PDA

View Full Version : 8x10 Returned by votto...

mroby85
03-22-2008, 11:30 PM
I posted awhile back asking for the spring training address, today i received the first response. Votto signed the 8x10 and returned it.

I also sent them to cordero, bruce, baker, phillips, cueto, and volquez, but haven't heard back yet, just thought if any of you were interested in that kind of thing you'd like to know that votto was a success! I'll post a picture of it, as soon as i get it uploaded.

Mr.MojoRisin
03-23-2008, 11:16 AM
Where do you find the addresses? I'd love to get some stuff signed.

GoReds33
03-23-2008, 11:28 AM
Ed Smith Stadium
1090 N. Euclid Avenue
Sarasota, FL, 34237

I would expect the Phillips one back. He's usually pretty good about it.

mroby85
03-23-2008, 03:28 PM
I wouldn't recommend sending them to ed smith stadium now though, i would probly send them to Great American, since they're leaving in about a week.
that will be sweet if i get the phillips back, i sent it to cincinnati along with the volquez, since i didn't get them to spring training in time.

bounty37h
03-24-2008, 12:12 PM
Roby, I saw you tried to PM me, but my box was full, and now that I have emptied it, it isnt showing your email, but I asume it is re this. Congrats, that is awesome!!! Glad to hear Votto came through, as I have heard mixed reviews on him, although he was pleasant and signed forme both time I met him last year. I just printed out a handful of photos this morning, and am writing letters to get them off, wish I would have done it in time for ST though, but will try my luck through the team, although I have not had very good luck that route the last few years. Please keep me updated if you get others back!

whackspliff
03-25-2008, 10:29 PM
classy

tigh24
03-26-2008, 12:00 AM
What is the address for sending these to GABP? Also, any tips that may get my pics more likely to be signed? Thanks guys!

mroby85
03-26-2008, 12:27 AM
Players Name
c/o Cincinnati Reds
Great American Ball Park
100 Main Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202-4109
USA

I have a huge reds room, and i always send them a picture of that, to let them know i'm truly a fan. I also send a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope, that is HUGE! they won't send it back if they have to pay for postage. finally, just stick a handwritten letter in their to the player you're writing too. thats all i do, i got successes from dunn and kearns when they were young prospects.

One bit of advice i'd give is to not waste time like with griffey/dunn now. it's smarter to send to guys such as votto, cueto, volquez, or bruce, who haven't become a huge name yet.

tigh24
03-26-2008, 12:55 AM
Where is the best place to get Pics online to send? Do they ever send a pic if you write just a letter? I once sent Peyton Manning a letter during his rookie year and he returned a personalized signed picture answering my questions.

mroby85
03-26-2008, 01:04 AM
i've always sent something, so i'm not really sure, i would like your chances a lot better though if you send something to be honest. I just search pictures on the internet, save them to scan disk, and then have them made into 8x10's on the machines at wal-mart. make sure the pics you save are good size or it will be very blurry. if you get a big one though, they're just as nice as the mlb licensed ones.

Rounding Third
03-26-2008, 11:25 AM
What about players in Lousville and the other minor league teams? Is there an address to send something to say....Jay Bruce?

:)

GoReds33
03-26-2008, 12:35 PM
What about players in Lousville and the other minor league teams? Is there an address to send something to say....Jay Bruce?

:)This page should have all the info you need:
http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/mlb/minorleagues/team_index.jsp?c_id=cin

CySeymour
03-26-2008, 01:20 PM
When I was in high school, I sent a baseball card to the Phillies for Mike Schmidt to sign, and I had no expectation of him to actually return it. I did the same thing for Mario Soto.

I got Soto's card back in about a month. Schmidt did finally sign the card and sent a typed and signed letter to me...2 years after I sent it :) Hey, I was just thrilled to get it.

bounty37h
03-26-2008, 02:43 PM
Klu, I had a similar experience for Schmidt a few years back, ahd sent him a card, and gave up hope (to be honest, forgot I had even sent it it had been so long), and @ 2 years later, got an envelope in the mail with the card signed.

tigh24
04-02-2008, 08:38 AM
A little off topic but...

I am looking to increase my Reds bobblehead collection so if any of you have any extras you'd be interested in selling let me know!!! Thanks!