PDA

View Full Version : Washington's New Park

Degenerate39
03-30-2008, 08:46 PM
Just hit the 2nd double in Washington's new ballpark and has the 2nd RBI in the new ballpark. Keep it up Austin and have a good year! :)

But onto the topic. I really like this new ballpark. It kind of reminds me of PNC Park. This is becoming one of my favorite NL Ballparks.

robmadden1
03-30-2008, 08:50 PM
I saw the spring training game with Baltimore last night it looked really nice even last night. I hated the damn idiots in the stands tonight booing Bush as he threw out ther first pitch in between the cheering as I was watching on ESPN.

Rounding Third
03-30-2008, 08:51 PM
There was a ton of space in foul territory. Guzman got 2 bases before Teixera even got to the ball.

smoke6
03-30-2008, 09:49 PM
On Baseball Tonight they said the Jumbotron is HD. That's cool.

Rounding Third
03-30-2008, 09:51 PM

Yeah I saw that, it must have cost a pretty penny.

George Foster
03-30-2008, 10:03 PM
I'd say by the middle of June, you will be able to set wherever you want too. A new ball park will only take you so far. You have to have a good team for people to come and watch. Just ask the pirates and their new park...a lot of empty seats.

Degenerate39
03-30-2008, 10:48 PM
Nice way to end the game Zimmerman. I'm glad the Nats won just because they played my rival team the Braves. That's the only time I'll root for the Nats.

goreds2
03-30-2008, 11:16 PM
There was a ton of space in foul territory. Guzman got 2 bases before Teixera even got to the ball.

Does it look like it has more foul ground than Oaklands?

DannyB
03-31-2008, 10:52 AM

Doesnt that make it a Jimbotron?:shocked:

Rounding Third
03-31-2008, 11:01 AM
Nice way to end the game Zimmerman. I'm glad the Nats won just because they played my rival team the Braves. That's the only time I'll root for the Nats.

What a way to end, great game to watch. Game is tied up by a passed ball and then a walkoff homer to win it.

Does it look like it has more foul ground than Oaklands?

I don't know, probably not. But there was a TON of room.

smoke6
03-31-2008, 11:02 AM
Doesnt that make it a Jimbotron?:shocked:

Huh? :D You mean like JimBowdentron?

TheBigLebowski
03-31-2008, 11:07 AM
I liked the park...wasn't blown away by it but I did think it was nice.

I'd love to get a look at an HD jumbotron...

elfmanvt07
03-31-2008, 11:36 AM
I'm still on the fence as to how I feel about some of the newer parks. It seems that designers make strange outfield fence lines just for the sake of it. It looked like a 4 year old drew it.

bounty37h
03-31-2008, 11:48 AM
I saw the spring training game with Baltimore last night it looked really nice even last night. I hated the damn idiots in the stands tonight booing Bush as he threw out ther first pitch in between the cheering as I was watching on ESPN.

Booing was great I thought, and well deserved, as a) its Bush and he's the idiot, and B), fans had to wait an extra couple hours to get into the game due to extra security for him to be there-took over 2 hours to get through the gates for metal detectors, etc.

Boston Red
03-31-2008, 11:56 AM
To make this non-partisan, I think all President's should skip sporting events while in the Oval Office. When Bill Clinton went to the Final Four to see Arkansas win it all, he also created a huge hassle for the rest of the fans.

smoke6
03-31-2008, 11:56 AM
Booing was great I thought, and well deserved, as a) its Bush and he's the idiot, and B), fans had to wait an extra couple hours to get into the game due to extra security for him to be there-took over 2 hours to get through the gates for metal detectors, etc.

A) Regardless on your opinion of GWB, he's the President. It's called respect.

B)Standing in line for 2 hours beats being in the hospital or dead with scrapnel in your butt because a terrorist decided to take advantage a public appearance by GWB.

IMO

bounty37h
03-31-2008, 12:04 PM
A) SO what? Those same rights we fight for allow us to boo if we choose as well.
B) WTF do terrorists have to do with baseball? I agree with previous poster, he shouldnt have even been there in the first place.

smoke6
03-31-2008, 12:12 PM
A) SO what? Those same rights we fight for allow us to boo if we choose as well.
B) WTF do terrorists have to do with baseball? I agree with previous poster, he shouldnt have even been there in the first place.

A president ALWAYS throws out the 1st pitch on Opening Day in Washington. If someone wanted to make a statement it would have been a good time to do it. You can't be that naive.

Did I say people didn't have the right to boo? No. I've had family members die for that right. There is a difference between freedom and being a douch.:thumbup:

redlegsmustache
03-31-2008, 12:14 PM
I like it, I even like the huge foul territory. But I don't understand the random patch of grass in the outfield. Almost every park has it, and their is something useful for the ballpark under that grass (ground crew storage?). But to me even at GABP the random patch of grass elevated above the field in center it strange.

A president ALWAYS throws out the 1st pitch on Opening Day in Washington.

He threw it at Cincy a few years back...

smoke6
03-31-2008, 12:25 PM
I like it, I even like the huge foul territory. But I don't understand the random patch of grass in the outfield. Almost every park has it, and their is something useful for the ballpark under that grass (ground crew storage?). But to me even at GABP the random patch of grass elevated above the field in center it strange.

He threw it at Cincy a few years back...

I think it was 06. I found an article that Chaney threw out the 1st pitch in DC that year. It says he was booed. :D

Rounding Third
03-31-2008, 12:43 PM
He was throwing out the first pitch because it was the stadiums opening. It has happened a few times because of that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ceremonial_first_pitch

EddieMilner
03-31-2008, 12:56 PM
But I don't understand the random patch of grass in the outfield. Almost every park has it, and their is something useful for the ballpark under that grass (ground crew storage?). But to me even at GABP the random patch of grass elevated above the field in center it strange.

The grass in centerfield is because there can't be any seats behind the pitcher, that could possibly distract the batter (i think thats why they do it). A lot of the new stadiums have decided to have grass out there.

redlegsmustache
03-31-2008, 05:12 PM
The grass in centerfield is because there can't be any seats behind the pitcher, that could possibly distract the batter (i think thats why they do it). A lot of the new stadiums have decided to have grass out there.

A lot of batters complain about the riverboat deck at GABP, and how the sun reflects off of its white surface. But they still haven't done anything about it. This could explain the losing season last year. :D

XU Lou
04-01-2008, 11:10 AM
A lot of batters complain about the riverboat deck at GABP, and how the sun reflects off of its white surface. But they still haven't done anything about it. This could explain the losing season last year. :D

Yeah, and that makes GABP a pitcher's park as well!;)

justincredible
04-01-2008, 03:35 PM
I will be heading to the park in May when the Nats play the Brewers. Looked like a pretty nice ball park on tv.