PDA

View Full Version : Positives from the game today against the Cubs...

Kingspoint
04-16-2008, 10:46 PM
Patterson went 0-4.

Keep praying he continues to suck. The more he sucks, the sooner he'll be gone. As long as he's here he'll bat in the leadoff spot.

Gotta love that .270 OBP, eh Dusty?

This is all your doing Castellini. Krivsky would have nothing to do with Baker, if he could help it, and certainly nothing to do with Patterson.

It's still early on the season, though, and that's a positive. Hopefully, Patterson continues to suck and he's gone in a month. Then, the team can turn things around.

Hondo
04-16-2008, 10:53 PM
Players wasting the Reds time.

Coffey, Fogg, Castro, Hatteberg, Merker, Ross, Valentin, Belisle

The list goes on and on

I would almost say that Patterson is wasting the Reds time cause he is costing 3 Million. If the only reason for us to have someone to give Jay Bruce more time in AAA, Ryan Freel could be playing that role and leading off...

I think Krivisky has made some good moves... Like Phillips, but that was also the Indians giving up on him... Volquez is Pitching Great but ya won't know about him until he goes 30+ Starts on what you acctually have...

mlbfan30
04-16-2008, 10:56 PM
Also Fogg needs to be let go or moved to the bullpen for Belisle. If Fogg moves to the bullpen, Coffee goes and we have a legitimate long reliever.

Hondo
04-16-2008, 10:58 PM
Also Fogg needs to be let go or moved to the bullpen for Belisle. If Fogg moves to the bullpen, Coffee goes and we have a legitimate long reliever.

Legitimate Long Reliever?

So do you want a guy to come in and give up 9 ER out of the BullPenn????

Fogg has to go go go... They could have paid me 1 million instead of wasting it on Fogg... Of course I would not have beat the Brewers the other day...

Like Fogg did, but hey...

big boy
04-16-2008, 11:00 PM
Players wasting the Reds time.

Coffey, Fogg, Castro, Hatteberg, Merker, Ross, Valentin, Belisle

How much salary can they eat? Fogg, Patterson, and Castro surely have to go. Freel and Hatte should be traded if possible.

Nasty_Boy
04-16-2008, 11:12 PM
I think Patterson serves a purpose, just not as a leadoff man. Fogg, Coffey, Castro, Javy, Freel, Hopper, and Hatte (unless use as a PH) are completely useless.

Jr's Boy
04-17-2008, 12:11 AM
Patterson went 0-4.

Keep praying he continues to suck. The more he sucks, the sooner he'll be gone. As long as he's here he'll bat in the leadoff spot.

Gotta love that .270 OBP, eh Dusty?

This is all your doing Castellini. Krivsky would have nothing to do with Baker, if he could help it, and certainly nothing to do with Patterson.

It's still early on the season, though, and that's a positive. Hopefully, Patterson continues to suck and he's gone in a month. Then, the team can turn things around.

Yeah but leads the team in HR.He doesn't need to be batting lead off,however he does have value.

fugowitribe
04-17-2008, 12:21 AM
So many different players that are decent, but not enough to put together a run-scoring or winning team.

Mutaman
04-17-2008, 12:34 AM
We gave up 9 runs on Sunday, 9 on Tuesday, and 12 on Wednesday. We haven't been over .500 in the last 7 years because we've constently got one of the worst pitching staffs in baseball. And yet people drone on and on about who should be batting leadoff, where Dunn should hit in the order, and how we need Jorge Cantu. The batting order ain't the problem.

goreds2
04-17-2008, 01:00 AM
I guess the only positive from this game was that certain pitchers got much needed work.

EDIT: Plus EE had two hits.

redlegsmustache
04-17-2008, 03:32 AM
Dunn hit a pretty sweet homer.

Kingspoint
04-17-2008, 03:34 AM
I think Patterson serves a purpose, just not as a leadoff man. Fogg, Coffey, Castro, Javy, Freel, Hopper, and Hatte (unless use as a PH) are completely useless.

Truly, Patterson would be fine as a #8 hitter...a guy who has the ability....when he does get on base....to put himself in scoring position ahead of the pitcher, and has the ability to knock in Dunn, if Edwin and Votto don't come through.

Realistically, the fact that Bruce is a lefty messes up Baker's mind. He doesn't know what to do with four lefties that hit for power in Dunn, Junior, Votto, and Bruce.

Minor-League-Player-of-the-Year, and Baker doesn't know what to do with him.

He'd rather platoon him with Patterson and let him rot on the bench.

Castellini's been great, but he really screwed himself by hiring Baker.

Kingspoint
04-17-2008, 03:37 AM
Dunn hit a pretty sweet homer.

How many were on base when he hit it? Oh, yeah. None. Really clutch, there. The timing was impecable. Think it got them within 7 runs at the time.

He is what he is, and you can't blame him for anything, though.

Adam Dunn and Dave Kingman are two peas-in-a-pod.

He has some incredible abilities if the right manager was around to use him. I hate to say it, but Tony LaRusa (man I hate him) would use him correctly. Ned Yost would use him correctly.

goreds2
04-17-2008, 05:47 AM
How many were on base when he hit it? Oh, yeah. None. Really clutch, there. The timing was impecable. Think it got them within 7 runs at the time.

I somewhat see your point but right now the only time Dunn is going to get something to hit is when the Reds are blown out and/or EE starts hitting. Otherwise, he will be pitched around.

Degenerate39
04-17-2008, 06:09 AM

He has some incredible abilities if the right manager was around to use him. I hate to say it, but Tony LaRusa (man I hate him) would use him correctly. Ned Yost would use him correctly.

Imagine that when the game's out of reach Dunn gets something to hit.

bgwilly31
04-17-2008, 12:04 PM
. The batting order ain't the problem.

Not true.

Your problem is your only focusing on ONE problem. You have to be able to multi-task with the reds. :)

Jim
04-17-2008, 01:55 PM
We gave up 9 runs on Sunday, 9 on Tuesday, and 12 on Wednesday. We haven't been over .500 in the last 7 years because we've constently got one of the worst pitching staffs in baseball. And yet people drone on and on about who should be batting leadoff, where Dunn should hit in the order, and how we need Jorge Cantu. The batting order ain't the problem.

If the game started in the 4th, the Reds would have stood a chance. We got Fogg on the cheap, and he's worth every penny... :rolleyes:

Kingspoint
04-18-2008, 01:55 AM
Imagine that when the game's out of reach Dunn gets something to hit.

Without a doubt. Pitchers tend to stay very far away from him otherwise. He takes the walks because they're there. He's not Vlad.

CWRed
04-18-2008, 06:08 PM

-Typical of Dunn-bashers. Another meaningless HR. Yep, it's his fault they lost.

-"He is what he is" :bang:

-Do I really have to comment on this?

-Yes, this is probably true. Dunn should never bat lower than 4th and preferably, higher. Thank you for not destroying my hope in humanity.