PDA

View Full Version : 8th inning again

redsupport
04-03-2008, 03:01 PM
weathers nice

fielder's choice
04-03-2008, 03:07 PM
Nice job by Lincoln to get a sac fly and a strikeout. Nice job by Dusty getting Weathers out of there. I really hope he is not the setup man much longer.

fugowitribe
04-03-2008, 03:20 PM
I know this is only from one bad game, but was Weathers really that good last year, or was he just a lesser of the evils that was our bullpen?

Red in Atl
04-03-2008, 03:24 PM
I know this is only from one bad game, but was Weathers really that good last year, or was he just a lesser of the evils that was our bullpen?

I personally believe Weathers was real lucky last year a lot of the time. He was coming into games after all the pitchers before him had gotten beaten up pretty bad. It just seems like since he was the veteran and really the only hope, teams may have let up a bit as to not totally embarrass the Reds any further.

I'm just glad that he is not the closer.

mlbfan30
04-03-2008, 03:25 PM
Weathers only has 1 pitch, the slider. If he doesn't have control over that pitch, then he should have a very quick hook.

Baker managed the bullpen fine today. There's really nothing you can get mad at except Weathers.

_Sir_Charles_
04-03-2008, 03:26 PM

Yes, a very good description of Weathers last year. Everyone seems to be raving about the job he did last year. But seriously, he wasn't that impressive. He was an average pitcher for us last year. It's just that in comparison to the others...he looked fantastic. Personally, I was REALLY hoping we would've traded him while the hype was so high for him. Oh well. He's still certainly better than some of the other options we had.

SoTxRedsFan
04-03-2008, 03:39 PM
The Reds' have some decent options in the 8th inning. Baker might have been 1 batter too late with the hook (if stormy's slider isn't working he's in trouble), but we got the win.

bubbachunk
04-03-2008, 05:53 PM
one run

Lockdwn11
04-03-2008, 06:12 PM
The difference between this year and last year is it was only one run and not eight!

TheBigLebowski
04-03-2008, 06:18 PM
Stormy is a very useful bullpen arm. He is not a closer - never really was - but he can be an effective pitcher. Just didn't have the control today.

Mutaman
04-03-2008, 06:26 PM
Weathers will be fine. He's a veteran and he knows how to pitch. He had a bad outing, it happens to everyone. He's not a closer, but he makes a nice setup man.

jmac
04-03-2008, 10:39 PM
The difference between this year and last year is it was only one run and not eight!

:thumbup:

goreds2
04-04-2008, 07:17 AM
Weathers will be fine. He's a veteran and he knows how to pitch. He had a bad outing, it happens to everyone. He's not a closer, but he makes a nice setup man.

AGREED