PDA

View Full Version : Bedard to DL

reds44
04-15-2008, 07:38 PM
Hip problem per ESPN.

/insert glad Reds didn't trade for him comment here.

WMR
04-15-2008, 07:51 PM
http://www.nerf-herders-anonymous.net/SLJ_Unbreakable.jpg

RedEye
04-15-2008, 08:26 PM
Glad we still have Homer, Votto, Maloney & Stubbs (or whatever that ridiculous package was that they were reputedly asking for). Bedard is darn good, but he is fragile. Of course, hindsight is 20/20, too.

WebScorpion
04-16-2008, 01:35 PM
Glad we still have Homer, Votto, Maloney & Stubbs (or whatever that ridiculous package was that they were reputedly asking for). Bedard is darn good, but he is fragile. Of course, hindsight is 20/20, too. IIRC, they were holding out for Jay Bruce. I'm sure we offered them some combination of the other prospects. ...Maybe including Cueto! yes, I'm glad Wayne resisted the urge too. :thumbup:

cumberlandreds
04-16-2008, 07:27 PM
That big sigh of relief you jusy heard coming from Chicago was from Krivsky. Can you imagine what RZ would be like not to mention the press if he had made a trade for him? Very,very brutal.

Blitz Dorsey
04-16-2008, 08:59 PM
Bedard had bust written all over him this year. A no name three years ago, all of a sudden is a so-called stud, one of the top five starters in MLB. In fact, I saw rankings that had him as the No. 3 overall pitcher in baseball coming into the season behind Santana and Peavy. LOL. I'm definitely glad we didn't sell the farm for this guy. He is a good pitcher but not the stud he was made out to be. He had a great year last year especially with the Ks (and ERA pitching in that division). But it's not like this guy was some proven stud.

But I'd still trade Drew Stubbs straight-up for him. ;-) We could only dream.

pahster
04-17-2008, 11:13 AM
Bedard had bust written all over him this year. A no name three years ago, all of a sudden is a so-called stud, one of the top five starters in MLB. In fact, I saw rankings that had him as the No. 3 overall pitcher in baseball coming into the season behind Santana and Peavy. LOL. I'm definitely glad we didn't sell the farm for this guy. He is a good pitcher but not the stud he was made out to be. He had a great year last year especially with the Ks (and ERA pitching in that division). But it's not like this guy was some proven stud.

Bedard has always been a very good pitcher. The fact that he was a "no name" three years ago is a function of the team for which he plays more than anything else, similar to Aaron Harang.

But yes, he is and always has been injury prone.