PDA

View Full Version : Where do Russians learn to drive?

OldRightHander
04-09-2008, 06:10 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3853924320276782507

Some crazy drivers here. Watch the bus.

Rojo
04-09-2008, 07:21 PM
The Stolichinaya driving school.

George Anderson
04-10-2008, 12:25 AM
I spent two weeks in St. Petersburg and Moscow and the driving is beyond bad. There is nothing like being weary from jet lag and getting in to a car that was the equivalant of riding on "Mr. Toads Wild Ride."

Also if you are a pedestrian in Russia you have no right away. I can't begin to tell you the pedestrians we almost hit in our car and the pedestrians we almost saw hit by other cars. It is truly a different world over there.

cincinnati chili
04-12-2008, 02:24 AM
I'm told being sober helps you drive better.

George Anderson
04-12-2008, 11:43 AM
I'm told being sober helps you drive better.

Actually it is illegal to have any alcohol in your system at all while driving in Russia. One of our guides was a young Russian woman in her early 20's. She got caught with a DUI in Russia and was supposed to lose her license for a certain amount of time. Her mother however met with the chief of police and gave him a large sum of money and he gave back her daughters license. Bribery is big in Russia!!

RFS62
04-12-2008, 07:24 PM
Sears & Robuckski?

cincinnati chili
04-13-2008, 02:57 AM
Actually it is illegal to have any alcohol in your system at all while driving in Russia. One of our guides was a young Russian woman in her early 20's. She got caught with a DUI in Russia and was supposed to lose her license for a certain amount of time. Her mother however met with the chief of police and gave him a large sum of money and he gave back her daughters license. Bribery is big in Russia!!

I'm not surprised that they have drunk driving laws on the books, but I also understand that the rates of alcoholism and alcohol intake in that country are staggeringly high.