PDA

View Full Version : ESPN "Experts" MLB Season Picks

EddieMilner
03-31-2008, 09:53 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/preview08/news/story?page=08expertpicks

Not one (of the almost 20 "experts") have the reds winning the wild card or the central.

Not one has Aaron Harang as the Cy Young winner.

Five pick Johnny Cueto as the ROY
Three Pick Jay Bruce as ROY.

While I think this will be a good year, I do think the Reds are a year away (but I hope I am wrong). However it can't boast well for the Cubs to have almost every single ESPN talking head pick them to win the Central (2 have the Brewers winning the central). Heres to hoping the young guys can put it together for 162 games, and the old guys can do the same.

elfmanvt07
03-31-2008, 10:22 AM
For a team that everyone says is only a little better than the division, the Cubs are almost a unanimous pick across the board. On the front page MLB article on ESPN - MLB, they preview all the divisions. Most entries are about 8 lines long. This is what they have for the Central.

NL Central
• How do the Cubs not win this division?
• Who else is capable of beating them?

Pardon me, but what makes them so awesome? I really don't see them winning more than 86 or 88 games. I honestly feel that's reachable by both the Reds and the Beermakers. I think both teams will surprise a lot of "experts" this year.

elfmanvt07
03-31-2008, 10:25 AM
Another thing. There are a lot of people saying they could go to the SERIES.

The SERIES!

THAT series!

They might be the 4th best team in the NL, but it's probably more like 5 or 6. Heck, 3 teams in the East are probably going to be better than the Cubbies, not to mention the west, which has produced a "sleeper" the last few years.

Rounding Third
03-31-2008, 11:00 AM
I see so many "experts" picking the Cubs not just to win the central, but to go to the World Series. And not just get there, but to win it.

There are 3 teams in the NL East I would take over the Cubs. The Cubs could win the division, but still probably only be the 10th best team in baseball.