PDA

View Full Version : Favorite George Grande and Chris Welsh quotes!

redsrule2500
03-24-2008, 02:25 PM
Since we are about to be hearing them on a daily basis, I thought it would be fun to get a few of their quotes exposed before it begins.

Chris: "He was really boot-scootin' it down the line"

George: "The Redlegs were on the smiling side of the scoreboard"

Superdude
03-24-2008, 02:28 PM
"velocitized"!

cumberlandreds
03-24-2008, 02:29 PM
Getem'on,getem' over,getem in... George

membengal
03-24-2008, 02:31 PM
I thought this was supposed to be favorite quotes?

Cyclone792
03-24-2008, 02:32 PM
My one unique favorite is Grande's call "Oh it hit him in the throat, I think! And a run will score!"

The nightly ones are whenever Grande reads off all the winning lottery numbers.

"Tonight's Pick 3 winners ... five seven eight, five seven eight. Pick 4 winners eight five two one, eight five two one ... etc."

And then followed up with "Hope you have a winner!"

cumberlandreds
03-24-2008, 02:36 PM
I thought this was supposed to be favorite quotes?

Then this thread would be empty. ;)

reds44
03-24-2008, 02:37 PM
I am shocked this has been mentioned already.

"A solo homer is sometimes a rally killer."-Welsh

I still have no idea how you kill a rally that hasn't even started.

WMR
03-24-2008, 02:38 PM
Make sure to tune into The Best Sports Show Period. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

redsrule2500
03-24-2008, 02:47 PM
Make sure to tune into The Best Sports Show Period. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

lol to be fair, I'm fairly certain Reds management made him do that. He originally started calling it by the official name, until later on when I'm sure complaints came in about family programming. Since the Reds can't help the commercials or programming of FSN, they at least could censor their personal broadcast of the word. My take at least

boognish
03-24-2008, 03:03 PM
According to GG, foul balls are either "slapped" or "nubbed."

Also, he once used the turn of phrase "roller coaster ride" thrice in the same sentence.

Of course, "hi, hello, and welcome" and "see you at the ballpark" are staples.

Chip R
03-24-2008, 03:14 PM
lol to be fair, I'm fairly certain Reds management made him do that. He originally started calling it by the official name, until later on when I'm sure complaints came in about family programming. Since the Reds can't help the commercials or programming of FSN, they at least could censor their personal broadcast of the word. My take at least

Thom has used the same phrase when pimping the show.

reds44
03-24-2008, 03:17 PM

Also, he once used the turn of phrase "roller coaster ride" thrice in the same sentence.

Of course, "hi, hello, and welcome" and "see you at the ballpark" are staples.
You really need to stop going to games.

;)

boognish
03-24-2008, 03:19 PM
You really need to stop going to games.

;)

Not until the Reds put me on the payroll to do just that ;)

I'll be at Wednesday's and Friday's games, so beware...

Screwball
03-24-2008, 03:25 PM

And any fly ball is a "bloop."

redsrule2500
03-24-2008, 03:34 PM
And any fly ball is a "bloop."

or "back, back, back to the warning track - this one will stay in the ballpark" (even though its 20 feet shy)

NC Reds
03-24-2008, 03:52 PM
"He got it, he got it!!!!"

Sadly GG launches into that whenever his man-crush Jim Edmonds makes a great catch.

I think this is the extent of my favorities, though I do like Grande and Welsh fine.

redsfan30
03-24-2008, 03:52 PM

George has never used Damn in the title of the show. And as Chip mentioned, Thom Brenneman has used it a time or two so it's not a FSN Ohio thing, it's a personal choice of Grande's.

Are there some things to criticize him for? Probably. Is this one of them? Absolutley not.

Chip R
03-24-2008, 03:59 PM
George has never used Damn in the title of the show. And as Chip mentioned, Thom Brenneman has used it a time or two so it's not a FSN Ohio thing, it's a personal choice of Grande's.

Are there some things to criticize him for? Probably. Is this one of them? Absolutley not.

Actually, I meant that Thom didn't use the word "Damn" either. Sorry if I was unclear.

redsrule2500
03-24-2008, 03:59 PM

Yeah, I'd agree I don't mind it either way and honestly I think the show is stupid anyway. Didn't know that about Thom.

I can't believe I missed the "He got it He got it!" quote

fearofpopvol1
03-24-2008, 04:01 PM
"He got it, he got it!!!!"

Sadly GG launches into that whenever his man-crush Jim Edmonds makes a great catch.

I think this is the extent of my favorities, though I do like Grande and Welsh fine.

My quote was stolen by the one above.

redsfan30
03-24-2008, 04:02 PM
Actually, I meant that Thom didn't use the word "Damn" either. Sorry if I was unclear.

I think I've heard him use it a couple times. He definetly doesn't do it all time time, but I'm sure he's done it some.

Chip R
03-24-2008, 04:05 PM
I think I've heard him use it a couple times. He definetly doesn't do it all time time, but I'm sure he's done it some.

He might have but he omitted it the last time I heard him do a game.

membengal
03-24-2008, 04:08 PM
According to Grange, an animal with a wide tail and buck teeth builds wooden water retaining structures.

redsrule2500
03-24-2008, 04:14 PM
According to Grange, an animal with a wide tail and buck teeth builds wooden water retaining structures.

:laugh::laugh:

Jpup
03-24-2008, 04:36 PM
"...you know his story."

George Grande

:(

LINEDRIVER
03-24-2008, 05:05 PM
When the Reds play the Pittsburgh Pirates, Grande will refer to the Pirates as 'the Buccos' a good 15-20 times before calling them 'the Pirates'.

LINEDRIVER
03-24-2008, 05:06 PM
"...you know his story."

George Grande

:(

Yep George, I know his story but something tells me you are gonna tell me anyway.

gm
03-24-2008, 05:12 PM
GG "ball four...and he marches down to first base"

"and the runner scampers home"

4256 Hits
03-24-2008, 09:32 PM
"Hi, Hello":confused:

"Dunn and gone" :rolleyes:

Matt700wlw
03-24-2008, 09:38 PM
"Hey!!"

CrackerJack
03-24-2008, 09:47 PM
Don't forget "and he scampers home" - as if they're little bouncy deer or bunny rabbits running around the bases.

jmcclain19
03-25-2008, 03:16 AM
From today's Game.

Grande - "If you were to make a list of young players in baseball ticketed for certain stardom, well you know that this young man would be high on that list."

He was speaking about Aaron Hill. He's a nice 2B and all....but Aaron Hill?? Holy Hyperbole Batman.