PDA

View Full Version : FSN Final Score or ESPN Sportscenter?

redsrule2500
04-13-2008, 12:36 PM
Which do you prefer to watch?

I like Final Score because it doesn't mess around with crap nobody cares about, and you know when your team is coming up. It's just a lot nicer setup in my opinion and gets only what really matters in under 30 minutes.

Razor Shines
04-13-2008, 12:39 PM
I know it's not the cool choice but I still like Sportscenter better.

Yachtzee
04-13-2008, 01:17 PM
I like the internet.

redsfan30
04-13-2008, 01:17 PM
The only thing I ever watch on FSN is baseball games. FSN is an absolutely worthless network aside from their baseball coverage.

redsrule2500
04-13-2008, 01:30 PM
The only thing I ever watch on FSN is baseball games. FSN is an absolutely worthless network aside from their baseball coverage.

Well that's not very nice...I just said I loved Final Score! :( Did you ever even give it a chance as a sports news show? It's very well done. ;)

Yachtzee
04-13-2008, 01:36 PM

FSN used to be halfway decent when it was still more like Sportschannel Ohio, showing all kinds of Ohio sports. Now that it's mostly poker and other bs pre-packaged programming from the Fox Sports mothership, I agree. It's worthless. They should be showing more Ohio sports, like the Columbus Crew, Ohio college sports, and Ohio high school sports. They also need to get an Ohio-centered sports news program like they used to have. That would be ideal. But the big thing I'd like to see is Columbus Crew. Sports Time Ohio just signed a deal to televise Cleveland City Stars' games. I just can't believe that a USL team has a better TV deal than the state's only MLS team has.

KronoRed
04-13-2008, 02:09 PM
ESPNews over both.

redsfanmia
04-13-2008, 02:24 PM
ESPNews over both.

I think ESPN is ruining ESPNews I dont like the new graphics and the way they do their bottom line now. Just like ESPN to ruin a good thing.

KronoRed
04-13-2008, 02:26 PM
Yeah I don't like the new FX as much, but in HD it looks great...of course I don't have an HDTV :rant:

gilpdawg
04-13-2008, 02:55 PM
Final Score sucks. It wouldn't suck, but I'm not into watching highlights on a shrunken screen because of their insanely huge "PTI ripoff rundown."

*BaseClogger*
04-13-2008, 05:26 PM
I'll take Final Score even though I have only seen it a couple of times, just because I hate SportsCenter...

GoReds33
04-13-2008, 05:59 PM
I took Sportscenter, just because it's longer. I like how they can drift off track, and pick up stories. Still, the Final Score isn't a bad show.

redsfan1966
04-13-2008, 06:39 PM
redsrule2500--thank you for this poll...I get so aggravated by SportsCenter and their inane self promoting segments--(Hot Seat, Greatest Calls, etc.)--I love the Final Score because I can watch highlights and scores from ALL of the previous day's major sports action in 30 minutes before I take off for work....ESPNews is ok, but they let some of the SC garbage seep in and take away from the scores and highlights--the new graphics and look are a step up, though...

RedsManRick
04-13-2008, 07:20 PM
I'm tired of well executed highlights taking a backseat to everything else on SportsCenter. Anything is better.

guttle11
04-13-2008, 09:16 PM
Haven't watched either in who knows how long. If I were to watch one, it would be Sportscenter.

I do like Sports Science, though.

Gainesville Red
04-14-2008, 12:28 AM
The thing I don't like about Sportscenter is the way it's turned into promotion/advertisment for what ESPN is airing, rather than a news show/daily wrap-up. I hate getting beat over the head with coverage of the X-Games, Arena League, WNBA, etc. fringe sports when ESPN is covering the events. Cover them all of the time, or none of the time. Not just when you're airing it. It just seems transparent, kind of fake. I understand it's promotion of their product, it just rubs me a little wrong.

Jpup
04-14-2008, 03:04 AM
I don't watch either one anymore. I watch all of the games that are important to me and will watch some baseball highlights online if I want. When it's baseball season, I can't stand hearing about the NFL, NBA, or NHL.

dabvu2498
04-14-2008, 09:56 AM
It depends on who's hosting SportsCenter.

cumberlandreds
04-14-2008, 10:47 AM
I think ESPN is ruining ESPNews I dont like the new graphics and the way they do their bottom line now. Just like ESPN to ruin a good thing.

I totally agree. The bottom line graphics are junk. It's also taking them too long to roll through the scores. Putting way too much junk sports like the AFL and something called Xcross yesterday. ESPN does tend to always ruin a good thing.

durl
04-14-2008, 01:32 PM
I no longer watch Sportcenter for anything. I will watch Baseball Tonight for MLB highlights but I between the 2 options given, Final Score is my choice.

Handofdeath
04-14-2008, 03:08 PM
I like Final Score because it's a no frills to the point sports news show. It is not a contest to see how many catchphrases the announcers can get into that nights show. It is not constantly shilling some product or project that they want you to buy or watch. I am not beat over the head with Yankees and Red Sox highlights. I get exactly what I want and nothing more, sports highlights.

TeamBoone
04-14-2008, 03:46 PM
I prefer Final Score more than just a little. They seem to give each team equal time and show more highlights while doing so. SC seems to get bogged down by the "trendy" teams, giving them much more exposure time-wise, even when it isn't warranted because they may not be playing all that well. All this at the expense of the "lesser" teams.

Also, FS is much less opinionated than SC... I like that.

*BaseClogger*
04-14-2008, 08:20 PM
This is interesting: SportsCenter is leading in the poll but if all you read were the replies you would think the exact opposite. Those that prefer FS are more passionate about their stance. It seems SC has a "silent majority"..

goreds2
04-14-2008, 11:50 PM
ESPNews over both.

AGREED. :thumbup:

redsrule2500
04-15-2008, 12:20 AM
This is interesting: SportsCenter is leading in the poll but if all you read were the replies you would think the exact opposite. Those that prefer FS are more passionate about their stance. It seems SC has a "silent majority"..

It's because they just stick with what they are used to, and just blindly follow :p:

redsfan1966
04-15-2008, 10:17 PM
I truly believe that most people do like "Sportscenter" (I am in the minority)--people like the flash, catch phrasing and puff pieces......and the letters ESPN command a lot of attention...