PDA

View Full Version : Things I'm Excited About for THIS Year

EddieMilner
04-17-2008, 01:11 PM
With all the negativity going on around here these days, I thought it would be nice to state what some of us are looking forward to this year. I'll start:
Griffey's 600th
Watching Cueto and Volquez go through their highs (and most likely lows)
Harang being the most underrated ace in the MLs yet again.
The minor league system
A better than average starting pitching staff

Jefferson24
04-17-2008, 01:32 PM
The best thing about this year is that it brings the Reds one step closer to next year. Next year is when I expect this team to have a winning record and possible more...

ChatterRed
04-17-2008, 01:35 PM
......not if the lineup stays the same.

wojo1025
04-17-2008, 01:38 PM
......not if the lineup stays the same.

Is it possible to have a single thread on this board without someone bringing up something negative? This post was started in an attempt to give people that are still thinking positive a place to go and here you come with your negativity. Please find another thread to post your negative comment Debbie Downer!

Jefferson24
04-17-2008, 03:10 PM
This should be a neat year. It won't likely be a successful year record wise. I hope to see the young pitchers mature. I also hope to see some of the younger position players develop and become more consistent. There may also be the possibility of bringing in some prospects if Griffey, Dunn or Hatty are traded.

It's still possible to enjoy Reds baseball if you look for the brighter pieces and ignore all the rain clouds. I just tell my self that this likely isn't the year but still hold out hope for some of the players to achieve and grow.

goreds2
04-17-2008, 03:21 PM
I look forward to the ALL YOU CAN EAT seats at GAB this year. :D

Seriously though, I look forward to the Reds young starting pitching with Homer Bailey included.

It will be fun seeing Cordero go lights out pitching the 9th when the Reds finally put a string of wins together.

mlbfan30
04-17-2008, 03:58 PM
Next year we have the best staff in baseball with...

Harang
Cueto
Volquez
Bailey
Arroyo

This staff could have a combined 1000Ks on the season.

*Bruce as the starting RF*

Some of the better RP coming up such as Roenicke, Viola, Pellend, along with the maturity of Burton added to Cordero for a real 'power' bullpen

Getting rid of guys like Castro, Valentine, and Hopper/Freel

lo ryder
04-18-2008, 02:23 AM
Homey getting his head right and proving he belongs in the bigs.