SP: Chris Young
SP: Fausto Carmona
SP: Erik Bedard
SP: Rich Harden

RP: Jeremy Accardo TOR
RP: George Sherrill BALT
RP: Troy Percival TAMPA
RP: Joe Borowski CLEVE

My starters are decently strong, as you can see my bullpen is pretty week. These are my current closers, and the following is a list of free agent closers I could pick up. What would you do?

FREE AGENTS:

Nationals Chad Cordero (DL) *just dropped him
Marlins Kevin Gregg
Brewers Eric Gagne
Giants Brian Wilson
Arizona Brandon Lyon *just dropped him
Texas C.J. Wilson
Nationals Jon Rauch *temporary closer

NorrisHopper30
04-06-2008, 08:40 PM
I'd pick up CJ Wilson, he's a solid closer and Texas might win a couple ball games this year.

Gainesville Red
04-08-2008, 02:30 AM
See if you can find out what's going on with K-Rod, and who closes for LAA if he goes down for any significant time.

Stephenk29
04-08-2008, 05:22 PM
Wilson would be a solid pick up. I think Lyon will get out of his funk too. Personally I think closers are overrated. They really only affect one stat - saves. There are tons of Joe Schmos out there that can get you that.

HumnHilghtFreel
04-09-2008, 05:27 PM
Wilson would be a solid pick up. I think Lyon will get out of his funk too. Personally I think closers are overrated. They really only affect one stat - saves. There are tons of Joe Schmos out there that can get you that.

I agree with the last part. In all my leagues I usually concede the save category and draft more SP.

HotCorner
04-10-2008, 03:25 PM
I would recommend the following setup men before selecting any of the above mentioned options (unless SAVES is a dire need).

Carlos Marmol, CHC
Jonathan Broxton, LAD
Heath Bell, SD

These guys will get you the occasional win or save while posting great ERA, whip and K numbers.

mlbfan30
04-10-2008, 06:24 PM
I would recommend the following setup men before selecting any of the above mentioned options (unless SAVES is a dire need).

Carlos Marmol, CHC
Jonathan Broxton, LAD
Heath Bell, SD

These guys will get you the occasional win or save while posting great ERA, whip and K numbers.

I'm assuming this is a H2H league, so while these guys are very valuable in Roto, not so much H2H unless you've built a strategy where you give up on W/K and try to win ERA/WHIP and maybe SV every week. With that plan you would have drafted heavy on offense so you'd win that everytime and usually win the matchup every week.

In this case the extra high ERA isn't going to hurt as much, so I'd go for whoever will get the most saves. Gregg and Wilson are good much better than percivel. I would pick Cordero right back up when he gets back.

Accardo will split time very soon, so he's expendable when that happens. Bowoski might suck, but he'll get the saves so its fine. Perciival should be cut now for Gregg/cj Wilson. Sherril is very solid.

bianchiveloce
04-11-2008, 11:08 AM
I'd go get C.J. Wilson as quick as you can and drop Borowski. Or, trade for the set up guy in Cleveland - Rafael Betancourt.