PDA

View Full Version : What would it take?

CincyRed44
04-15-2008, 03:33 AM
Just curious, what would the Reds need to offer Texas for prized switch hitting 22yr old catcher, Jarrod Saltalamacchia He is presently at AAA Oklahoma. He would be a welcome addition to our lineup especially against lefties since Salty is a SWITCH HITTER that can hit with power and for average a rare combination in todays baseball landscape from catchers.

WildcatFan
04-15-2008, 11:26 AM
It would take pitching, pitching and more pitching.
Texas has a gaping hole in its rotation named Jason Jennings, and the bullpen is nothing to get real excited about. My guess is they would like to have a Volquez back, even with the way Josh is playing. Not a great fit, IMO

TheBigLebowski
04-15-2008, 11:48 AM
We had a discussion about this a couple of weeks ago and the consensus was that it's probably a bad idea to inquire about Salty - main reason being that most believe his future is at first and we're well-set there.

He got it!
04-15-2008, 11:54 AM
I was thinking the same thing Lebowski. If he was definately going to be a catcher for his career he would become even a greater need for the Reds. I think Salty is a great hitter and would love to see him in a Reds uniform but I think we will see him taking over for Broussard in Texas in the near future at first base. Gerald Laird doesn't appear to be going anywhere.

AdamDunn
04-15-2008, 04:42 PM
We had a discussion about this a couple of weeks ago and the consensus was that it's probably a bad idea to inquire about Salty - main reason being that most believe his future is at first and we're well-set there.

I heard he was a very good defensive catcher. that's why everyone wants him.

Hondo
04-15-2008, 05:47 PM
The Rangers like to Trade Good 1st Baseman away...

Carlos Pena
Travis Hafner
Adrian Gonzalez
Mark Tiexiera

All this team needs to do is Offer a Pitcher that Sucks... Or that is injured...

Isn't there a package of young young arms in the Lower minors to AA that could get him...