PDA

View Full Version : Police break up keggar, surprised by contents of keg

Highlifeman21
03-30-2008, 03:23 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080328/ap_on_fe_st/odd_root_beer_kegger;_ylt=An4POyJU1LFdVLhHSz9b5rED W7oF

WAUSAU, Wis. - Cars lining the street. A house full of young people. A keg and drinking games inside. Police thought they had an underage boozing party on their hands.

But though they made dozens of teens take breath tests, none tested positive for alcohol. That's because the keg contained root beer.

The party was held by a high school student who wanted to show that teens don't always drink alcohol at their parties. It has gained fame on YouTube.com.

Dustin Zebro, 18, said he staged the party after friends at D.C. Everest High School got suspended from sports because of pictures showing them drinking from red cups.

The root-beer kegger was "to kind of make fun of the school," he said. "They assumed there was beer in the cups. We just wanted to have some root beer in red cups and just make it look like a party, but there actually wasn't any alcohol."

Zebro purchased a quarter-barrel of 1919 Classic American Draft Root Beer, and by 10 p.m. Saturday, the scene outside his rural Wausau home had all the makings of a teen drinking party cars, noise and kids.

Kronenwetter Police Chief Daniel Joling said an officer was dispatched to the home March 1 on a complaint of cars blocking the road.

Juveniles began coming out of the house after the officer used his squad car's loudspeaker to warn that cars would soon be towed, Officer Jason Rasmussen wrote in his report.

Nearly 90 breath tests were done, and officers even searched locked rooms for hiding teens.

"It was a tremendous waste of time and manpower, but we still had a job to do, and our officers did it," Joling said. "If one kid had come there, even hadn't drank there, but had come there and had been drinking and had left and crashed and burned, then what would the sentiment be? Why didn't the police check everybody out?"

D.C. Everest schools Superintendent Kris Gilmore did not immediately return a message Friday.

As a root beer afficionado, I bet that was some tasty root beer, if served at a proper icy cold temperature.

On a related note, I bet the cops were pissed when they found out it wasn't beer.

CrackerJack
03-30-2008, 03:59 PM
Man I remember going to keg parties every weekend in high school and college. Thank God I don't go to school now in today's police state. 90 breath tests?

I applaud the kids for sticking it to the man!

GAC
03-30-2008, 06:35 PM
Didn't anyone there tell them it was root beer in the keg? Yeah, yeah, I know, kids will say anything; but didn't the cops check the content of the keg?

WMR
03-30-2008, 06:37 PM
Nerds!!!!!!!

GoReds33
03-30-2008, 06:38 PM
If I was the cop I would have given up after about 10 tests. That's hilarious that the kids did this.

reds44
03-30-2008, 06:52 PM
Did anybody else open this thread expecting to find out crack was in the keg or something like that? Good to hear a positive news story for once.

Chip R
03-30-2008, 06:54 PM
On a related note, I bet the cops were pissed when they found out it wasn't beer.

I'll bet they were.

KronoRed
03-30-2008, 07:02 PM
Arrest em anyway, I hate parking space thieves.

GAC
03-30-2008, 07:15 PM
Did anybody else open this thread expecting to find out crack was in the keg or something like that? Good to hear a positive news story for once.

The crack was in the back room of the house, with all the rest of the kids.

Who then needs alcohol? :p:

Caseyfan21
03-30-2008, 11:21 PM
Man I remember going to keg parties every weekend in high school and college. Thank God I don't go to school now in today's police state. 90 breath tests?

I applaud the kids for sticking it to the man!

Amen, that's absolutely hilarious....reminds me of another joke:

Recently, a routine police patrol was parked outside a local neighborhood bar in Ohio.

Late in the evening, the officer noticed a man leaving the bar so intoxicated that he could barely walk. The man stumbled around the parking lot for a few minutes with the officer quietly watching.

After what seemed an eternity and trying his keys on five different vehicles, the man managed to find his own car which he fell into. He was there for a few minutes as a number of other patrons left the bar and drove off. Finally, he started his car, switched the wipers on and off (it was a dry night), flicked the hazard flasher on and off, tooted the horn and then switched on the lights. He moved the vehicle forward a few inches, reversed a little and then remained stationary for a few more minutes as more patrons left in their vehicles.

At last he pulled out of the parking lot and started to drive slowly down the street.

The police officer having patiently waited all this time, now started up his patrol car, put on the flashing lights, promptly pulled the man over and carried out a breathalyser test.

To his amazement the breathalyser indicated no evidence that the man consumed alcohol at all!

Dumbfounded, the officer said "I'll have to ask you to accompany me to the police station. This breathalyser equipment must be broken."

"I doubt it," said the man. "Tonight I'm the designated decoy."

BoydsOfSummer
03-30-2008, 11:25 PM
I wonder if any of them ran like hell when the cops came...you know to really sell it...

Razor Shines
03-31-2008, 01:29 AM
Amen, that's absolutely hilarious....reminds me of another joke:

Recently, a routine police patrol was parked outside a local neighborhood bar in Ohio.

Late in the evening, the officer noticed a man leaving the bar so intoxicated that he could barely walk. The man stumbled around the parking lot for a few minutes with the officer quietly watching.

After what seemed an eternity and trying his keys on five different vehicles, the man managed to find his own car which he fell into. He was there for a few minutes as a number of other patrons left the bar and drove off. Finally, he started his car, switched the wipers on and off (it was a dry night), flicked the hazard flasher on and off, tooted the horn and then switched on the lights. He moved the vehicle forward a few inches, reversed a little and then remained stationary for a few more minutes as more patrons left in their vehicles.

At last he pulled out of the parking lot and started to drive slowly down the street.

The police officer having patiently waited all this time, now started up his patrol car, put on the flashing lights, promptly pulled the man over and carried out a breathalyser test.

To his amazement the breathalyser indicated no evidence that the man consumed alcohol at all!

Dumbfounded, the officer said "I'll have to ask you to accompany me to the police station. This breathalyser equipment must be broken."

"I doubt it," said the man. "Tonight I'm the designated decoy."

That's a joke? Helping drunk drivers get away doesn't seem that funny to me. It could be just me though.

KronoRed
03-31-2008, 02:58 AM
That's a joke? Helping drunk drivers get away doesn't seem that funny to me. It could be just me though.

Same, not so funny.

Deepred05
03-31-2008, 03:20 AM
Actually, it is illegal for cops to stake out a bar, and pull over the patrons when they leave. At lleast in the states that i have lived in it is.

dougdirt
03-31-2008, 04:00 AM

This guy right here expected there to be some sort of drugs inside of the keg.

Roy Tucker
03-31-2008, 08:18 AM
We get kegs of Virgil's root beer for some of our kids' parties. Roy has been pour a mug.

klw
03-31-2008, 09:47 AM

Well if the officer had been that conerned with public safety, he or she could have approached the person in the parking lot where presubably there were people walking to their cars rather than wait for the person to start operating on the road. (This story presumes that the parking lot is not a public way though most states will say that it is.)

Degenerate39
03-31-2008, 12:10 PM

As soon as I read the title I thought it would be cocaine in the kegs.

Caseyfan21
03-31-2008, 01:57 PM

Sorry if that offended anyone. Everyone that I've ever told or heard it from thought it was hilarious. It wasn't meant to be a statement on helping drunk driving, it was just meant to a little humor. I just took it at face value and didn't try to think about it deeper.

Razor Shines
03-31-2008, 07:30 PM
Sorry if that offended anyone. Everyone that I've ever told or heard it from thought it was hilarious. It wasn't meant to be a statement on helping drunk driving, it was just meant to a little humor. I just took it at face value and didn't try to think about it deeper.

I'm not offended it just doesn't seem funny. I guess I'm a little uncertain as to whether the idea is the joke or the actual act of fooling the cops is the joke. I took it as you know people who have done that and thought that it was funny, but apparently that's not the case.

Caseyfan21
03-31-2008, 09:47 PM
I'm not offended it just doesn't seem funny. I guess I'm a little uncertain as to whether the idea is the joke or the actual act of fooling the cops is the joke. I took it as you know people who have done that and thought that it was funny, but apparently that's not the case.

No, not at all. I just heard the joke in an email from my grandma (of all people). I thought the joke taken at face value was funny and was related slightly to this story so I thought a few people might get a chuckle out of it. Apparently that wasn't the case and I apologize.

*BaseClogger*
03-31-2008, 09:51 PM
I tittered...