PDA

View Full Version : Lefties in NL

UPRedsFan
04-12-2008, 05:12 PM
I searched all 15 teams' starting rotations and found 25 left handed starters.

That's 33% of the starting pitching the Reds may face over the season.

That equates to about 53 games over the course of the season depending how the rotations fall of course.

Seems to me Wayne should be looking for a better option against left handed pitching. It's beyond obvious now that we need a 1B option and an outfielder from the right side. Waiting for Gonzalez to return so Kepp can be the first base option against lefties will cost at least a month. I find it hard to believe there's not a trade opportunity for Hatte/ Freel out there somewhere.

jmac
04-12-2008, 05:55 PM
I find myself checking to see the lefties the reds will be facing in the series we prepare for.
Of course it has been that way for quite awhile now with jr-dunn-casey-walker-hamilton-hatt-votto- and before long, Bruce.
You know some RH help when you would rather face Snell than Maholm.

UPRedsFan
04-12-2008, 07:31 PM
Who is Walker?

GoReds33
04-12-2008, 08:40 PM
Who is Walker?Maybe he's thinking of Larry Walker.

Degenerate39
04-12-2008, 09:09 PM
Maybe he's thinking of Larry Walker.

Todd Walker he was with the Reds a few years ago.

captainmorgan07
04-12-2008, 09:31 PM
Were in a heap of trouble then. Dunn can't hit lefties at all so far this season and Edwin can't hit um no matter what hand they throw um with

jmac
04-12-2008, 10:16 PM
Todd Walker he was with the Reds a few years ago.
:thumbup:

LouisvilleCARDS
04-12-2008, 10:27 PM
Were in a heap of trouble then. Dunn can't hit lefties at all so far this season and Edwin can't hit um no matter what hand they throw um with

Dunn has NEVER been able to hit lefties. At this point, I'm resigned, Dunn is Dunn. Year to year he never gets better at any of the things he sucks at, he doesn't lose weight to get any quicker, he doesn't try to make contact more than just striking out. His numbers career wise versus lefties is under .200. That's platoon numbers there. I don't care WHO it is out there, even Sosa or something, we need someone who can hit left handed pitchers.