PDA

View Full Version : Imus

MaineRed
04-03-2008, 10:27 PM
Anyone into the Imus program? I recently got a DVR and now don't miss a minute.

I know there is a good number of degenerates who listen to Howard Stern but I could care less about that slug so please save your breath.

I have gotten the feeling in the past that Ohio isn't Imus country but I thought I would throw it out there.

Anyone?

WMR
04-03-2008, 10:41 PM
Nowhere in the United States is Imus country. Just check his ratings.

Caveat Emperor
04-03-2008, 10:46 PM
I used to listen to Don Imus religiously when I was in high school. He (along, with Willie) is responsible for getting me into listening to non-sports talk radio.

I'll always be an I-fan.

roundboy22
04-04-2008, 03:35 PM
Vivian Stringer catches every show.;)

marcshoe
04-04-2008, 03:41 PM
When I've listened in the past he's seemed a bit too inside baseball for me. I got the idea he was talking to a select audience and I wasn't part of it.

Blimpie
04-04-2008, 04:04 PM
All Stern listeners are degenerates?

How ironic....it was by making the same such rash generalizations that Imus finally was exposed for what he was...a no-talent hack who was able to book some intriguing guests.

Sounds like he has passed the torch nicely.

Puffy
04-04-2008, 04:22 PM
I know there is a good number of degenerates who listen to Howard Stern but I could care less about that slug so please save your breath.

Degenerates? Slug? Well, at least you used the word please.

You are always such a nice, classy guy :rolleyes:

deltachi8
04-04-2008, 05:44 PM
Anyone into the Imus program? I recently got a DVR and now don't miss a minute.

I have gotten the feeling in the past that Ohio isn't Imus country but I thought I would throw it out there.

Anyone?

That post alone makes me not want to listen to Imus more.

MaineRed
04-05-2008, 10:23 PM
Funny that fans of a man who spends time interviewing crack *****s take everything said on a message board so seriously. Step back and take a deep breath.

I said a good number of degernates listen to Howard Stern but the comment patrol has turned that into me saying that anyone who listens to Howard Stern is a degenerate. There is a difference. But I know message boards are like my wife, its not what I say but how someone takes what I say. From lessons learned with her, I am sorry.

The last thing I was trying to be when discussing Stern was classy. Is Stern classy? Are people who support his interviews with strippers where he ask to see their breast classy? To me that is much more demeaning of women than anything Imus has said or done.

MaineRed
04-05-2008, 10:28 PM
Nowhere in the United States is Imus country. Just check his ratings.

Check the attendance at Reds games. Apparently Cincinnati isn't even Reds country judging by your logic.

Blimpie
04-06-2008, 12:58 PM
Check the attendance at Reds games. Apparently Cincinnati isn't even Reds country judging by your logic.I think that soemthing was lost something in your translation of WilyMo's quote... Either that, or you just chose a poor analogy.

People are not listening to/watching Imus because they are listening to/watching other programs that entertain them to a greater extent (like Stern if you believe Arbitron ratings).

The only way your analogy about the Reds would apply would be if there were another MLB franchise located in Cincinnati and that team sold out every home game.

sonny
04-06-2008, 04:24 PM
I think that soemthing was lost something in your translation of WilyMo's quote... Either that, or you just chose a poor analogy.

People are not listening to/watching Imus because they are listening to/watching other programs that entertain them to a greater extent (like Stern if you believe Arbitron ratings).

The only way your analogy about the Reds would apply would be if there were another MLB franchise located in Cincinnati and that team sold out every home game.

Ooh, BURN!
http://www.odessastreet.net/images/KELSO_02-thumb.gif

WMR
04-06-2008, 08:05 PM
I think that soemthing was lost something in your translation of WilyMo's quote... Either that, or you just chose a poor analogy.

http://i25.tinypic.com/1t4x2u.gif

Blimpie
04-06-2008, 08:23 PM
nm

Highlifeman21
04-06-2008, 08:55 PM
Stern > Imus, IMO.

RBA
04-06-2008, 10:14 PM
I hoping with the merger of XM/Sirius I will be able to get Stern too.

Yachtzee
04-06-2008, 10:32 PM
I hoping with the merger of XM/Sirius I will be able to get Stern too.

I looked at a merger proposal someone posted online at xmfan.com and it looks like, even after the merger, if you want stuff like having both Howard and O & A or both MLB and NFL, it might be best to just buy two radios with two subscriptions. I saw the $25.90 price, which is the price of two subscriptions at $12.95, only gets you all of one and only the "best" 10 or 11 channels from the other. Those "best" 10 or 11 may or may not include premium channels like Stern or The Virus, but they certainly won't include play-by-play sports channels. So until they come out with a dual receiver that can get all of both, it's better to just get two radios.

wolfboy
04-07-2008, 04:46 PM
I looked at a merger proposal someone posted online at xmfan.com and it looks like, even after the merger, if you want stuff like having both Howard and O & A or both MLB and NFL, it might be best to just buy two radios with two subscriptions. I saw the $25.90 price, which is the price of two subscriptions at $12.95, only gets you all of one and only the "best" 10 or 11 channels from the other. Those "best" 10 or 11 may or may not include premium channels like Stern or The Virus, but they certainly won't include play-by-play sports channels. So until they come out with a dual receiver that can get all of both, it's better to just get two radios.

Do you have a link to the post on xmfan.com? My thanks in advance.

WMR
04-07-2008, 04:50 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sirius/XM_Merger

Good info here.

Yachtzee
04-07-2008, 05:52 PM
Do you have a link to the post on xmfan.com? My thanks in advance.

http://www.xmfan.com/viewtopic.php?t=90697&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

Look for a post by derek1079. In rereading it, the price for getting all of XM and best of Sirius will only be $16.99, but it will still only be about 10 channels and it looks like those channels will be chosen by XM/Sirius, not by the customer. That also means no play-by-play channels.

MaineRed
04-08-2008, 09:43 PM
Still waiting for an answer on how someone can listen to Howard Stern and then preach to others about class?

Puffy?