PDA

View Full Version : Twins Braodcasters

Royals Fan
03-27-2008, 04:04 PM
I am not sure how many Reds fans heard the Twins Broadcast today on XM. Bert Blyeven made some pretty strong comment about the Reds and there organization over past few years. He said today there are to many Reds players that have looked at me I am in Big Leagues now and pointing to Adam Dunn and Ken Griffey Junior- he made the mention how the lack of hustle he show today during the game going after foul fly ball and getting to the ball in the outfield corner and Arroyo being upset about his lack of hustle looking to the outfield. He said overall the Reds players do not look like they having fun and do not hustle at any time during the game. He has noticed this problem over the past 5 years or so in the reds organization. He had great reviews of Dusty Baker and his motviation as an former teammate and pretty negative comments about the Reds players.

Rounding Third
03-27-2008, 04:12 PM
Regarding that the players don't have any fun, I don't really what he means by that. It seems like the Reds clubhouse is kinda loose and they have a lot of fun. Karaoke night, little pranks all the time. Watching the videos on the interviews that play during the games and always seeing pictures, mainly of Dunn and Griffey, joking around with huge smiles on there faces.

roby
03-27-2008, 04:15 PM
Are you guys typing "funny" or am I reading "funny?" I am having a hard time following you.

Royals Fan
03-27-2008, 04:15 PM
I know for one - he was talking about how they walk to there positions on the field and that he felt that they did not care if they won or lose the games. He just gave overall view what he thought of the reds and there organization.

Rounding Third
03-27-2008, 04:16 PM
I would like him to tell Mr. Castellini that he doesn't care about winning...

Royals Fan
03-27-2008, 04:19 PM
It was very weird- listening to him bash the reds and there players for couple of innings during today's game.

Rounding Third
03-27-2008, 04:22 PM
I don't think I would have listened to that. I don't think you can tell any professional athlete that they don't care whether they win or lose.

I guess Griffey doesn't want to win a World Series before he retires. Aaron Harang doesn't want that Cy Young, which he would have a better shot at if the team plays better. The Reds don't care about winning or loosing but they went out and signed a legit closer and a big name manager.

roborobj
03-27-2008, 07:41 PM
I listened to the first few innings with John Gordon and Dan Gladden and they just said that the Reds were at a crossroads and could either go one way or the other. They did say that WK, being with Minnesota for so long, is a very good baseball guy. You have to remember that Bert is a very pompous creature and thinks he is better than anyone else and likes to criticize others to lift himself up. Wonder what he thought when the Reds won the game so decisively!!

It was very weird- listening to him bash the reds and there players for couple of innings during today's game.

steig
03-27-2008, 09:14 PM
Maybe Bert should look at the back of Griffey's baseball card before he speaks next time.

Royals Fan
03-27-2008, 09:18 PM
I like John Gordon but im not a fan of Bert- he seam to be know it all and probably mad he is not in the hall of fame yet with his steallar career.

gedred69
03-27-2008, 10:49 PM
I add this. Bert tried to say things that alot of us have felt. Griffey and Dunn are the leaders of this team in the club house because of their careers and stats. What kind of example do they set to the "young guns" and the possibles future? I'd like to hear what others think on the subject.

Johnny Cueto
03-28-2008, 01:28 AM
Not surprising to hear someone bashing the reds, lol. That was probably just his view of things and he probably thinks the twins will win the World Series every year too. :cool: Just another announcer who doesn't know when to shut up.

smoke6
03-28-2008, 07:51 AM
1st, Its Spring Training. Guys like Griffey and Dunn don't hustle in ST. They are there to put in work not win a job.

2nd, I can't say Bert Blyeven is way off base with his comments. The Reds have been an underachieving, non-hustling (except Freel), bunch of losers.

I hope it changes soon.

Redsnake
03-28-2008, 08:22 AM
Funny he said that about the Reds. J.Santana felt the same way about the Twins for the past 2 years. He wasn't having any fun and he wanted out. And if you ask Tori Hunter he might just say the same thing.

durl
03-28-2008, 09:01 AM
That settles it. Starting immediately, Reds players must wear clown noses and big, floppy shoes on the field. It's time to have some FUN!!!

I can't prove this but I dare say that, if you were to watch a lot of the other big names in the majors, they probably don't do the Sosa Sprint to their outfield positions...especially in Spring Training. If the Reds had a winning record last year he wouldn't even be talking about it. He's thinking "They're not winning so they must be lazy." That's not necessarily so, especially when you realize (or care to look at the facts) that this team lost most of it's games last year due to pitching breakdowns, not from jogging to positions.

And I believe we need to quit projecting what we BELIEVE the clubhouse is like. From time to time we hear various reports about how well everyone gets along in the clubhouse, but never anything bad. (The last person I recall leaving the Reds that complained about the clubhouse was Pokey Reese and he was jealous of the attention Jr was getting. And where is Pokey now?) Bruce was talking earlier this spring about how great Jr was in the clubhouse...not an aloof jerk that many in here THINK he is.

Anyway, conjuring up an attitude of carelessness is out of place, IMO. Running to positions isn't going to make the bullpen ERA fall to a respectable number that will allow winning.

SidneySlicker
03-28-2008, 09:53 AM
Yeah, I'm sure it looked like he was having NO fun while going 1-2 with a homerun 2 rbi's in a 5-1 win over the Twins lol.:owned: