PDA

View Full Version : Today's Lineup, Foreshadowing !??!

BLEEDS
03-25-2008, 01:37 PM
Per Trent here's the Reds lineup for today's game:

Reds lineup:
23 Corey Patterson CF
6 Ryan Freel RF
4 Brandon Phillips 2B
44 Adam Dunn LF
28 Edwin Encarnacion 3B
19 Joey Votto.1B
27 Jeff Keppinger SS
17 Javier Valentin C
36 Edinson Volquez RHP

Replace "Ryan Freel" RF with "Jay Bruce" RF, and this VERY WELL may be our 2009 regular lineup.

Not sure if Keep could stick at SS long-term, but if they think AGon is not worth his $$(5.375M) they might look to trade him.

Also probably not Valentin, but Ross in there.

Maybe swap Votto and Bruce's place in the lineup, but I could see this being trotted out against every RHP we faced.

PEACE

-BLEEDS

IowaRed
03-25-2008, 01:41 PM
what happened to Jr?

GoReds33
03-25-2008, 01:43 PM
what happened to Jr?It's likely that Griffey won't be back next year, with his club option. If the Reds are doing bad at the all star break, it's likely he'd be traded then.

IowaRed
03-25-2008, 01:46 PM
I missed the "2009" part. I thought you were predicting this to be our opening day lineup this year.

IowaRed
03-25-2008, 01:48 PM
Bleeds, you think Neifi will be on the roster by opening day 2009?

mlbfan30
03-25-2008, 02:21 PM
If you sign Patterson, Don't sign Griffey, Sign Dunn, Play Bruce, Replace Valentine, Move Votto, etc.... Then yes... it is foreshadowing... I don't get that

BLEEDS
03-25-2008, 03:59 PM
If you sign Patterson, Don't sign Griffey, Sign Dunn, Play Bruce, Replace Valentine, Move Votto, etc.... Then yes... it is foreshadowing... I don't get that

Yeah, that's why it's DIFFERENT than this year's, get it?!?! :confused:

Those are all moves they SHOULD make for next year. I'm more concerned on the 1-7, 8-9 don't matter as much.

I think that COULD be the 1-7 for next year, although ideally PERSONALLY I have some tweaks, but it would be a NICE lineup for the first 7, and would really put some runs up on the board.

PEACE

-BLEEDS

BLEEDS
03-25-2008, 04:00 PM
Bleeds, you think Neifi will be on the roster by opening day 2009?

If he is, I might become a Royals fan. The OMAHA Royals. I'll get season tickets.

PEACE

-BLEEDS

whackspliff
03-25-2008, 11:40 PM
I just bought MLB 2K8 two days ago. This was their lineup for the Reds......

RF Freel
2B Phillips
CF Junior
LF Dunn
3B Encarnacion
1B Hatteberg
SS Gonzalez
C Ross

Rotation:
Harang
Arroyo
Bailey
Belisle
Coutlangus

Players not in the game......
Cueto and Bruce.

I obviously had to make some changes.

What's up 2K8? Not even close.

AmarilloRed
03-25-2008, 11:45 PM
Cueto and Bruce are also not in MLB 2008: The Show. Some prospects simply miss being in the current edition of baseball games, like Bailey wasn't last year. I expect we will see them in next year's games.

whackspliff
03-25-2008, 11:58 PM
I can see no Cueto, but Bruce is MLB's #1 Prospect............c'mon

K-GAR
03-26-2008, 10:16 AM
I can see no Cueto, but Bruce is MLB's #1 Prospect............c'mon

it's an MLBPA thing, only players who have played at least one game in the bigs are eligible to be in video games, there is also a long list of scabs you won't see in video games either due to the players associations rules. They couldn't even put Fukudome on the game for this reason, they've even had a few roster updates and don't have him yet simply because he's never played in an MLB game yet. If you have either game you'll see roster updates come out after opening day and it'll have guys like Cueto, Fukudome, all the other japanese imports, top prospects who are actually with the big club now, etc.