PDA

View Full Version : 4'th of July?

bounty37h
03-31-2008, 04:51 PM
Hi guys-
my wife and I are planning a vacation for this summer, and wanting to wrap it around a Reds game or few. I have never been to a game in Cincy, so trying to make the trip revolve around that if possible, but might have to just see them on the road. How are games attendance wise for July fourth games in Cincy? I know many factors also-who playing, weather, etc, but in general, are the games on the 4'th packed out?

redhawk61
03-31-2008, 04:57 PM
I wouldn't say packed but it can get pretty full. maybe 33K(42K seats) Also take into account how well the team is doing if they are winning it will be packed

redlegsmustache
03-31-2008, 05:01 PM
Hi guys-
my wife and I are planning a vacation for this summer, and wanting to wrap it around a Reds game or few. I have never been to a game in Cincy, so trying to make the trip revolve around that if possible, but might have to just see them on the road. How are games attendance wise for July fourth games in Cincy? I know many factors also-who playing, weather, etc, but in general, are the games on the 4'th packed out?

I went on July 3rd last year. The attendance for that game was 38,000 which was the highest of all the games I went to, Almost double the normal attendance of all the games I went to. Its busy on those days. But last year they had a firework show after the game. The ballpark holds 42,059 so it was a lot of people. Depends on where you sit really. I have pictures if your curious to as to what it might look like. I went to see the fireworkds after game as much as I went to see the reds win. We were also playing The Giants, and Barry Bonds did play. So I think that brought a lot of people.

Just let me know, and I will post them. Most important thing is get to the game early. Gates open 2 hours early. That should help you beat everyone... most...some people

namichael
04-01-2008, 08:30 AM
I've went several games over the weekend of the 4th festivities in Cincy. I really enjoy it and the fireworks show that the city puts on is really enjoyable. And in Newport they are usually having something going on down on the levee. Makes for a nice weekend.

mroby85
04-01-2008, 10:42 AM
they're playing the washington nationals, because we have tickets for that game, (only reason i knew that) I don't see them drawing a crowd, but if the reds are playin well, im sure it will be a nice draw.

bounty37h
04-01-2008, 02:31 PM
Thanks for the help guys, it will help us make a decision. I live near the Durham Bulls in NC, as I have mentioned many times before I am sure, and try my hardest to avoid that place on the 4'th, as it is overrun with families and kids, most of whom have no interest in the game going on during their playground time. I want to avoid that, which is why I was asking about that weekend, if peeps stick around and go to games, or head out of town and avoid the stadium, and I move in hoping to find a smaller crowd, but doubted it would work that well for me. Redsmustache, would love to see the pics if you can post em or send along a link, thanks!

BearcatShane
04-01-2008, 03:12 PM
July 4th is on a Friday. It's gonna be sold out.

bounty37h
04-01-2008, 03:46 PM
Bearcat, thanks for that, I hadnt even noticed. Yup, will avoid that one :) Think I might just go to Pit instead to catch the Reds, with small crowd and even smaller Reds crowd ;)