PDA

View Full Version : PUMPED

TheBigLebowski
03-22-2008, 05:20 PM
I just found out that our local cable company (Cox) offers a MLB Extra Innings package here for 159.99. I will be able to watch EVERY single Reds game this year. I'm soooo excited. You local guys don't appreciate how lucky you are to be able to take watching the Reds for granted. 160 bucks is a flippin' steal. Less than a dollar per Reds game. Best part is, I get every other game as well!!

goreds2
03-22-2008, 06:23 PM
I just found out that our local cable company (Cox) offers a MLB Extra Innings package here for 159.99. I will be able to watch EVERY single Reds game this year. I'm soooo excited. You local guys don't appreciate how lucky you are to be able to take watching the Reds for granted. 160 bucks is a flippin' steal. Less than a dollar per Reds game. Best part is, I get every other game as well!!

Cool deal! Getting the other games will be cool in Sept. if the Reds are in contention.

bubbachunk
03-22-2008, 06:34 PM
Gratz enjoy it!

Carolina Red
03-22-2008, 11:23 PM
I been getting MLB Extra Innings on DirecTV for the past 5 or 6 years and I love it. You won't get every Reds game but I would say they show probably 90-95% of them throughout the season. It's about half and half between the Reds announcers and the other teams announcers. Most of the other teams announcers are pretty good except St. Louis who can be a little cocky about there team and players. Enjoy the season, hopefully the Reds will give us a lot to cheer about.

Mr.MojoRisin
03-23-2008, 11:41 AM
I'm in Corbin, KY, but thankfully we get FSN Ohio and get most of the games.

Rocket_Fuel
03-23-2008, 11:55 AM

Congrats! :beerme:

TheBigLebowski
03-24-2008, 02:54 PM
Only question is, will the games be in HD?

BLEEDS
03-24-2008, 03:14 PM
Only question is, will the games be in HD?

Yep. I bought the NBA package from my local company (also COX) and they just played them in normal def. I think they looked better on my non-HD TV.

I am pretty amazed that these "packages" have now virtually included almost EVERY game for every team. Used to be they only showed a couple games a week max, so it wasn't really worth it.

I've heard Wednesday and maybe Sunday(?) they won't show games because of the ESPN rights, but if it's anywhere near 90%, that would be worth it.

PEACE

-BLEEDS

Casey
03-24-2008, 03:23 PM
With DirectTV, you have to purchase the Superfan package to get games in HD...it's $50 extra.
As far as the blackouts, all games that start after 5 PM EST on Sunday, and IF FOX has a national game of the week on Saturday, any game that starts prior to 5 PM EST on Saturday will be blacked out.