PDA

View Full Version : The last 8 games...

WVRedsFan
04-19-2008, 05:02 PM
Over the last 8 games, a period whereby they have gone 1-7, the Reds have scored 26 runs or an average of 3.25 per game. They've given up 47 runs or 5.875 per game. Not good.

More alarming is the number of hits -- 68 (average of 8.5 pergame). Take out the one win in Chicago and they average 2 runs and 8 hits a game with a .234 average. Yuck!

It's easy to understand when your leadoff hitter is 0-14, your All-Star second baseman nor your future hall of fame outfielder are hitting. Add to that your slugger and your young third sacker. The catching position is a real problem with none of the options being good.

Changes are needed on the offensive quickly. This is going to be a problem for some time. Time for some big moves.

Aronchis
04-19-2008, 05:11 PM
My guess is the Reds believe guys with the name: Bruce, Belisle and Bray will be the answer.

reds44
04-19-2008, 05:14 PM
My guess is the Reds believe guys with the name: Bruce, Belisle and Bray will be the answer.
And when do you think they will be called up?

WVRedsFan
04-19-2008, 05:21 PM
That's the question I want answered. What they'e doing isn't working. Time for drastic change.

Aronchis
04-19-2008, 05:27 PM
It may help. But the Reds need the vets like Arroyo,Dunn,Griffey and Phillips to start hitting and pitching. If Arroyo throw a 7I 2R game last night, I think we are feeling better right now. It would especially help me handle that horrible JTM commercial easier yikes:eek:

Screwball
04-19-2008, 05:34 PM
It would especially help me handle that horrible JTM commercial easier yikes:eek:

:D

I think I may be the only one to like those commercials. They're so bad they're good.

KronoRed
04-19-2008, 10:49 PM

If so then all hope is lost.

marcshoe
04-19-2008, 11:28 PM
:D

I think I may be the only one to like those commercials. They're so bad they're good.

I heard it on the radio today, and for the first time understood the lyrics. That made it even worse. But yes, their intentional badness (for instance, the shot with Bronson playing the acoustic guitar with his hair blowing in the wind machine) makes them funny. I like them, and they make me want to see Arroyo pick things up all the more. You know, get it "together again". :thumbup: