PDA

View Full Version : First Reds HD game of the Season TONIGHT!!!

RBA
04-08-2008, 03:52 PM
Can I get a "HELL YEAH!!!!"?

:beerme::beerme::beerme::beerme::beerme:

Matt700wlw
04-08-2008, 03:53 PM
Cueto in crip, clear fashion!

dougdirt
04-08-2008, 04:03 PM
Cueto in crip, clear fashion!

Cueto might be in trouble then if he is a crip since their color is blue and he plays for the Reds.... :D

Cyclone792
04-08-2008, 04:19 PM
I'm just pumped to finally have a weeknight game where I can relax and catch the Reds on TV. Business day specials or road afternoon games during the week are for the birds.

Matt700wlw
04-08-2008, 04:23 PM
Cueto might be in trouble then if he is a crip since their color is blue and he plays for the Reds.... :D

oops :D

WVRedsFan
04-08-2008, 05:04 PM
I'm just pumped to finally have a weeknight game where I can relax and catch the Reds on TV. Business day specials or road afternoon games during the week are for the birds.

Me too. Unfortunately, we'll get the Milwaukee feed on DirecTV and they'll blackout the Cincy gamecast and the local service doesn't have HD, so I sunk.

I'm with you Cyclone. Those weekday day games are just the pits. I was on the road on Monday without my XM radio and only had a distant signal from WLW to listen to the game. it kept coming and going (like everytime they gave the score) and I was going nuts. I finally had to get out my cellular phone to find out what the score was. Sad. We have internet on our phones, but no coverage of the Reds in Southern WV.

Reds1
04-08-2008, 05:11 PM
I've got the DVR ready to roll. 71 games in HD and this is the 1st one. We should be getting a big doss of HD soon. Can't wait to see Cueto.

RBA
04-08-2008, 05:32 PM
Me too. Unfortunately, we'll get the Milwaukee feed on DirecTV and they'll blackout the Cincy gamecast and the local service doesn't have HD, so I sunk.

I'm with you Cyclone. Those weekday day games are just the pits. I was on the road on Monday without my XM radio and only had a distant signal from WLW to listen to the game. it kept coming and going (like everytime they gave the score) and I was going nuts. I finally had to get out my cellular phone to find out what the score was. Sad. We have internet on our phones, but no coverage of the Reds in Southern WV.

From Directv.com

Reds at Brewers (Reds Feed)8:00 pm732 732-1

That's Directv 638 (SD) and 638-1 (HD) if the Reds are your local team.

JaxRed
04-08-2008, 05:40 PM
Friends don't let friends watch SD.

Reds Fanatic
04-08-2008, 05:45 PM
A reminder for all us Time Warner subscribers. FSN Ohio HD is now available on Time Warner. It is channel 768 in Dayton and I believe 968 in Cincinnati

WVRedsFan
04-08-2008, 06:11 PM
From Directv.com

Reds at Brewers (Reds Feed)8:00 pm732 732-1

That's Directv 638 (SD) and 638-1 (HD) if the Reds are your local team.

They aren't. Pittsburgh claimed all of WV and for some unknown reason (there isn't a Pirates fan south of Clarksburg in northern WV). That means we get the Milwaukee feed, so I'll just watch it in reg D on the cable channel which cut a deal with FS Cincy to carry the Reds games. The cable Prez was scratching his head and just went to them and asked to buy the rights for the games.

RBA
04-08-2008, 06:44 PM
They aren't. Pittsburgh claimed all of WV and for some unknown reason (there isn't a Pirates fan south of Clarksburg in northern WV). That means we get the Milwaukee feed, so I'll just watch it in reg D on the cable channel which cut a deal with FS Cincy to carry the Reds games. The cable Prez was scratching his head and just went to them and asked to buy the rights for the games.

I thought West Virginia was Reds Country. I don't know how the Reds let that market slip away. Reds need to fight for their market share and territory.

According to Directv, it looks like you can get the Indians on Sports Time Ohio , if you subscribe to all the Regional Sports package (About $10 more a month). Why the Indians, but not the Reds?

link for zip code check: http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPageIF.jsp?assetId=3290001

WVRedsFan
04-08-2008, 07:03 PM
I thought West Virginia was Reds Country. I don't know how the Reds let that market slip away. Reds need to fight for their market share and territory.

According to Directv, it looks like you can get the Indians on Sports Time Ohio , if you subscribe to all the Regional Sports package (About $10 more a month). Why the Indians, but not the Reds?

link for zip code check: http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPageIF.jsp?assetId=3290001

WV is Reds country, but MLB doesn't recognize that. And with Morgantown and Clarksburg being so close to Pittsburgh, they moved in and grabbed the territory when Marge and her staff was sleeping. They really didn't pay much attention to WV in those days, preferring to market only in and around Cincinnati, Indiana and Northern Kentucky. Now, the caravan comes to two cites in our state as the new regime tries to reclaim the area.

We get all the Reds games on Suddenlink cable, but none in HD. I also have the EI package, so I don't miss any games unless I'm on the road.

mbgrayson
04-08-2008, 09:08 PM
I love me my HD TV! :)

Redmachine2003
04-08-2008, 09:10 PM
I hate my Cable supplier. I live just over the border in In and I get stuck with the Pacer game. I am not a basket ball fan at all. I really dislike the NBA the most to boot.

GAC
04-08-2008, 09:15 PM
HD is awesome? It really empahsizes just how fat Fielder is. ;)

redsfan4445
04-08-2008, 10:55 PM
i have time warner and im watching the game on channel 43 thats FSN on mine and no HDTV channels have i found and i tried the other channels suggested not there! Sigh

dougdirt
04-08-2008, 11:00 PM
Its on HD for me here in Cincinnati. Channel 968

Always Red
04-09-2008, 11:38 AM
I hate my Cable supplier. I live just over the border in In and I get stuck with the Pacer game. I am not a basket ball fan at all. I really dislike the NBA the most to boot.

I don't care for my cable supplier (Time Warner Cincy) or my cell phone provider, either, for that matter (Verizon), but I LOVE watching baseball in HD. Actually seeing the spin on a Johnny Cueto slider? Well, that's something you just do not see on regular TV. :thumbup:

HD is awesome? It really empahsizes just how fat Fielder is. ;)

Fielder is a huge, wide man, not just fat. The way he wears his socks, with those skinny little calves, reminds me of Babe Ruth- and that may be Fielder's intended effect. Make no mistake about it- the guy is an athlete. He made two excellent diving stops last night at 1B, robbing Dunn of hits. And the guy can rake at the dish too.

RedsManRick
04-09-2008, 11:42 AM
If only I could get EI in HD. 150 bucks for crappy signal is not cool.