you just have to roll your eyes at the internet smarkyness of it all, to use a wrestling fan term.

If I had to pinpoint the start of the decline, it would probably be the episode where Chef died.

Razor Shines
03-20-2008, 11:25 PM
I can't believe you guys didn't like the first episode of the season. Last night's was kinda ho-hum, but that's ok they can have one every now and then. I certainly don't think that this show has jumped the shark.

Are you guys sure you didn't like the first episode? I'm not just sure, I'm HIV positive that I liked that episode.

pahster
03-20-2008, 11:29 PM
I can't believe you guys didn't like the first episode of the season. Last night's was kinda ho-hum, but that's ok they can have one every now and then. I certainly don't think that this show has jumped the shark.

Are you guys sure you didn't like the first episode? I'm not just sure, I'm HIV positive that I liked that episode.

I liked the season premiere just fine. :)

WMR
03-20-2008, 11:31 PM
Yeah I thought the first one was funny. I couldn't stop laughing when they were getting ready to announce that Cartman had HIV. The ultimate karmic payback.

WMR
03-20-2008, 11:31 PM
I think they were also spoofing "The Wicker Man" last night.

(The original Wicker Man was great. The remake sucked.)

Razor Shines
03-20-2008, 11:33 PM
I think they were also spoofing "The Wicker Man" last night.

(The original Wicker Man was great. The remake sucked.)

I've only seen the remake, and it did suck and I didn't finish watching it.

WMR
03-20-2008, 11:35 PM
Oh wow, Razor, you really owe it to yourself to hunt down a copy of the original.

AWESOME, AWESOME movie.

WMR
03-20-2008, 11:36 PM
Razor, check this out: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1023637-wicker_man/

Razor Shines
03-20-2008, 11:39 PM
Oh wow, Razor, you really owe it to yourself to hunt down a copy of the original.

AWESOME, AWESOME movie.

Well since you threw two awesomes in there I'll see if I can find one tomorrow night and make the wife watch it with me. And in her current state (pregnant) that's about all we do on weekends any more, and we've kinda been running low on good movies to watch. So thanks for the tip.

Cedric
03-21-2008, 12:28 AM
I never have gotten to the point where I watch any show every week. This is the only show where I tried though. Love the whole approach that Matt and Trey take to everything they do.

WVRed
03-21-2008, 01:35 AM
The season premiere was just too predictable. Cartman gets AIDS, Kyle makes fun of him, Cartman dresses up like Tom Hanks in Philadelphia, injects Kyle with his blood. Fight ensues, they team up to find a cure, and Kyle is still mad. Nothing new.

The Britney episode had the chance to be great, and while a lot of the plot made sense except for the Wicker Man, it really didn't live up.

BTW, I think the Imaginationland series was officially the plateau. If another South Park tops that from now on, I will be surprised.

*BaseClogger*
03-21-2008, 03:56 AM
As I recall from an interview, Stone and Parker like Family Guy. What they don't like is being compared to it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Family_Guy

When South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone were questioned about the meanest thing ever said to them, Stone replied "When people say to me, 'God, you guys have one of the best shows on television. You and Family Guy.' That ****ing hurts so bad", to which Parker agreed: "Very well said. It's such a kick in the balls."

In the DVD commentary, Parker and Stone state for the record their opinions on Family Guy. They say that although they respect the show for its fans and making people laugh, and having some smart humor, they ultimately hate the show itself and have absolutely no respect for it writing-wise, namely for its overuse on "gag-humor." They compare the show's reputation among other animated shows to the way serious musicians feel about Justin Timberlake.

pahster
03-21-2008, 10:40 AM
Ah, ok. My recollection was off.

As an aside, I find their Justin Timberlake comparison to be a bit strange. I'm a musician and I know several others who are much more serious about it than I and none of us lack respect for him. I (and many of those I know) don't enjoy his music, but that doesn't detract from his skill.

*BaseClogger*
03-21-2008, 01:37 PM
Ah, ok. My recollection was off.

As an aside, I find their Justin Timberlake comparison to be a bit strange. I'm a musician and I know several others who are much more serious about it than I and none of us lack respect for him. I (and many of those I know) don't enjoy his music, but that doesn't detract from his skill.

Perhaps Trey Parker and Matt Stone aren't musicians and just chose the most "pop" guy they could think of? :dunno:

MrCinatit
03-21-2008, 03:32 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Family_Guy

I gotta say, I think Matt and Trey are onto Family Guy. It has to be one of the easiest shows to write.
Not to get off subject, but I think one of the worst things to happen to Family Guy was for it to come back.
After it had been canceled and people started watching the DVDs, Family Guy had a Star Trekesque mystic to it.
And when it first did come back, we (yes we) were still excited and caught in the fever.
But, as time has gone by, the show has lost a lot of mystic to many of us, and the addition of its ugly brother American Dad has only taken off more of that gloss. Yet, I still watch it. Hm.

As for South Park, it is only the first two episodes of the season. There have been countless slow periods and time when it has been said the show has jumped the shark - yet it has always rebounded.

Now, Reno 911 - there is a show that has literally jumped the shark at least three times this year. Or, at least, tried.

pahster
03-21-2008, 03:38 PM
Perhaps Trey Parker and Matt Stone aren't musicians and just chose the most "pop" guy they could think of? :dunno:

They actually are musicians. I believe their band is called DVDA. I wouldn't google them unless you're at home. :p:

pahster
03-21-2008, 03:40 PM
I gotta say, I think Matt and Trey are onto Family Guy. It has to be one of the easiest shows to write.
Not to get off subject, but I think one of the worst things to happen to Family Guy was for it to come back.
After it had been canceled and people started watching the DVDs, Family Guy had a Star Trekesque mystic to it.
And when it first did come back, we (yes we) were still excited and caught in the fever.
But, as time has gone by, the show has lost a lot of mystic to many of us, and the addition of its ugly brother American Dad has only taken off more of that gloss. Yet, I still watch it. Hm.

As for South Park, it is only the first two episodes of the season. There have been countless slow periods and time when it has been said the show has jumped the shark - yet it has always rebounded.

Now, Reno 911 - there is a show that has literally jumped the shark at least three times this year. Or, at least, tried.

Family Guy went through a half season long dead period, but it's gotten better since then.

I'm not into American Dad. I like Patrick Stewart's guest appearances, but there's really only been one time the show has made me laugh (the scene in which Stan is trying to find a parking spot at the mall from last season or the season before). I don't watch it anymore.

GoReds33
03-21-2008, 03:50 PM
I wouldn't say that Family guy is easy to write. It's gotta be very difficult to write these shows. We all saw how bad tv got when the writers went on strike. I think it's gotta be hard to write because they fit so many refrences to other shows into the storyline.

TeamSelig
03-21-2008, 04:32 PM
Family Guy is easily the best adult cartoon out there IMO. Can't see how anyone can hate it.

LoganBuck
03-21-2008, 05:00 PM
My all time favorite Family Guy scene is the syrup of ipecac contest. I can not stop laughing when I see that.

Stephenk29
03-21-2008, 05:21 PM
Although Family Guy as some good episodes and moments, it has to be one of the most overrated shows out there right now. I do like it, but some people make it out to be king of tv.

GoReds33
03-21-2008, 05:23 PM
Although Family Guy as some good episodes and moments, it has to be one of the most overrated shows out there right now. I do like it, but some people make it out to be king of tv.If I may ask, what is it that you don't like about Family Guy?

Caveat Emperor
03-21-2008, 08:40 PM
Family Guy is easily the best adult cartoon out there IMO. Can't see how anyone can hate it.

It's funny, but I'd say a solid 50% of the laughs come from silly nostalgia from the 80s as opposed to anything Family Guy does. Props to them -- they're all giant pop-culture nerds and it gives them a literally endless source of things to make fun of.

And, if you don't think it takes talent to lampoon that kinda stuff, just look at the number of awful "parody" movies that come out on a yearly basis.

WMR
03-21-2008, 10:33 PM
What, you're not already standing in line to go see "Superhero Movie"?? :rolleyes:

Stephenk29
03-21-2008, 10:35 PM
The random and dragged out scenes are rather frustrating. They make me want to throw the remote at the tv sometimes.

WMR
03-21-2008, 10:37 PM
Yeah, when they do something just to screw with the viewer... I just find that lame, not funny or creative in the least.

WMR
03-21-2008, 10:38 PM
I don't think the general humor/sophistication level of Family Guy is anywhere close to South Park.

MrCinatit
03-22-2008, 03:40 AM
Yeah, when they do something just to screw with the viewer... I just find that lame, not funny or creative in the least.

It was actually very funny at the start. There was a scene where Peter hits his knee and rolls on the ground saying "ooh...aah" for a couple of minutes. At the time, it was fresh, it was funny.
Now, a prolonged fight with a giant chicken suddenly doesn't seem so interesting.

WMR
03-22-2008, 03:41 AM
It was actually very funny at the start. There was a scene where Peter hits his knee and rolls on the ground saying "ooh...aah" for a couple of minutes. At the time, it was fresh, it was funny.
Now, a prolonged fight with a giant chicken suddenly doesn't seem so interesting.

Okay, that I can see. Doing it once, sort of like an Andy Kaufman bit is fine and dandy.

Doing it every few episodes is stupid.

Yeah, the 7 minute chicken fight is just really, really lame.

Patrick Bateman
03-22-2008, 04:12 AM
Family guy used to be quite good... back when they were creative and came up with new jokes. Like when they brought in black weatherman Ollie Williams (It's gonna rain!), that was funny and unexpected. Bringing that charcter back like 8 times makes each one progressively less funny, and ruins the character in the first place. Do the joke once and it's funny.... but not every freaking episode. The old man pedophile is a terrible character, and the greased up deaf guy shouldn't be a regular. Come up with some new jokes... that's why the show was brought back. If we wanted to watch those characters we could pop in the Season 1 DVD's.

redsfan1966
03-23-2008, 10:42 PM
I love both Family Guy and South Park....I have not seen the Britney episode yet--but found the "Cartman gets AIDS" episode hilarious (I am HIV positive it was funny!)...I know I am opening myself up to criticism, but I have never really enjoyed "The Simpsons"...dont hate it; but just dont get how it has lasted so long...

bengalsown
03-24-2008, 04:35 AM
just dont get how it has lasted so long...

I'd imagine most everybody wonders that...

kaldaniels
03-24-2008, 10:18 AM

Regarding the Britney episode while I would say the entire episode was average at best (headless Britney was quite annoying)...I thought the foreshadowing with what is to come with Hannah Montana was spot on...a great ending.

*BaseClogger*
03-24-2008, 05:40 PM
Regarding the Britney episode while I would say the entire episode was average at best (headless Britney was quite annoying)...I thought the foreshadowing with what is to come with Hannah Montana was spot on...a great ending.

Yeah, I just saw it too and it wasn't very good. The only times I laughed were when Butters was dressed up like a squirrel (they could just show Butters for 20 minutes and I would laugh) and the ending with Hannah Montana...

redsfanmia
03-24-2008, 08:19 PM
Yeah, I just saw it too and it wasn't very good. The only times I laughed were when Butters was dressed up like a squirrel (they could just show Butters for 20 minutes and I would laugh) and the ending with Hannah Montana...

Im a fan of Leopold myself

HumnHilghtFreel
03-24-2008, 08:23 PM
Im a fan of Leopold myself

Oh, Hamburgers!

WVRed
03-25-2008, 04:35 PM
This weeks episode looks somewhat decent. It is supposed to pay tribute to the movie "Heavy Metal". Kenny starts skipping school and becomes addicted to a new drug.

WMR
03-25-2008, 05:18 PM
Yeah, you know, I think Butters may have become my favorite character as well. He cracks me up. I watched the episode the other night on demand where he fakes his death to steal the "device" from the girls... FUNNY episode. He comes back and his parents think he came back from the dead and bring him a woman who they hit on the head with a shovel so he "can feed." :laugh:

Caveat Emperor
03-25-2008, 10:15 PM
Yeah, you know, I think Butters may have become my favorite character as well. He cracks me up. I watched the episode the other night on demand where he fakes his death to steal the "device" from the girls... FUNNY episode. He comes back and his parents think he came back from the dead and bring him a woman who they hit on the head with a shovel so he "can feed." :laugh:

The episode where he follows his dad and catches him at a gay men's bath house might be the funniest half hour of television I've ever seen.

LoganBuck
03-25-2008, 10:44 PM
The episode where he follows his dad and catches him at a gay men's bath house might be the funniest half hour of television I've ever seen.

The tap dancing "You got served" episode is also right up there. Also the episode where he is Professor Chaos and gets hit in the eye by the throwing star is classic.

*BaseClogger*
03-25-2008, 10:59 PM
The tap dancing "You got served" episode is also right up there. Also the episode where he is Professor Chaos and gets hit in the eye by the throwing star is classic.

"Good Times With Weapons"

don't forget "AWESOMO" where Cartman is Butters' robot companion...

Hap
03-25-2008, 11:42 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v82/ammant/Cartoons/611_img_04.jpg

<masked profanity> you Mongolians!!!!!!!!!!

WVRed
03-26-2008, 10:54 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v82/ammant/Cartoons/611_img_04.jpg

<masked profanity> you Mongolians!!!!!!!!!!

You tear down my city wall for the last time!!!!!

HumnHilghtFreel
03-26-2008, 11:41 PM
I thought tonight's episode was pretty funny. Definitely better than last week

*BaseClogger*
03-26-2008, 11:43 PM
I thought tonight's episode was pretty funny. Definitely better than last week

Wow, I forgot again. Luckily, every episode goes to comedycentral.com now :)

WMR
03-26-2008, 11:46 PM
The Schindler's List story with Cartman was priceless.

LoganBuck
03-27-2008, 12:29 AM
The Schindler's List story with Cartman was priceless.

I was rolling about this. They definitely hit the mark.

"Here Kitty, you can keep a diary or something."

Will M
03-27-2008, 12:39 AM
Well since you threw two awesomes in there I'll see if I can find one tomorrow night and make the wife watch it with me. And in her current state (pregnant) that's about all we do on weekends any more, and we've kinda been running low on good movies to watch. So thanks for the tip.

The ORIGINAL Wicker Man is a great great movie.

Will M
03-27-2008, 12:42 AM

Trey definitely is a musician. he writes all the songs ( music and lyrics ) for the show and their movies. If he wasn't doing South Park he would be writing jingles for a living.

Caveat Emperor
03-27-2008, 01:36 PM
Trey definitely is a musician. he writes all the songs ( music and lyrics ) for the show and their movies. If he wasn't doing South Park he would be writing jingles for a living.

I've often thought he might be writing comedies on Broadway. In fact, I'd pay good money to see a Matt Stone and Trey Parker produced Broadway show.

MrCinatit
03-27-2008, 03:19 PM
Last night's episodes is one of those which will be loved by those who have seen Heavy Metal and perhaps not so much by those who have not seen the flick.
However, I think the episode proves South Park is nowhere near the ocean, let alone that pesky shark.

WVRed
03-27-2008, 04:07 PM
I have never seen Heavy Metal but am now planning on renting it.

I loved how Cartman saw no parralel to the cats being similar to the Jews.

Razor Shines
03-27-2008, 11:12 PM
"They call it vitamin cheese, or Mary Jane piss in your face fun time." :laugh:
Yeah I'm not worried about South Park getting lame.

cincinnati chili
03-28-2008, 03:00 AM
I just saw the Heavy Metal/Schindler's List episode and loved it.

Did you all notice the expression on Sheila's face when Gerald gave his apology?

It was the spitting image of Mrs. Eliot Spitzer. I know the show is juvenile, but attention to detail like this will always keep it fresh for me.

WVRed
03-28-2008, 11:16 AM
I just saw the Heavy Metal/Schindler's List episode and loved it.

Did you all notice the expression on Sheila's face when Gerald gave his apology?

It was the spitting image of Mrs. Eliot Spitzer. I know the show is juvenile, but attention to detail like this will always keep it fresh for me.

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20080310/i/r3358663835.jpg

I wish I could find a picture of Mrs. Broflovski looking similar.

cincinnati chili
03-29-2008, 06:20 PM
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20080310/i/r3358663835.jpg

I wish I could find a picture of Mrs. Broflovski looking similar.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/includes/utils/proxy_resizer.php?image=/images/shows/southpark/vertical_video/season_12/sp_1203_16.jpg&width=480&quality=85

and here's a link to the clip of Gerald: http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/164988/

and the clip of the Spitzers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhWVkn4wYdA&feature=related

Tony Cloninger
04-09-2008, 04:21 PM
Butter should get a spin off show...."That's me, I'm Butters."

Casa Bonita........Butters own special episode......The one where cartman pretends to be butters on the phone with his father ...and curses him out, and poor butters get's it.

WMR
04-09-2008, 04:42 PM
I thought the one last week dealing with the writer's strike was pure brilliance.

Joseph
04-09-2008, 04:58 PM
I missed that one last week. Is tonight still new?

WMR
04-09-2008, 05:02 PM
I think it's supposed to be.

You should definitely find that show from last week and DL it. Hilarious.

HumnHilghtFreel
04-10-2008, 01:28 AM
All I can say about this new episode is... wow. Just wow

Razor Shines
04-10-2008, 02:27 AM
We can probably change the title of this thread to "South Park Hasn't Jumped the Shark" or just "The South Park Thread".

*BaseClogger*
10-08-2008, 09:46 PM
New episode tonight @ 10:00...

*BaseClogger*
10-08-2008, 11:27 PM
Pretty weak effort IMO. Trey and Matt raped that episode if you ask me...

Stephenk29
10-08-2008, 11:30 PM

no pun intended huh

WVRed
10-08-2008, 11:35 PM

I agree. I had to turn the channel during some of the "rape" scenes.

This isn't the first time Trey and Matt have went after Lucas and Spielberg. The first time was for the Raiders of the Lost Ark remake. The only thing saving the episode was Cartman and Butters holding up a PF Chiang's trying to get the secret to Chinese aggression.

*BaseClogger*
10-09-2008, 12:43 AM
Does it bother anyone else how much Cartman's voice has changed over the years?

GoReds33
10-09-2008, 09:16 PM
I'm rewatching the episode on Southparkstudios.com. It's a horrible episode. I agree that the P.F. Chang's being hilarious. Just starting the offensive against China at a P.F. Changs's was funny.

Caveat Emperor
10-09-2008, 10:01 PM
The P.F. Changs stuff was Office-esque cringe humor -- I thought it was funny, but ultimately really didn't have any payoff to it.

The "Indy" stuff, on the other hand, was just unwatchable and tasteless.

*BaseClogger*
10-09-2008, 10:41 PM
I hated the new Indiana Jones movie so I thought that part was funny at first, but they took it way too far. Was that a parody of the Kite Runner?

WVRed
10-09-2008, 11:44 PM
I hated the new Indiana Jones movie so I thought that part was funny at first, but they took it way too far. Was that a parody of the Kite Runner?

Yes.

Somebody needed to tell Trey and Matt that rape is not funny, any way you dice it.

Ravenlord
10-09-2008, 11:57 PM
Yes.

Somebody needed to tell Trey and Matt that rape is not funny, any way you dice it.

[content removed]

FlightRick
10-10-2008, 05:20 AM
The "Indy" stuff, on the other hand, was just unwatchable and tasteless.

So you didn't subject yourself to "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull," obviously.

Eh, I keed. I'd still stop far short of "unwatchable" and opine that "tasteless" is kind of South Park's MO, but I'd be more than happy to agree that for a season premiere, that was kinda weak... just sort of two passable b-plots crammed together without any a-story to carry the show.

Then again: 22 minutes wound up feeling like a fair price to pay for the episode's 5-second punchline: there's something very hilarious and satisfying about the unprincipled, abhorant wiener-shooter whose behavior was so appalling it scared Cartman straight being the only one on the whole show who saw nothing wrong with the new Indiana Jones.

Rick

WVRed
10-10-2008, 09:44 AM
Next weeks episode: The First Bank of Cartman. A bank goes under and Cartman buys it and turns it around. He is labeled an economic genius.

kaldaniels
10-10-2008, 11:40 AM
Next weeks episode: The First Bank of Cartman. A bank goes under and Cartman buys it and turns it around. He is labeled an economic genius.

Amazing how fast these guys can crank out episodes. I am eagerly awaiting a skewering of this election cycle as well.

Mario-Rijo
10-10-2008, 12:35 PM
I like both shows some but more than that I just get a kick out of certain characters. Too me you cannot get much funnier than Butters and Cartman and their dialogue between each other. A close 2nd is Stewie and Brian. But just solo Stewie takes the cake slightly over Butters and Cartman who come in pretty close.

Other South Park characters I like are Randy, Mr./Mrs. Garrison, Kenny, Timmy, Jimmy, Bebe, Ned, Big Gay Al, Kenny's mom, Butters dad, Ike, Filmore (was the kid Ike ran against for class president) and of course at one point Chef. Also like Terrence & Phillip and anyone canadian.

Ones I cannot stand are Tweek, Pip & not a real big fan of Mr. Hankey or Towelie much. Everyone else is somewhere in the middle.

Favorite Episodes: The Detective agency, the List, Guitar Hero, Dog the Bounty Hunter, Marjorine, Krazy Kripples, Good times with weapons, Raisins, Goobacks, NAMBLA.

Rojo
10-10-2008, 01:31 PM
South Park's never been funny.

BuckeyeRed27
10-10-2008, 01:55 PM

Incorrect.

*BaseClogger*
10-10-2008, 02:37 PM

And the Cubs are going to win the World Series... :rolleyes:

Razor Shines
10-10-2008, 05:55 PM
It wasn't their best work but I still enjoyed the episode. Like Mario-Rijo, I don't think it gets much better than Cartman and Butters going back and forth.

As far as the "Indy" rape stuff, sure it was crass, tasteless and probably wrong. But they've always been about making jokes about things that other comedy shows won't touch. The "World Wide Recorder Concert" immediately comes to mind. They've done this stuff before, they'll do it again and if it bothers you you should probably just take the show off of your DVR's "record new" list. Just MO.

*BaseClogger*
10-10-2008, 06:08 PM
It wasn't their best work but I still enjoyed the episode. Like Mario-Rijo, I don't think it gets much better than Cartman and Butters going back and forth.

As far as the "Indy" rape stuff, sure it was crass, tasteless and probably wrong. But they've always been about making jokes about things that other comedy shows won't touch. The "World Wide Recorder Concert" immediately comes to mind. They've done this stuff before, they'll do it again and if it bothers you you should probably just take the show off of your DVR's "record new" list. Just MO.

It wasn't so much that the joke went too far, but I think Trey and Matt started to beat a dead horse; it wasn't funny after the first or second scene. I just didn't think there was a whole lot of original content in the episode. They always say their episodes turn out better when they focus on one plot instead of two ideas, and this one suffered from a lack of focus on a central topic IMO...

guttle11
10-10-2008, 06:12 PM
I thought that episode was pure garbage. It wasn't the offensivesness of the rape angle that got me...just that it was horribly unfunny and not at all creative. Who hasn't said that Lucas and Speilberg ruin things? How many times is Cartman going to save the world?

Eric Cartman is quickly becoming a horrible TV character. Every storyline he's in is virtually the same.

Actually, the show is becoming that way. Every episode is largely the same as the last, just with a different person/group to attack in order to send a message.

Matt and Trey used to be comedy geniuses. Now they're old, crusty guys that can't evolve. Every episode has to parody something else. I'm not sure they can actually come up with their own storylines anymore. There's no character growth, depth to any episode, or continuity over the seasons. Just random parodied messages.

redsfan1966
10-10-2008, 06:15 PM
Thought the season premiere was strong....not the greatest premiere, but definitely wasnt the worst...I'm just amazed how emotionally attached I've become to the characters--I really was concerned when the "raping of a friend" was brought up and was relieved and chuckled when it turned out to be Indiana Jones....Cartman and Butters trying to communicate with the chinese family was hilarious...

kaldaniels
10-10-2008, 06:33 PM
I thought that episode was pure garbage. It wasn't the offensivesness of the rape angle that got me...just that it was horribly unfunny and not at all creative. Who hasn't said that Lucas and Speilberg ruin things? How many times is Cartman going to save the world?

Eric Cartman is quickly becoming a horrible TV character. Every storyline he's in is virtually the same.

Actually, the show is becoming that way. Every episode is largely the same as the last, just with a different person/group to attack in order to send a message.

Matt and Trey used to be comedy geniuses. Now they're old, crusty guys that can't evolve. Every episode has to parody something else. I'm not sure they can actually come up with their own storylines anymore. There's no character growth, depth to any episode, or continuity over the seasons. Just random parodied messages.

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I have always viewed South Park as presenting "stand-alone" episodes. I don't tune in to see progress from what happened last week...with rare exceptions such as "Imaginationland". It's always been "random parodied messages" if you ask me.

Rojo
10-10-2008, 07:26 PM
Incorrect.

Hard to argue funny. But, FTR, I'm a big fan of animated comedies -- Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, Futurama, Drawn Together. SP is just tedious. It doesn't have a funny character outside of Cartman, the pacing is slow -- sometimes they don't even end a scene with a joke -- and the blow-everything-up-to-a-national-stage plots are tiring and cliche.

redsfanmia
10-10-2008, 07:56 PM
Hard to argue funny. But, FTR, I'm a big fan of animated comedies -- Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, Futurama, Drawn Together. SP is just tedious. It doesn't have a funny character outside of Cartman, the pacing is slow -- sometimes they don't even end a scene with a joke -- and the blow-everything-up-to-a-national-stage plots are tiring and cliche.

You like Family Guy but you dont like South Park? What you said about South Park is how I feel about Family Guy only fill in Stewie for Cartman. Family Guy is funny only when the show focus is on Stewie and Brian or Stewi alone. I am amazed that South Park after 9+ years is still funny at all and a few episodes from the last few years has to rank among its best.

Caveat Emperor
10-10-2008, 09:20 PM

Oh, I'd completely disagree with that statement.

The "Little Crimestoppers" episode of the show is probably the funniest half hour of television I've ever watched. They're also capable of incredibly biting satire with stuff like "Passion of the Jew," "Night of the Living Homeless" and "The Day After the Day After Tomorrow."

When they're on, they're really on. Problem is, it seems like they're also now swinging and missing a little more frequently. This episode was a perfect example of that -- same with the Brittney episode last year where she shot herself in the head and was a gurgling neck-stump for the entire episode. Not funny and just difficult to watch.

Michael Young
10-10-2008, 09:24 PM
:lol:

http://img24.imagevenue.com/loc971/th_46509_south-park-indy2_123_971lo.jpg

kaldaniels
10-10-2008, 10:52 PM

This is the equivalent of someone just dropping an "Adam Dunn sucks" post in the middle of a discussion on him.

Sorry...couldn't help myself. :D

*BaseClogger*
10-11-2008, 12:58 AM
"The Day After the Day After Tomorrow."

"Two Days Before the Day After Tomorrow."

*BaseClogger*
10-11-2008, 01:06 AM
SP is just tedious. It doesn't have a funny character outside of Cartman

SP, like the Simpsons, have a long tradition of funny characters who only appear in a few episodes: Ms. Crabtree, Starvin' Marvin, Big Gay Al, Santa, Jesus, Satan, Mr. Hankey, Towelie, Mr. Slave, Woodland Christmas Critters, ManBearPig.

And recurring characters Butters and Mr. Mackey crack me up.

the pacing is slow -- sometimes they don't even end a scene with a joke

Don't The Simpsons do this all the time, at least in the older episodes?

Will M
10-11-2008, 01:55 AM
SP, like the Simpsons, have a long tradition of funny characters who only appear in a few episodes: Ms. Crabtree, Starvin' Marvin, Big Gay Al, Santa, Jesus, Satan, Mr. Hankey, Towelie, Mr. Slave, Woodland Christmas Critters, ManBearPig.

And recurring characters Butters and Mr. Mackey crack me up.

Don't The Simpsons do this all the time, at least in the older episodes?

You forgot Timmy !

South Park can be hit or miss. I do think there have been a tremendous number of great episodes the last few years. They are usually at their best when they crank out an episode in three weeks on something topical.

Remember 11/4/08 - Giant ****** or turd sandwich. Vote or die !

WVRed
10-11-2008, 08:29 AM

There is some character growth I have seen in certain episodes. Really though, its more like the Simpsons. How long has the Simpsons been on the air and how much change has there been?

jmcclain19
10-11-2008, 05:39 PM
I agree with Will - South Park has always been completely hit or miss.

They still can churn out an episode on occasion that will have me splitting my sides from laughing - the Guitar Queero episode immediately comes to mind.

WVRed
10-15-2008, 05:10 PM
Looks like they changed the episode.

Wendy threatens to beat up Cartman at school.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/188238

The title of the episode is "Breast Cancer Show Ever", so who knows. With the episode description of "No girl can't fight a boy and win", it wouldn't surprise me if this is Sarah Palin's time to shine.

Rojo
10-15-2008, 05:34 PM
Last night I watched a rerun where they visit a slaughterhouse. In the episode, we see them cut of a cow's head and the rancher hands out free sides of beef.

Compare this with the Troy McClure-narrated student film about slaughterhouses on the Simpsons -- sublime and hilarious.

SP needs bathroom jokes and voilence to cover up for a third-rate sense of comedy. And I like Family Guy, so this isn't a complaint about tastelessness, its about funnylessness.

Michael Young
10-15-2008, 08:05 PM
Last night I watched a rerun where they visit a slaughterhouse. In the episode, we see them cut of a cow's head and the rancher hands out free sides of beef.

Compare this with the Troy McClure-narrated student film about slaughterhouses on the Simpsons -- sublime and hilarious.

SP needs bathroom jokes and voilence to cover up for a third-rate sense of comedy. And I like Family Guy, so this isn't a complaint about tastelessness, its about funnylessness.
:rolleyes:

no

WVRed
10-15-2008, 11:26 PM
Wow, what a letdown.

I think I actually enjoyed the first part of the debate more.

*BaseClogger*
10-15-2008, 11:57 PM
At least it had a story. I'd say it was average, better than the Family Guy wannabe first episode...

WVRed
10-16-2008, 09:38 AM
Does anybody else get tired of watching Cartman get beat up? Regardless of who it is. This time it was Wendy, but it has also been Kyle as well(AIDS episode).

I kinda agree with Rojo, they are constantly beating a dead horse, yet trying to make up for it with toilet humor(eating his underwear) and violence(the fight itself).

*BaseClogger*
10-16-2008, 01:08 PM
Does it bother anyone else how much Cartman's voice has changed over the years?

Cartman's voice sounded much better in the most recent episode. I was getting worried because I prefer his original voice to the more contemporary one he has developed...

WVRed
10-22-2008, 11:52 PM
Thoughts on tonights episode?(Looks like a two parter)

I wish they would give Craig more time in episodes. That was about the only good thing I had to say about the episode. I really don't know what they were making fun of.

Screwball
10-23-2008, 05:43 AM

Rojo's never made a good post.

Neither of the above statements are true, but I wanted to illustrate just how ridiculous an absolute opinion sounds.

IMO, South Park is one of the funniest shows on TV. Sure, this week's episode left much to be desired, but overall, they've been the 2nd best animated series to ever take on the small screen (Simpsons is #1, IMO, of course). There truly are a myriad of well-defined characters that are not only funny, but touch on a variety of other emotions as well.

By perusing through this thread, I think many have become almost too critical of the show. IMO, it's still damn funny (you really don't think the "Breast Cancer" show was a classic?), and to hear otherwise just makes me shake my head.

TRF
10-23-2008, 10:19 AM
I've watched the breast cancer episode 3 times now. hysterical. I especially liked how Cartman puffs up to Wendy whenever there is a crowd around. pretty much like any kid would do. This weeks episode hit right on target for me. I was in our local mall a few weeks ago and yes, there was a pan flute band selling CD's in there. I loved the takeoff on Cloverfield and Blair Witch.

"I'm... so.... startled."

*BaseClogger*
10-23-2008, 12:50 PM
Thoughts on tonights episode?(Looks like a two parter)

I wish they would give Craig more time in episodes. That was about the only good thing I had to say about the episode. I really don't know what they were making fun of.

The movie Cloverfield.

I thought it was once again an episode which had great potential but was butchered by the editing. The flute band joke was told five too many times (a trend I have noticed in a lot of recent episodes), but the Craig and Randy stories were pretty funny. I was laughing hysterically when the giant furry critters began attacking and Randy kept capturing it all on camera...

Emin3mShady07
10-23-2008, 02:52 PM
South Park has been struggling delivering their messages lately, the points they have been trying to make, ie Cash cures aids, Indiana Jones was raped by george lucas and steven speilberg, the China invasion, etc are all great issues that need to be addressed, but there needs to be more humor, germane to the plot of course, in the portrayal.

WVRed
10-25-2008, 08:22 AM
The movie Cloverfield.

I thought it was once again an episode which had great potential but was butchered by the editing. The flute band joke was told five too many times (a trend I have noticed in a lot of recent episodes), but the Craig and Randy stories were pretty funny. I was laughing hysterically when the giant furry critters began attacking and Randy kept capturing it all on camera...

I got the Cloverfield and Blair Witch parts, but the parts with Michael Chertoff is what got me.

*BaseClogger*
10-25-2008, 03:39 PM
I got the Cloverfield and Blair Witch parts, but the parts with Michael Chertoff is what got me.

I thought the only Bair Witch reference was the "I'm...so...startled" line, but then again I have never seen Blair Witch so I couldn't tell ya...

WVRed
11-05-2008, 11:57 PM
Ok, tonight made up for the whole season.

Who's with me?

*BaseClogger*
11-06-2008, 12:05 AM

Who's with me?

Well, I was just about to post that "South Park is dead to me", so I guess we had differing opinions of the episode...

kaldaniels
11-06-2008, 12:20 AM
Tonights episode lacked the "message" or "attack" on whatever figure/belief Matt and Trey chose (maybe the extreme Obama/McCain supporters perhaps). But overall it was more just a typical comedic farce...not my type of South Park episode. Still more entertaining than 95 percent of whats on TV. Keep it going Matt and Trey :beerme:

Razor Shines
11-06-2008, 12:35 AM

Who's with me?

I've enjoyed most of the episodes this season, but yes, this one was the best. I loved it.

*BaseClogger*
11-06-2008, 02:55 AM
It's hard for me to enjoy a South Park episode that shows Cartman for maybe three seconds, and otherwise mostly ignores the kids. Matt and Trey need to get back to their roots, and just let the kids be kids...

WVRed
11-06-2008, 09:30 AM
It's hard for me to enjoy a South Park episode that shows Cartman for maybe three seconds, and otherwise mostly ignores the kids. Matt and Trey need to get back to their roots, and just let the kids be kids...

I think the episodes have focused a little too much on Randy, but I think that is what is working right now. It's the Homer Simpson effect more or less.

Without getting too political, just the idea of how they captured the aftermath of the election with one side hoarding up in the "ark" while the others get wasted, was absolutely perfect.

redsfan1966
11-06-2008, 07:37 PM
Great episode---just curious though, was the spoof based on "Ocean's 11" (didnt see it)?

"Boom baby"

paintmered
11-08-2008, 12:35 AM
Great episode---just curious though, was the spoof based on "Ocean's 11" (didnt see it)?

"Boom baby"

Yes.

MrCinatit
11-08-2008, 08:42 AM
I thought it was rather good, actually. It appears to be one of those episodes in which some of the final pieces of the puzzle were not completed until after the election (the dancing in the street, and Obama promising his girls a puppy). I am sure they had a couple of episodes put together, just in case the election outcome had been different.

Redsfaithful
11-09-2008, 10:12 PM
I thought it was rather good, actually. It appears to be one of those episodes in which some of the final pieces of the puzzle were not completed until after the election (the dancing in the street, and Obama promising his girls a puppy). I am sure they had a couple of episodes put together, just in case the election outcome had been different.

I actually read somewhere that this wasn't true, that they pulled an all nighter after the election finishing those last minute details. They just assumed it was a foregone conclusion that Obama would win, and if he didn't they just would have looked stupid (or not ran the episode).

WVRed
11-09-2008, 11:38 PM
I actually read somewhere that this wasn't true, that they pulled an all nighter after the election finishing those last minute details. They just assumed it was a foregone conclusion that Obama would win, and if he didn't they just would have looked stupid (or not ran the episode).

My guess is there were two episodes ready to go with the same plot. Assume McCain had won and Randy being the ringleader for something like the ark. The Oceans Eleven parody could have been done either way, just switch the characters around.

South Park operates entirely different from the Simpsons in that they can change episodes rather quickly to match up with current events. They probably would have had to have made a few minor tweaks and the episode could have gone either way.

WVRed
03-11-2009, 11:33 PM
Greatest. South Park. Episode. In A Long Time.

I loved the episode tonight. Mickey Mouse, Disney, the Jonas Brothers. Mickey Mouse is one bad dude, lol.

Chip R
03-11-2009, 11:39 PM

I loved the episode tonight. Mickey Mouse, Disney, the Jonas Brothers. Mickey Mouse is one bad dude, lol.

Agreed. They cracked on Disney, marriage, Grey's anatomy, the Jonas Bros. It was all good.

*BaseClogger*
03-12-2009, 01:45 AM

That's the key. This was about the lowest standards for a South Park episode since the first season. I think it was better than the crap from the end of the last run, but would have been among the worst of the season back in the day. Well, at least it's still better than 99.9% of the other stuff on TV...

Patrick Bateman
03-12-2009, 02:19 AM
I might be alone.... but I thought it stunk. Decent concepts, but it just wsn't funny IMO.

WVRed
03-12-2009, 01:15 PM
I might be alone.... but I thought it stunk. Decent concepts, but it just wsn't funny IMO.

Just the way they portrayed Disney was not only funny, but also pretty much true. Kenny is also one of my favorite characters since they use him for the real corruption, just like the Heavy Metal episode.

This may have been the best episode since the Imaginationland.

Joseph
03-12-2009, 01:38 PM
This was the first one I've watched in a while, I found it very entertaining.

"A ring that makes you boring and causes you not to have sex? I thought that was called a wedding ring." Paraphrased.

Chip R
03-12-2009, 02:40 PM
This was the first one I've watched in a while, I found it very entertaining.

"A ring that makes you boring and causes you not to have sex? I thought that was called a wedding ring." Paraphrased.

Wasn't that Butters who said that? You certainly wouldn't expect something as worldly as that come out of his mouth.

WVRed
03-12-2009, 06:20 PM
Wasn't that Butters who said that? You certainly wouldn't expect something as worldly as that come out of his mouth.

My favorite was after he told them about Kenny's girlfriend performing certain acts that after everybody left he asked Jimmy what it was.

Chip R
03-13-2009, 10:10 AM
My favorite was after he told them about Kenny's girlfriend performing certain acts that after everybody left he asked Jimmy what it was.

That was good too but not surprising.

edabbs44
03-13-2009, 10:46 PM
I was in tears when Mickey showed up and beat down one of them.

redsfan1966
03-13-2009, 11:10 PM
Wow.....I totally forgot about then new South Park season.....I'm sure Comedy Central will replay it a lot till next week....I am definitely getting old..

Reds Fanatic
03-13-2009, 11:20 PM
Wow.....I totally forgot about then new South Park season.....I'm sure Comedy Central will replay it a lot till next week....I am definitely getting old..

The episode is being replayed tonight in a few hours at 12:30 AM ET.

WVRed
03-13-2009, 11:21 PM

www.southparkstudios.com

gilpdawg
03-14-2009, 04:16 AM
I about died every time "Mickey" would do the "Mickey laugh" in between horrific statements or actions. That was great.

redsfan1966
03-14-2009, 12:40 PM
ty, Reds Fanatic and WVRed

redsfan1966
03-18-2009, 11:36 PM
uhhhh.....well that was ok I guess.....nice cheat ending..

Screwball
03-19-2009, 05:01 AM
So who was Mysterion? I'm guessing... Clyde.

LoganBuck
03-19-2009, 08:27 AM
So who was Mysterion? I'm guessing... Clyde.

Clyde, Stan or Kenny?

WVRed
03-19-2009, 04:59 PM
Who did "The Coon" remind you more of, Batman or Rorsarch (Watchmen).

I thought early on when Cartman was talking he was similar to Rorsarch but then the Batman music came on.

Oxilon
03-19-2009, 06:11 PM
That had to be one of the worst South Park episodes of all time. Especially considering how good last week's episode was. Not only was this episode a complete waste of time, but it was a complete letdown as well.

Patrick Bateman
03-19-2009, 07:37 PM
Wow... I thought this one was hilarious.... pretty good parody IMO.

Razor Shines
03-20-2009, 02:26 AM

Yeah, me too.

LoganBuck
03-20-2009, 08:33 AM
Yeah, me too.

"Oh he is gone."

"No I am over here."

redsfan1966
03-20-2009, 10:56 AM
"The Coon" was definitely Batman and the voices were spoofs of Christian Bale...

Oxilon
03-22-2009, 05:39 PM
"The Coon" was definitely Batman and the voices were spoofs of Christian Bale...

I understand that, but to devote an entire episode on spoofing 'Batman' or his voice for that matter.

South Park's intrigues me since they're able to take current events and make great parody's of them. But of everything going on right now, whether it be the Chris Brown saga, AIG bonuses, etc..., they choose to spend 30 minutes knocking on Batman and his voice? Nice one Trey.

Redsfaithful
03-22-2009, 11:36 PM
The non-current events episodes are usually my favorites anyway, and this one kind of fit, even if it did have Batman (and maybe Watchmen) tie-ins. I thought it was pretty good.

TRF
03-23-2009, 03:00 PM
I thought it was outstanding. I've watched it 5-6 times since it aired.

Puffy
03-23-2009, 08:49 PM
I think it was Clyde, right??

LoganBuck
03-23-2009, 10:04 PM
I think it was Clyde, right??

Clyde was the one asleep in class. When Cartman was giving the presentation in class.

edabbs44
03-23-2009, 11:46 PM
I don't think it was anyone in particular.

Will M
03-24-2009, 12:11 AM
I don't think it was anyone in particular.

that was my take as well.

Oxilon
03-25-2009, 11:28 AM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure they're just making fun at the fact that Batman's face is basically revealed when he's in costume, yet nobody can recognize it for some reason (especially considering it's the famous Bruce Wayne) and in South Park every child has the same face (it's just the hair/hat that seperates them).

Caveat Emperor
03-25-2009, 02:33 PM

I just saw this one last night for the first time. Probably one of my favorite episodes in recent memory.

The part that made me laugh the hardest (other than the "No, I'm over here now...") was the final fight scene, where people are taking Butters as "Professor Chaos" seriously.

"You think bullets can stop him!?"

That, and hearing someone shout out "Look out! It's General Disarray!"

Patrick Bateman
03-25-2009, 08:00 PM
That, and hearing someone shout out "Look out! It's General Disarray!"

Ya, I thought that line was the funniest.... I was telling my brother that, even though the line kind of seemed like an afterthought.

WVRed
03-25-2009, 11:38 PM
I loved this episode.

That's all I have to say.

LoganBuck
03-25-2009, 11:53 PM
When Garrison was getting "squirreled", I lost it. I haven't laughed that hard in quite awhile.

WVRed
04-02-2009, 12:12 PM
Well, last nights definitely sucked.

*BaseClogger*
04-02-2009, 12:14 PM
I haven't seen it yet, but I heard it was decent. At least it had its own storyline instead of yet another spoof...

LoganBuck
04-02-2009, 01:35 PM
Well, last nights definitely sucked.

Agree, I only laughed once. When Butters was running for home.

nineworldseries
04-02-2009, 03:07 PM
I haven't seen it yet, but I heard it was decent. At least it had its own storyline instead of yet another spoof...

You heard wrong. It blew ;)

Oxilon
04-02-2009, 04:39 PM
I thought last nights' episode was great and did have a good moral in the end. Plus that Martha Stewart part was great.

OesterPoster
04-02-2009, 04:46 PM
I laughed out loud when Butters was running for home. And that's the only time. I cringed during most of the other parts.

savafan
04-02-2009, 08:18 PM
I laughed out loud when Butters was running for home. And that's the only time. I cringed during most of the other parts.

Ditto. I actually turned it off shortly after that part.

redsfan1966
04-02-2009, 08:55 PM
I liked it better than the superhero spoof....how bout that Reno:911 afterward? Talk about a show that has outlived its "funny".

Patrick Bateman
04-03-2009, 02:26 AM
Another terrible episode. I think the only decent one so far has been the coon.

Razor Shines
04-03-2009, 03:14 AM

I've liked all of them so far except for the last one. It was certainly original and that's what a lot of people seem to have wanted.

*BaseClogger*
04-03-2009, 03:19 AM

This threads title finally describes the current situation... :(

M2
04-03-2009, 10:59 AM
Agree, I only laughed once. When Butters was running for home.

Last night's episode was raunchy, but Martha Stewart, the Road Warrior gag and the frenetic mechanics of Terrence and Phillip having group sex worked for me.

WVRed
04-03-2009, 11:05 AM

I thought the Ring and Margaritaville were way better. How can you not like a psychotic Mickey Mouse?

Razor Shines
04-03-2009, 01:25 PM
Last night's episode was raunchy, but Martha Stewart, the Road Warrior gag and the frenetic mechanics of Terrence and Phillip having group sex worked for me.

I forgot about "The Road Warrior", I did have a nice laugh at that.

Redsfaithful
04-08-2009, 02:35 AM
Worst episode of the season so far, but Road Warrior and Martha Stewart had me laughing.

WVRed
04-09-2009, 12:09 AM
Tonights was decent. I loved the portrayal of Kanye West.

Hap
04-09-2009, 01:06 PM
I was laughing my butt off at the immature play-on-words joke, because I clearly remember doing similar things when I was about that age.

LoganBuck
04-09-2009, 03:16 PM
I was very tired last night, and while I "think" it was funny, I don't know if it actually was.

WMR
04-17-2009, 02:10 AM
My Lord this week's episode was painfully unfunny.

LoganBuck
04-17-2009, 02:16 PM
My Lord this week's episode was painfully unfunny.

The first three minutes were good. Randy Marsh dressed as Princess Leah at the super collider, made me laugh out loud.

Reds Fanatic
04-17-2009, 02:33 PM
This year has be really two extremes for South Park they have had a few great episodes like the opener and the episode about the economy and then there have been several episodes that have been horrible like the last two weeks.

*BaseClogger*
04-17-2009, 03:31 PM
HORRIBLE... :barf:

TRF
04-17-2009, 04:39 PM
it was a bad episode. The Star Wars stuff was good. the reference to the show Lie to me was good. everything els kinda blew like it usually does when the focus is on Randy.

Will M
04-19-2009, 01:55 AM
must disagree. i thought it was very funny.
especially when the world leaders nuked Finland because they were gonna tell the space cops about the stolen space cash.

Patrick Bateman
04-19-2009, 02:15 AM
I thought it was generally entertaining.... the ending was hilarious, kind of made fun of how ridiculous the episode and the characters were.

*BaseClogger*
04-19-2009, 04:10 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_6bRIBSeOuhk/ScP2yayEBQI/AAAAAAAAA60/KlI5kvueIak/s400/holy-facepalm.jpg

WVRed
04-23-2009, 10:46 AM
Last night's was pretty good for the end of the season.

LoganBuck
04-23-2009, 02:51 PM
I didn't care for it at all. I want that half hour of my life back.

HBP
04-23-2009, 02:57 PM
Radioactive Somali fish :laugh:

fielder's choice
04-23-2009, 10:29 PM
Last night's was pretty weak

TRF
04-27-2009, 11:03 AM
I disagree. could not stop laughing. love Cartman's new catch phrase. love the fact that Ike joined him. strong episode IMO.