PDA

View Full Version : Overheard at Miller Park...

Caveat Emperor
04-10-2008, 08:48 PM
Saw this on one of the Brewers message boards and just had to re-post it here:

Here's what my friend overheard at the game on Tuesday:

Guy: "How does it feel to get $10 million to BUNT?"
Griffey" Ignores him
Guy: "How does it feel to get $10 MILLION DOLLARS TO BUNT?"
Griffey: Turns around, smiles and says, "15 million"

and, as an encore (to a different fan on a different night):

For the record, he really was telling some guy to do sit-ups and eat some salad in the bottom half of the 7th. He kept rubbing his stomach, and then doing a sit up motion, it was one of the funnier things I have seen at MP. I think it's great when players have been around that long, and can still have a good time.

Funny, if true, and makes me love KGJ all the more.

http://brewersfandemonium.yuku.com/topic/12042/t/Guess-what-Jr-said-to-me-in-the-8th-inning-today.html

wally post
04-10-2008, 09:42 PM
I love this!!!! Thanks.

KronoRed
04-10-2008, 10:36 PM
JR is great.

top6
04-10-2008, 11:59 PM
Griffey interacts with fans more than anyone I've ever seen in MLB, and is generally hilarious while doing so. Seriously, watch him when he is on deck; 9 times out of 10 he is jawing with someone in the crowd.

Red in Chicago
04-11-2008, 09:42 AM
Griffey interacts with fans more than anyone I've ever seen in MLB, and is generally hilarious while doing so. Seriously, watch him when he is on deck; 9 times out of 10 he is jawing with someone in the crowd.

i was at yesterday afternoon's game in milwaukee and junior was yapping it up with a few of the people in the front row. my friend was fascinated by this. he kept saying, "look at him talking to those people". i chuckled and said,
"he always does that".

KoryMac5
04-11-2008, 12:18 PM
Griffey is pretty cool about having some good natured fun with fans. Here is the link from Dodger stadium in which JR gave a fan an athletic supporter.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2870769

rotnoid
04-11-2008, 12:57 PM
When he was still roaming CF here, you could sometimes catch Jr. participating in the wave. Especially at the old ball park when there was a gap in the seats. One of the cooler things I've seen a ball player do in person.

MrCinatit
04-11-2008, 02:37 PM

Didn't he once have the reputation of being rather aloof? Has he changed that much since becoming a Red (and a vet), or was that reputation a bit off?