PDA

View Full Version : Pitching matchups next week

Benihana
04-08-2008, 11:25 AM
Does anyone know if they are planning on skipping Fogg in the rotation because of Monday's off day?

If so, when is Cueto scheduled to pitch? Tonight, Sunday, and a week from Friday vs. Milwaukee? I'm trying to figure out which game to try and see.

Nugget
04-08-2008, 12:15 PM
According to report Cueto starts tonight and Fogg tomorrow night.

Cyclone792
04-08-2008, 12:21 PM
The Reds normally opt to try to keep Harang on his regular schedule, which means in theory they would skip Fogg and have Harang starting next Tuesday's game in Chicago. Whether that happens or not is anybody's guess, and if does happen we still don't know if they'll insert Fogg someplace else in the rotation.

Here's what I would do ...

April 8: Cueto
April 9: Fogg gets lit up
April 10: Harang
April 11: Volquez
April 12: Arroyo
April 13: Cueto
April 14: off day
April 15: Harang
April 16: Volquez
April 17: Arroyo
April 18: Cueto
April 19: Fogg gets lit up (and I have tickets to that game, go figure)
April 20: Harang
April 21: Volquez
April 22: Arroyo
April 23: Cueto
April 24: Fogg gets lit up

I bolded the home games. The Reds head back on the road April 25, plus it's likely that rotation schedule won't even happen anyway. Either way, if Fogg pitches twice on a seven game homestand then that will be some serious bitterness for anybody attending those games.

Benihana
04-08-2008, 12:29 PM
The Reds normally opt to try to keep Harang on his regular schedule, which means in theory they would skip Fogg and have Harang starting next Tuesday's game in Chicago. Whether that happens or not is anybody's guess, and if does happen we still don't know if they'll insert Fogg someplace else in the rotation.

I bolded the home games. The Reds head back on the road April 25, plus it's likely that rotation schedule won't even happen anyway. Either way, if Fogg pitches twice on a seven game homestand then that will be some serious bitterness for anybody attending those games.

That's exactly my fear. I am going to four games next week (the three in Chicago + the 19th in Cincy) and my fear is that I'm going to miss Cueto. This is compounded with the fact that Cueto is pitching an hour away from me tonight, and I can't go because of some stupid dinner plans. :bang:

fearofpopvol1
04-08-2008, 01:06 PM
I'm going to the game on the 15th and I was dreaded by the fact that Fogg was going to be the pitcher. I really hope Harang is on his regular rest because while I would rather see Cueto/Volquez, Harang is obviously a lot better of an option than Fogg is.

OnBaseMachine
04-08-2008, 01:15 PM

I have tickets to the April 19th Saturday game against the Brewers. The way I figured it, if the rotation stays the way it is now then Cueto will pitch that day. But my fear is what you proposed - that Fogg will somehow start that game. Just my luck.

Matt700wlw
04-08-2008, 03:03 PM
April 19: Fogg gets replaced(and I have tickets to that game, go figure)
April 24: Fogg's replacement

Better :)

medford
04-08-2008, 03:28 PM
While I'm no fan of Fogg, my belief is the Reds will do the following, and I'm not sure I'd argue with it at this point.

Harang pitches on his normal 4 days of rest, then rotation continues from there. This will ultimately help limit the number of total innings Cueto & Volquez throw this season. My guess is that Fogg gets 2-3 more chances to prove that he either deserves more chances to prove that he belongs or proves that he doesn't belong and if Belisle is ready he comes up and takes Josh's place.