PDA

View Full Version : Before the game plans

OldRightHander
03-30-2008, 05:02 PM
Well, I made it back in town from Wichita and I'm going to be in attendance tomorrow for the game. I was wondering about plans anyone else might have for before the game. I'm probably going to hang around Fountain Square and watch some of the parade before heading over to GABP.

redsmetz
03-30-2008, 05:05 PM
I'm picking up my daughter about 10:15 or so, come down and watch the parade. My wife's catching a ride with one of the attorneys in her office and then we're meeting at Javier's for lunch before the game.

HumnHilghtFreel
03-31-2008, 12:30 AM
I'm going to be getting off on a bad foot for the first day back to school and skipping my last class of the day to hurry home and watch. Life is all about priorities ;)

*BaseClogger*
03-31-2008, 12:31 AM
I'm going to be getting off on a bad foot for the first day back to school and skipping my last class of the day to hurry home and watch. Life is all about priorities ;)

:thumbup: It's exams week for me

Buckeye33
03-31-2008, 02:11 AM
:thumbup: It's exams week for me

Is that why you aren't responding to fantasy trades? ;)

Jpup
03-31-2008, 04:49 AM
Sitting at the house, eating pizza, drinking Bud, & watching baseball all day long until I can't hold my eyes open.

Ltlabner
03-31-2008, 06:08 AM
My father is picking me up at 8:00am. We're heading downtown for breakfast at First Watch. Then we'll head down to the stadium to hang out until the game starts. Prob check out the hall of fame if it's open.

Raisor
03-31-2008, 08:57 AM
Best thing about being RIFed is that I get to watch all the games today. Bad thing is that I've got dish and can't see the Reds.

Thinking about going to the local wings place to see if they are showing it.

OldRightHander
03-31-2008, 09:35 AM
I grabbed one of these ten hour meters by the Travelodge in Newport and I think I'll sit here for about an hour before I start the meter. Then I'll probably walk over to Fountain Square and catch some of the parade.

This is by far the most expensive Opening Day I've ever attended. The ticket cost me $50 from a broker, deadheading from Wichita to Cincinnati because I couldn't find a load cost me $190 in fuel, and I just passed up a $600 load out of Cincinnati because it was picking up at 11:00 this morning and was too time sensitive to wait until after the game. My wife is extremely happy with all of that.

redsrule2500
03-31-2008, 09:44 AM
I'll be in class for 3 hours leading up to the game...but not during the game, that's all that matters!

*BaseClogger*
03-31-2008, 10:20 AM
Is that why you aren't responding to fantasy trades? ;)

Can't make up my mind on that one... :)