PDA

View Full Version : If you want a Reds day off treat.....

red-in-la
04-01-2008, 09:22 PM
Since the MLB EI Preview makes the game free to anybody with a dish or cable, treat yourself and tune into the Colorodo at St. Louis game.

It is Josh Fogg against......Kyle Lohse.

Get the Cards feed. The Cards announcers are doing their best to bad mouth Fogg all the while Lohse is doing his high wire act on the other side. When Fogg is on the mound, the announcers sound like Clinton political pundits talking about Obama.....no kidding.

While Lohse is on the mound, the announcers are trying to paint Lohse as Cy Young incarnate.

redsrule2500
04-01-2008, 09:23 PM
Fogg?!?

mth123
04-01-2008, 09:23 PM
Josh Fogg????

WMR
04-01-2008, 09:25 PM
Was Josh Fogg involved in a human cloning project?

redsrule2500
04-01-2008, 09:26 PM
I hardly think that seeing Lohse two hitting the Rockies through 5 is an "off day treat" anyway :(

TOBTTReds
04-01-2008, 09:28 PM
Josh Fogg...Kip Wells...eh same difference.

HumnHilghtFreel
04-01-2008, 09:31 PM
My off day treat will be watching Hamilton in the Rangers game at 10

BuckeyeRedleg
Lohse with a shutout through 5.

5 IP
3 H
3 BB
3 K

remdog
That's Kip Wells, not Fogg.

Good grief man! You're watching the game and you can't even get the players correct?

I've never put any faith in your ability to analize a game but after this....!!

Rem

BuckeyeRedleg
04-01-2008, 09:33 PM
LOL. I always got Fogg and Wells mixed up as well.

red-in-la
04-01-2008, 09:41 PM

Good grief man! You're watching the game and you can't even get the players correct?

Rem

Thanks Captain Obvious......I made a mistake OK. I am working, switch back and forth between the game and Hannity/Commes and trying to get the post up quickly.

But I do mix these guys up all the time.....so I am sorry for the goof.

OnBaseMachine
04-01-2008, 09:45 PM
Did Lohse get injured or something? He was pulled after five shutout innings and threw only 74 pitches. Anyway, looks like the good Lohse showed up tonight. Expect him to allow five runs next time out.

blumj
04-01-2008, 09:53 PM
Wells is kind of cute, Fogg not so much.

RBA
04-01-2008, 10:27 PM

Struck out in top of first. Also let an easy fly ball drop in front of him in bottom of first.

redsrule2500
04-01-2008, 11:08 PM

Is it bad I'm rooting hardcore against him? lol

Struck out again!!!!!!1

HumnHilghtFreel
04-01-2008, 11:08 PM
Struck out in top of first. Also let an easy fly ball drop in front of him in bottom of first.

K'ed looking in his second AB as well. Not a good day for the Hambone.

OnBaseMachine
04-01-2008, 11:15 PM
The Cardinals lost 2-1. The Brewers and Pirates are the only teams in the NL Central to win their season openers.

redsrule2500
04-02-2008, 12:09 AM
Everyday Eddie warming up for the Rangers! ha....

Sea Ray
04-02-2008, 12:24 AM
I prefer spending my Reds off day listening to Vin Scully. In that game 3rd base coach Larry Bowa got thrown out for blowing a gasket at the 3rd base umpire over being told to stand in the 3rd base coach's box. He really got hot like we all know Bowa can. His uniform was coming off while being restrained.

Big Klu
04-02-2008, 03:43 PM
Josh Fogg...Kip Wells...eh same difference.

Rem

LOL. I always got Fogg and Wells mixed up as well.

Thanks Captain Obvious......I made a mistake OK. I am working, switch back and forth between the game and Hannity/Commes and trying to get the post up quickly.

It's an honest mistake. Kip Wells and Josh Fogg were both members of the Pirates rotation five years ago, so that's probably where the confusion is coming from. Plus, they both have short, one-syllable first and last names.

remdog
04-02-2008, 03:58 PM
It's an honest mistake. Kip Wells and Josh Fogg were both members of the Pirates rotation five years ago, so that's probably where the confusion is coming from. Plus, they both have short, one-syllable first and last names.

OK. The guy is watching the game on TV and gives a detailed report about what the announcers are saying. And, in all that time, he doesn't distinguish between the names Wells and Fogg? (syallables and previous teams not withstanding) He's also watching and frequently can read the name on the back of the uni. That does question his reading comprehension. On top of that, he apparently is in a rush to post this to the board. Why? This has little relevance to Redszone and it's doubtful that anyone else is in a hurry to beat him to this 'scoop'.

Couple that with the statement that Volquez needs to win the Cy Young award to make the Hamilton trade equal (another thread) and the logical person has to wonder what this guy is smoking. I know I'll be giving him a lot of cred....

Rem

red-in-la
04-02-2008, 04:40 PM
OK. The guy is watching the game on TV and gives a detailed report about what the announcers are saying. And, in all that time, he doesn't distinguish between the names Wells and Fogg? (syallables and previous teams not withstanding) He's also watching and frequently can read the name on the back of the uni. That does question his reading comprehension. On top of that, he apparently is in a rush to post this to the board. Why? This has little relevance to Redszone and it's doubtful that anyone else is in a hurry to beat him to this 'scoop'.

Couple that with the statement that Volquez needs to win the Cy Young award to make the Hamilton trade equal (another thread) and the logical person has to wonder what this guy is smoking. I know I'll be giving him a lot of cred....

Rem

Remdog you have been giving me crap since the old Cincinnati.com days (IIRC). You take almost every chance you get to take personal shots at me. The Mods have never seemed to care that you can't get off this personal BS you shovel every now and then in my direction.

I am not going to become suddenly stupid just because you want to attack me every chance you get. I don't give a flying leap what you care about me or my smarts or whatever.

Just stop being a jerk in my direction.....:D

Chip R
04-02-2008, 04:42 PM
Remdog you have been giving me crap since the old Cincinnati.com days (IIRC). You take almost every chance you get to take personal shots at me. The Mods have never seemed to care that you can't get off this personal BS you shovel every now and then in my direction.

I am not going to become suddenly stupid just because you want to attack me every chance you get. I don't give a flying leap what you care about me or my smarts or whatever.

Just stop being a jerk in my direction.....:D

You two take it private.

Matt700wlw
04-02-2008, 04:44 PM

And they're both average on a good day.

BuckeyeRedleg
04-02-2008, 04:47 PM
This is somewhat ironic.

Not only have I always gotten Kip Wells and Josh Fogg mixed up, but I always gotten rem and red-in-la confused as well.

No kidding.

*BaseClogger*
04-02-2008, 04:55 PM
This is somewhat ironic.

Not only have I always gotten Kip Wells and Josh Fogg mixed up, but I always gotten rem and red-in-la confused as well.

No kidding.

:laugh:

OnBaseMachine
04-02-2008, 05:01 PM
but I always gotten rem and red-in-la confused as well.

No kidding.

I always thought they were brothers. :dunno:

;)

red-in-la
04-02-2008, 05:14 PM
I always thought they were brothers. :dunno:

;)

It is funny you say this, because I think our personal differences began most innocently......remdog and I live very close to each other in Orange County. And rem is a very astute baseball fan,not just of the Reds but of the entire game. We are also almost the same age and so our experiences and the timeframe we cover are very similar.

When we first realized we lived so close, rem invited me to get together for a drink and talk baseball. I didn't mean to, but I rebiffed his invitation in a manner that I think cause offense. Message Board were very new to me and at the time, it just startled me a bit to make contact in that manner with a potential friend.

Remdog reached out to me and I think I screwed it up. I have always been very sorry for that.

So in a way, I have tended to try to stay away from the attacks because I actually think I started the whole head-butting thing.

Add to that that rem is very passionate about the game, and very smart. I wouldn't pretend to be able to stand toes to toes with him in any debate.....so, I am sure there are times when he thinks, "geez, here this clown goes again."

Anyway, I apologize to the board that I let remdog get such a rise out of me now and then. Sometimes I think I just can't help it and I also think maybe rem is really enjoying kicking my cage.

We maybe could have been "brothers" (good baeball buddies) if I had handled our first encounter in a better manner than I did. So I find it ironic that you say you thought we were brothers.

Sea Ray
04-02-2008, 05:31 PM
I don't see anything personal about any of this. Josh Fogg, being a newer Red, has been talked about extensively on this board and this thread began with a 100 plus word post in which Fogg was mentioned several times as pitching for another team. The fact that all this went on without being caught by its author is...troubling.

If it were me I'd laugh it off and say "yeah, I was brain dead" and move on.

red-in-la
04-02-2008, 05:47 PM
I don't see anything personal about any of this. Josh Fogg, being a newer Red, has been talked about extensively on this board and this thread began with a 100 plus word post in which Fogg was mentioned several times as pitching for another team. The fact that all this went on without being caught by its author is...troubling.

If it were me I'd laugh it off and say "yeah, I was brain dead" and move on.

You caught the essence.....major brain cramp on my part......:eek: