PDA

View Full Version : Nuxhall book

redsfan1966
04-10-2008, 04:11 PM
Just came home from a Clipper afternoon game (4/10) to find the Nuxhall book I ordered in my mailbox...has anyone else got theirs yet?? Haven't really got into it yet, but already it has paid for itself with the emotion I felt going thru the final "Fond Farewell" chapter....

goreds2
04-17-2008, 04:27 PM
Just came home from a Clipper afternoon game (4/10) to find the Nuxhall book I ordered in my mailbox...has anyone else got theirs yet?? Haven't really got into it yet, but already it has paid for itself with the emotion I felt going thru the final "Fond Farewell" chapter....

I will have to get that book. The Cubs announcers on WGN today had some good things to say about NUXIE. The Cubs announcers have a little more class than their fans.

smoke6
04-17-2008, 07:52 PM
Let me know how it is. I just finished Joe, by Greg Hoard.

redsfan1966
04-17-2008, 10:07 PM
The book is not really taxing as far as a read...pretty much a compilation of articles from the Cincy Enquirer archives....the real greatness of the book is the pictures...many I had never seen before....it is definitely worth the price...a fitting tribute to a great guy...

bucksfan
04-18-2008, 01:55 PM
I am reading "Joe - Rounding 3rd and Heading for Home" - by Greg Hoard as well. It was a late bday present from Mom. It is quite enjoyable to me. I love the pictures and his letters home, etc.

OldRightHander
04-20-2008, 03:02 PM
I am reading "Joe - Rounding 3rd and Heading for Home" - by Greg Hoard as well. It was a late bday present from Mom. It is quite enjoyable to me. I love the pictures and his letters home, etc.

I thoroughly enjoyed that book. I have an autographed copy of it at home. I'm glad I got it signed when I had the chance.

westofyou
04-20-2008, 03:11 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed that book. I have an autographed copy of it at home. I'm glad I got it signed when I had the chance.
I got me an autographed one too, good photos.

cumberlandreds
04-20-2008, 06:14 PM

That was a good biography about Joe. There were a lot of things I never knew about him. Such as being a great HS basketball player and him having a little sister that tragically died very young. Highly recomend this book for any Reds fan.:thumbup: