PDA

View Full Version : David Hasselhoff gets to keep his nickname

Chip R
04-18-2008, 01:34 PM
Malibu Dave? :confused:

http://omg.yahoo.com/david-hasselhoff-gets-to-keep-his-nickname/news/8317?nc

David Hasselhoff Gets To Keep His Nickname

April 17, 2008, 1:55 pm PDT

LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- As a result of their divorce settlement, Pamela Bach and David Hasselhoff may be splitting various bank accounts, their Encino, Calif. home and a long list of various items, but one thing David won't have to give up is his name.

In the settlement papers obtained by Access Hollywood, David will get to keep the rights to the names "Hoff," "Malibu Dave" and the catchphrase "Don't Hassel the Hoff" in various countries.

Among the other items listed in the papers that David will get to keep possession of are a 1993 Mercedes, the "dolphin located in the African room," the "green" elephant located in the African room, the "weights located in the Encino Family residence," the "Ted Williams baseball paraphernalia," the "antique barber chair located in the master suite" and the "French maid located at the Encino family residence."

Some of the items Pamela will get to keep include a 2006 Mercedes CLS 500, a 1999 Lincoln Navigator, her mother's paintings, her Sports Illustrated photo and a photo of Michael Jackson.

Pamela will also get half of David's retirement funds.

David will retain rights to his 1984 album "Night Rider," as well as 42 other projects.

However, he will have to pay Pamela $21,000 per month in spousal support, as well as an additional $4,000 per month in child support for the couple's two kids - Hayley and Taylor.

David and Pamela were married in 1989. They separated in January 2006.

Unassisted
04-18-2008, 01:43 PM
The revelation that the catchphrase "Don't Hassel the Hoff" is actually trademarked drains every last bit of the funny out of it for me. :p:

Chip R
04-18-2008, 01:51 PM
The revelation that the catchphrase "Don't Hassel the Hoff" is actually trademarked drains every last bit of the funny out of it for me. :p:

I don't know if there was any funny in it to begin with.

Yachtzee
04-18-2008, 05:47 PM
But they didn't answer the question we all want to know: who gets Germany?

durl
04-21-2008, 10:27 AM
How can ANYONE survive on a meager $21K a month??

Maybe Heather Mills can give her some advice...

Hap
04-21-2008, 07:08 PM
http://www.uberreview.com/wp-content/uploads/knight-rider.jpg

http://www.tvgasm.com/newsgasm/hoffyhoff.jpg

http://www.everythingblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/hasselhoff.jpg

camisadelgolf
04-23-2008, 06:09 AM
I am disappointed by how unpopular Hasselhoff is in Germany. Don't get me wrong--middle-aged people love him--but there aren't pictures of him on every street corner or anything like that.

Yachtzee
04-23-2008, 09:18 AM
I am disappointed by how unpopular Hasselhoff is in Germany. Don't get me wrong--middle-aged people love him--but there aren't pictures of him on every street corner or anything like that.

Maybe his time has passed. When I was there in the early '90s, you could not get away from David Hasselhoff. Baywatch was still in its heyday, so that was on every day. Then there were the Knight Rider reruns and the music videos. I would say his popularity was biggest among moms (who would now be middle-aged) and pre-teen girls (who grew out of it). I can remember talking to Austrians and Germans who wanted to travel to America and go to California just to see where Baywatch was filmed (although I can't remember if it was actually filmed where they thought it was).

Chip R
04-23-2008, 09:27 AM

That's because they aren't going to take down the pictures of Raisor.

OldRightHander
04-23-2008, 09:35 AM
" and the "French maid located at the Encino family residence."

Possibly the cause for the split?

Chip R
04-23-2008, 09:40 AM
Possibly the cause for the split?

I was going to say. If he got to keep her, he got the better end of the deal. :thumbup: