PDA

View Full Version : AA Roster talk from Chattanooga Paper

JaxRed
03-26-2008, 08:53 AM
http://timesfreepress.com/news/2008/mar/26/goff-having-fun-manager-again/

They have Roenicke in AA and still have Fisher as starter.

Triples
03-26-2008, 09:56 AM
The next couple of days will be very intersesting as the MLB club has to make it's final cuts down to 25. Unless there are a couple of last minute releases/trades I suspect there will be some surprises as to where everyone ends up starting the season. Lots of fodder for the RZers.

OnBaseMachine
03-26-2008, 12:28 PM
The Reds sure do like to hold back their college guys. I really don't get it.

redhawk61
03-26-2008, 01:02 PM
Yeah I don't get it. If your invited to ST I would think the person would at least be worthy of AAA ball, epecially a guy like Roenicke who has a good spring and is getting up there in years as far as prospect status goes.

princeton
03-26-2008, 01:37 PM
Yeah I don't get it. If your invited to ST I would think the person would at least be worthy of AAA ball, epecially a guy like Roenicke who has a good spring and is getting up there in years as far as prospect status goes.

inexperienced pitcher. Building confidence is a good thing.

several Sarasota batters hit better upon promotion to Chattanooga last year. Unless he's horrendous (which he could be), Reds should advance Stubbs to AA before All-Star Break.

gedred69
03-28-2008, 12:03 AM
inexperienced pitcher. Building confidence is a good thing.

several Sarasota batters hit better upon promotion to Chattanooga last year. Unless he's horrendous (which he could be), Reds should advance Stubbs to AA before All-Star Break.

Do ya' think Stubbs will catch up to his rookie league teamate, Danny Dorn?

OnBaseMachine
03-28-2008, 04:24 PM
Sean Watson threw an inning of relief for the Reds today. He profiles as a reliever down the road anyway so hopefully the Reds put him in the Chattanooga bullpen this season and accelerate his timeline to the majors. Same with Carlos Fisher.

RDriesenUD
03-28-2008, 05:31 PM

Which is more important? Having a prospect in AAA just to get him there quick or having your prospect become the best player he can possibly be when he becomes a major leaguer?