PDA

View Full Version : Alex Gonzalez out 2-3 more weeks

AmarilloRed
04-14-2008, 11:16 PM
From Rotoworld:

An MRI showed that Alex Gonzalez still has a fracture in his left knee.

When Gonzalez was hurt in February, it looked like he'd be back right about now. However, with the fractured still not having healed, he won't be allowed to run for at least another two to four weeks. That makes Jeff Keppinger the Reds' shortstop through late May anyway. It's also good news for Edwin Encarnacion, Joey Votto and Scott Hatteberg.

It looks like Keppinger will be at SS up until late May.

namichael
04-15-2008, 07:44 AM
I'd never wish pain on anyone but with Gonzo out for a while longer, we won't have to be scratching our heads and yelling at the tv when Kepp gets benched upon Gonzo's return for a while. I'm hoping this will give Kepp enough time to solidify his worth in the minds of the powers that be. I think he's done it already.

:beerme:

Grounds_Crew
04-15-2008, 09:12 AM
he can't run for 2 to 4 weeks

That doesn't mean he's only going to be "out" for that period of time. My guess, we wont be seeing him at all this season.

He got it!
04-15-2008, 10:50 AM
Notice how nobody is talking about the lack of range that Kepp has at shortstop. I seem to remember a lot of people thinking that Kepps defense would hurt us up the middle. It's amazing how a .320 batting average will quiet the critics. I don't think I've said to myself one time, "man if Gonzo was in there he would have had that one." Here's to country Kepp playing 150 games this year...:beerme:

smoke6
04-15-2008, 11:12 AM
This sucks for AGon, but better for the Reds, IMO. They are a better team with Kepp in the lineup. I would rather have Kepp's solid D and outstanding bat.

CySeymour
04-15-2008, 11:49 AM
This sucks for AGon, but better for the Reds, IMO. They are a better team with Kepp in the lineup. I would rather have Kepp's solid D and outstanding bat.

I agree with you, but I would rather have AGon on the roster than Castro.

IowaRed
04-15-2008, 12:32 PM
I agree with you, but I would rather have AGon on the roster than Castro.

that's not really going out on much of a limb there Klu :)