PDA

View Full Version : Article on Juan Duran with Pictures

dougdirt
03-24-2008, 03:50 PM
http://www.eldia.com.do/article.aspx?&id=44706

Check the link for the pictures. They don't allow linking to their pictures, so you have to go there to check them out. The article is in Spanish, so I used to google translator tool.

SANTO DOMINGO .- The leaflet John Duran has supernatural abilities, which led him at age 16 to enter the professionalism making history, by becoming the first player to receive the largest amount of money ($ 2.0 million) from the outside of Cincinnati Reds of the United States.

The Reds are among the organizations that give less money inside and outside the United States, however, the signing took place because the executive Bob Miller, assistant to the general manager, and Tony Arias, director of eavesdropping on Latin America, were so impressed that immediately felt that his skills, as young children, were taken to compare with Vladimir Guerrero, Juan–Igor Gonzalez and the retired Dave Winfield.

Duran, timid voice, assures that not disappoint the executives of Cincinnati, who believed in him. “I will not stop until you get to the Major Leagues. It is my dream and I will do reality, “said a bolting Duran, six-foot-six-inch defender right in the garden.

He began his career at age 10, taking on coach Alberto Arias, who moved to this activity and did leave the basketball. It was discovered by Richard Jimenez, who is the coordinator of the Red listeners in the country.

A blessing of Díos
Jimenez acknowledged the discovery of Duran as a blessing from God, because it had many organizations behind its services, so grateful enough to coach Arias, who gave his word and kept it.

“This was something great. . I remember the day that my chiefs came Arias told me that Duran had a cut that required nine points in the heel of the left foot and yet what prompted the complex to see that it was not a lie, “he said, adding:” Even so we present it to heads and with all the points and shot more than 10 homers in a practice, something that touched the whole world. “

Jimenez said that the most striking element of Duran is that what he does in training in the games. He stressed that despite his height is 6:7 at 60 yards; pulls the ball on all sides and polishing tools will be developed as a player of the five tools.

In family
Juan Alberto Flores Duran is the eldest son of the marriage of Cristina Flores Reyes, who is a public employee, and the first lieutenant of the National Police John Duran, who is a black belt in karate.

He lives with his grandmother and her sisters Lorenza Reyes Mariela Marcel nine years, and Crismerly Johanna Flores Duran, two years, respectively.

His mother defines his son as a young specimen, he did not think that by signing this change, as his family training is very good. “Not because my son is, but it is a very good boy and devoted to his family and friends,” said his mother.

While his father said that since childhood wanted him to karate, but not liked and went to basketball before arriving at baseball. “In the courtyard was spent playing with a vitilla and a stick, because he said that was born to the ball and just given his first big step to go to professionalism,” said the father.

TRF
03-24-2008, 03:52 PM
supernatural abilities?

Juan Duran sees dead people.

TRF
03-24-2008, 03:54 PM
oh my god, that is the funniest translation ever. :laugh:

director of eavesdropping. priceless.

oneupper
"director of eavesdropping" LOL

dougdirt
supernatural abilities?

Lol.... lets note that the google translator is fairly rough.

TRF
03-24-2008, 03:57 PM
noted.

bwahahahahaha. heh.

oneupper
03-24-2008, 04:01 PM
Lol.... lets note that the google translator is fairly rough.

What? No "quadrangle of the three races"?

Screwball
03-24-2008, 04:09 PM
Check the link for the pictures.

I'm guessing the family dog had just been ran over before those pics were taken.

OnBaseMachine
03-24-2008, 04:31 PM
http://www.eldia.com.do/image.ashx?file=photos/a9491284-917b-410a-a1cb-45e38f240a6d.jpg|82,0,360,278,278,278&size=500

http://www.eldia.com.do/image.ashx?file=photos/b675ea26-a5f5-47a8-bde7-7904bbae021c.jpg|0,0,500,500,500,500&size=500

Grande Donkey
03-24-2008, 04:38 PM
He makes that baseball bat look tiny. He must be 9 feet tall.

dougdirt
03-24-2008, 04:40 PM
He makes that baseball bat look tiny. He must be 9 feet tall.
He has one of those mini bats.:cool:

Grande Donkey
03-24-2008, 04:44 PM
He has one of those mini bats.:cool:Maybe, but I think its more likely that he is 9 feet tall.

BPhillips4
03-24-2008, 05:54 PM
Maybe, but I think its more likely that he is 9 feet tall.

:lol: and so the "facts" begin!

It's nice to be able to put a face to the soon to be legendary name:thumbup:

D-Man
03-24-2008, 07:31 PM
"John" Duran = Kitty's soulmate??

:cool:

RedlegJake
03-24-2008, 09:01 PM
His friend in the picture is 8'7" so Juan MUST be 9' tall. Plus, according to the translation he looks to be 6'7" from about 60 yards away. I heard he swings so hard they started naming Hurricanes after the letters in his name.

klw
03-25-2008, 12:54 PM
Here's a picture of Mr. Duran changing a lightbulb.
http://www.lifeinthefastlane.ca/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/worlds_tallest_man_leonid_stadnyk_2b.jpg

MikeS21
03-28-2008, 10:36 AM
supernatural abilities?

Reminds me of that baseball movie (Minor Leagues?). Who is the guy who played President Palmer in 24? His character in the movie was named "Jobo" or somthing like that, and he set up a voodoo shrine in his locker and killed chickens for good luck in games. :p:

TOBTTReds
03-28-2008, 08:29 PM
Maybe, but I think its more likely that he is 9 feet tall.

Actually that is a real bat...it is just pointing away from the camera and is an optical illusion. I apologize if that was obvious and everyone was joking.

reds44
03-28-2008, 08:31 PM
http://www.eldia.com.do/image.ashx?file=photos/a9491284-917b-410a-a1cb-45e38f240a6d.jpg|82,0,360,278,278,278&size=500

http://www.eldia.com.do/image.ashx?file=photos/b675ea26-a5f5-47a8-bde7-7904bbae021c.jpg|0,0,500,500,500,500&size=500
My God he looks like he is 16.

Oh wait....

RedsManRick
03-28-2008, 09:57 PM
Reminds me of that baseball movie (Minor Leagues?). Who is the guy who played President Palmer in 24? His character in the movie was named "Jobo" or somthing like that, and he set up a voodoo shrine in his locker and killed chickens for good luck in games. :p:

http://www.sportsargumentwiki.com/index.php?title=Pedro_Cerrano

Former slugger for the Cleveland Indians in their dreary late-80s/early-90s days. He practiced voodoo and coveted hats for his bats to keep them warm. Among other things, he enjoyed sacrificing chickens for more power from Jobu, and liked Jesus very much, but he was no help with curveball.

After his playing days were over, Cerrano ran for President of the United States, eventually winning the office. Cerrano was a wanted man in his native Caribbean home, so naturally there were many attempts on his life. Cerrano, thanks to a nameless federal agent, repeatedly avoided death and served his American people honorably. Sadly, after his days as Prez were over, he was ultimately assassinated by some evil Chinese or Russians or somebody who had some kind of Sintox gas or some ****. I don't know what the hell happened there.

Zombie Pedro Cerrano can be seen on occasion hawking Allstate insurance and on some CBS show.

There is no Dennis Haysbert, that's just a character Pedro Cerrano plays in public.

edabbs44
04-01-2008, 02:44 PM
Just saw this on BA. Not sure if it was posted elsewhere.

The Reds recently signed 16-year-old Dominican outfielder Juan Duran for $2 million. Where would Duran have rated on the Top 100 Prospects list, if in fact he would have made it?

John Finley
Chagrin Falls, Ohio

As Ben Badler reported, the Reds discovered that they didn't have to wait until July 2 to sign Duran, and they swooped in quickly to get the job done. He's young and huge (6-foot-5 and 205 pounds, with the room to add more strength), and Cincinnati believes he has top-of-the-line power potential. Reds director of Latin American scouting Tony Arias likened Duran to a more athletic version of young Giants slugger Angel Villalona.

As intriguing as Duran is, he wouldn't have made our Top 100 list. He's at least three or four years away from the majors and he has yet to prove himself against any kind of decent competition. I wouldn't rate him as highly as Braves righthander Julio Teheran, who signed last summer out of Colombia for $850,000, and Teheran didn't crack the Top 100 either.

Since we started doing the Top 100 in 1990, I believe the youngest player ever was Villalona, who was 17½ when he made the list this year.