Pages : 1 [2] 3

BenHayes
07-11-2006, 06:11 PM
i just don't think Denorfia can replace AK offensively or
defensively in right and this would weaken the outfield especially since
Freel seems to have a bum shoulder now

GriffeyRocks80
07-11-2006, 06:26 PM
I agree, the Marlins are stacked in pitching, the last thing they need is more pitching. What the marlins need is a blue chip prospect at CF and C, and maybe not even catcher, they've got Miguel Olivo whos only 27, has a cannon for an arm, and is having a break out year at the plate, and lastly is realitvly cheap.
Willis and Miggy are the face of that franchise now, and if they expect to land a new stadium anywhere they'll need both. This year the marlins will most likely not be reaching the post season via the wild card, but next year they will be in the hunt, and for every year after.

'07 Marlins rotation
Willis
Olsen
Nolasco
Johnson
Sanchez

their bullpen is just as set, Tankersly is their future closer.

and all their posisiton players are settled aside from CF
1B - Mike Jacobs
2B - RuleV pick up Dan Uggla
3B - Miggy
SS - Hanley Ramierz
LF - Josh Willingham
CF - ???
RF - Jeremy Hermida
C - Miguel Olivo

i could see the marlins moving Borowski/Moheler/Herges/Mitre to the reds for Denorfia.

No thanks ... if it takes Denorfia to get Brian Moehler, we need to deal with another team. We've tried him before, and I'd rather take my chances with Denorfia.

beautox
07-11-2006, 06:28 PM
Why you gotta be like that Beautox? Our last World Series is further in the past than yours. Your team is really good in a really good division, ours is average at best in a terrible division...

Why can't you just let us be? Next thing you know you'll be telling us how far fetched other rumors on this thread are!
I'm sorry man, if it makes you feel any better, i don't think the white sox threw the WS in 1919, and you guys won it fairly.

beautox
07-11-2006, 06:31 PM
If Anderson is the future for the Sox then you guys are in trouble.
Why do you say that? because is BA is a lowly .194 even though its been on the rise since early june and he had to serve a 5 game susspension for beating up some cubs? and hes only 24 in his rookie year? have you seen how amazing he is in CF, i linked an article by BP, stateing about how good he is check it out.

GriffeyRocks80
07-11-2006, 06:31 PM
I'm sorry man, if it makes you feel any better, i don't think the white sox threw the WS in 1919, and you guys won it fairly.

As he says this, Shoeless Joe spins in his grave like a drill bit.

Mario-Rijo
07-11-2006, 06:33 PM
I think a deal makes sense for both the Marlins and Reds to make this kind of deal. And for that matter I could see the Orioles reasons for making a deal of Tejada.

I am not sure what kind of deal we are looking at here but why wouldn't anyone make a deal for Dontrelle Willis he's 24 (3 yrs of experience) makes a measley 4 mil & 350K for the next 3 years. He is the closest thing to an impact lefty you could get and his merchandise would pay for his salary this year if he became a Red and he would automatically spike the attendance. All this for 2 mil the rest of this year. If he gets hurt over the next 3 years you don't lose alot of money. He's practically a godsend and worth whatever we would have to give to get him. As for getting Cabrera to boot that would be great but unlikely. He's 23 and one of the best hitters in baseball and he plays 3rd base.

I could see the O's parting with Tejada but only if we came off of Dunn, and that's probably unlikely, considering Tejada's age. Unless it somehow netted us Cabrera again not likely. The Willis deal though is a no lose situation too me.

beautox
07-11-2006, 06:36 PM
As he says this, Shoeless Joe spins in his grave like a drill bit.
lol, say is isnt so redlegger. Seriously though i don't think they threw it. if the 1906 hitless wonders could beat the cubs 116 winning team, but then again it is the cubs. Still i think its more than possible that the 1919 reds could beat the 1919 sox fairly.

KronoRed
07-11-2006, 06:41 PM
And the rumor is dead.
Rest in peace insanity ;)

zombie-a-go-go
07-11-2006, 06:46 PM
Did someone say Brian Moehler?

I think I just threw up in my mouth.

beautox
07-11-2006, 06:48 PM
lastly you wouldn't take a one possibly two relievers with ERAs south of 4.10(Herges/Borowski) for Denorfia?

I would, the reds haven't delivered since building the great american ball park in '03 and in general haven't been to the post season in 1996, I would think you as a fan would be a little anxious and chomping at the bit to get to the post season and possibly the WS, the mets aren't the real deal and you've got a better offense than them.

Denorfia's ceiling has been established he will be 26 in 5 days. Hes an on base machine and his maso menos pop, and hes better at stealing a bag than Kevin Youkillis, he projects to be a lead off man, your team already has all 3 OF positions filled and a lead off hitter in Freely, its pretty apparent he doesn't fit into your teams plans at this juncture.

KronoRed
07-11-2006, 06:51 PM
Freel is not a long term solution.

You can have him for the 2 relievers :D

Caseyfan21
07-11-2006, 06:51 PM
I just back read through this thread and it's been entertaining. I cannot see any way that 3 team trade would happen. I could see the Reds making a deal that would add payroll though. BCast seems dedicated to winning ASAP and making a big splash and adding payroll is a good way to demonstrate that commitment whether it's best for the team or not (see Milton, Eric). I'm not really sure why the Reds would want to trade for Tejada though. Willis and Cabrera should be the main targets. Getting either of them would be a huge boost to the team. Cabrera is an absolute monster and Willis has been a stud so far except for the beginning of this year. I say dangle Kearns, EdE, Bailey and anyone else it would take to get these two. Even if the Reds overpay for Willis it would probably be a huge boost to the rotation. To get proven talent for unproven talent is a trade that I would make 100x over even if I'm overpaying.

Blue
07-11-2006, 06:55 PM
Did someone say Brian Moehler?

I think I just threw up in my mouth.

Anyone remember when the Reds traded for him? WLW said that the Reds had scheduled a news conference and that the Reds had acquired Scott Rolen.:bang: :bang: :bang:

KronoRed
07-11-2006, 06:56 PM
We also got the 3rd Boone brother in that deal

osuceltic
07-11-2006, 06:57 PM
To add a little more fuel to the fire ... 1460 (again) teased to an interview with Jim Day (he does the pregame show, right?) saying Day was telling them that he gets the feeling something is about to happen -- that the body language and stuff around the team indicated a move was about to be made. I didn't hear the segment itself, but that was the tease.

The truth is, this whole thing sounds like one big tease.

Caveat Emperor
07-11-2006, 06:58 PM
To add a little more fuel to the fire ... 1460 (again) teased to an interview with Jim Day (he does the pregame show, right?) saying Day was telling them that he gets the feeling something is about to happen -- that the body language and stuff around the team indicated a move was about to be made. I didn't hear the segment itself, but that was the tease.

The truth is, this whole thing sounds like one big tease.

"The Cincinnati Reds are pleased to announce they have re-signed veteran outfielder Reggie Taylor to a minor league contract."

paintmered
07-11-2006, 07:00 PM
They did that with Eddie Taubensee too.

membengal
07-11-2006, 07:04 PM
Maybe they are bringing back Mark Portugal...

cincyinco
07-11-2006, 07:06 PM
Maybe they are bringing back Mark Portugal...

Is Steve Paris still around?

The 2006 Cincinnati Reds, the power of tradition..

REDSEER
07-11-2006, 07:06 PM
Apparently the thread on ESPN has now been deleted, although I can't check for myself since ESPN.com seems to be down at the moment.....I can't really remember a trade rumor thread being deleted there, so take it for what it's worth......

cincyinco
07-11-2006, 07:07 PM
Apparently the thread on ESPN has now been deleted, although I can't check for myself since ESPN.com seems to be down at the moment.....I can't really remember a trade rumor thread being deleted there, so take it for what it's worth......

Yeah, I was also trying to go to ESPN to read what all the "fuss" was about, can't get there.. i can get to the Reds front page, but when I go to the message board, it can't find it...

Wyatt Earp
07-11-2006, 07:19 PM
Found this on the Reds baord.Take it FWIW.

To: usireds3 (14 of 17)

27735.14 in reply to 27735.8

I heard on ESPN radio that there IS indeed a trade working with the Reds, Marlins and at least one other team possibly Oakland or the Orioles, but they did not want to pass anything until it was official. They then started talking "hypothetical situations"

Major names included in this discussion/rumor were...Kearns, Willis, Cabrera, Hatteberg, and Lopez. Someone also said on the Radio that there was rumors that an All Star would be in the package somewhere. This could be were the Rumor of Tejada came from. Although No one on the Radio actually said his name that I heard.

However, there were JUST talking RUMORS and not really reporting much except that there were negotiations taking place and several big names were included.

Also several Cincy prospects were mentioned including Bruce, Ramirez, and Denorfia.

reds44
07-11-2006, 07:22 PM
"Ramirez"

As in the Lizard? If he goes anywhere, we better be getting Dontrelle in the deal.

REDSEER
07-11-2006, 07:25 PM
Well at least we are seeing another person report hearing it on ESPN radio.....I doubt the Reds end up with Willis and Tejada, but the poster who started the thread on ESPN is starting to look more credible....(maybe)

reds44
07-11-2006, 07:26 PM
If we get Tejada, Willis, or Cabrera (just one of them) I will poop.

REDSEER
07-11-2006, 07:27 PM
:laugh: :laugh: I don't know that I want Tejada unless the O's are paying a large portion of his salary, but the other two, well, I might too...:laugh: :laugh:

Falls City Beer
07-11-2006, 07:28 PM

You'll get constipation talkin' like that.

paintmered
07-11-2006, 07:28 PM

.....and if the Reds don't?

:mooner:

KronoRed
07-11-2006, 07:30 PM
Thread in the pooper

RedsFanatic
07-11-2006, 07:31 PM
I would love to have any of those three big boys but I would not trade Jay Bruce (or Homer Bailey) under any circumstances.

FeartheEars
07-11-2006, 07:31 PM
What I don't get is why the other teams are necessarily making the deal. This trade upgrades us tremendously, Bruce or other major prospects have to be included. Kearns isnt enough for Willis even though I am a huge Kearns fan. Hatterberg and Lopez for Tejada only works if Baltimore picks up some salary. I am all for it. Tejada is one of the better hitters in the game and Willis, Harang, and Arroyo would give us one of the best front 3 in the NL central. If it goes down what do the Cardinals do to counter?

Red Leader
07-11-2006, 07:35 PM
We also got the 3rd Boone brother in that deal

Thanks for that reminder. I forgot who the worst Single A player that I ever saw in my life was. Now I remember.

Sirens going off around my house....hmmmm.

RedsFanatic
07-11-2006, 07:39 PM
Trade Cueto, Denorfia, Wood or Drew Stubbs. In my mind Bailey and Bruce are untouchables.

Blue
07-11-2006, 07:40 PM
Trade Cueto, Denorfia, Wood or Drew Stubbs. In my mind Bailey and Bruce are untouchables.

Stubbs is also untouchable until next June.

RedsManRick
Man, I can't get a darn thing on ESPN.com to load properly. I want to see the drama!

Strikes Out Looking
For what it's worth, here is what Tejada is owed/was paid for the contract he signed in December 2003 with the O's.

Tejada receives a $12 million signing bonus, with $4 million payable in 2004 and $2 million each in 2005, 2006, 2010 and 2011.

He receives yearly salaries of $3 million in 2004, $9 million in 2005, $10 million in 2006, $12 million in 2007, $13 million in 2008 and $13 million in 2009.

reds44
07-11-2006, 07:41 PM
.....and if the Reds don't?

:mooner:
I'll have to go buy some exlax.

redsfan4445
07-11-2006, 07:41 PM
For what it's worth, here is what Tejada is owed/was paid for the contract he signed in December 2003 with the O's.

Honestly i woudl rather the Reds got Cabrera instead and he would be alot cheaper and a huge #4 hitter on this team..

reds44
07-11-2006, 07:42 PM
Honestly i woudl rather the Reds got Cabera instead and he would be alot cheaper and a huge #4 hitter on this team..
It would take alot more to get him. Probably Edwin and Homer.

fisch11
07-11-2006, 07:45 PM
I have a much better trade proposal:
Chris Denorfia for MLB's permission for the Reds to create their 2007 schedule.
We all know Deno's value is that high.

Blue
07-11-2006, 07:46 PM
15 pages into this thread, its finally to the point where I'd like to hear something about this from a legitimate source.

I'd also like to hear someone confirm that Buster Olney said the Reds were working on a deal bigger than when A-Rod was traded to the Yankees... that's pretty key to this whole discussion, I think.

schroomytunes
07-11-2006, 07:46 PM
I would much rather have Lopez than Tejada, cause Lopez wont cost but about half of what Tejeda's getting and that money could be spent on pitching. Now on the other hand I wonder if we could land Miquel Cabrera from Florida, and what it would take to land him in Cincy. I think this package would get him here:

Reds trade: Edwin Encarnacion, Bj symanski, Chris Denorfia, Ty Pelland

Marlins trade: Miguel Cabrera and Randy Messenger

redsfan4445
07-11-2006, 07:47 PM
It would take alot more to get him. Probably Edwin and Homer.

ok.. Edwin, Bailey, Kearns and another prospect for Willis, Herges and Cabrera

reds44
07-11-2006, 07:48 PM
I would much rather have Lopez than Tejada, cause Lopez wont cost but about half of what Tejeda's getting and that money could be spent on pitching. Now on the other hand I wonder if we could land Miquel Cabrera from Florida, and what it would take to land him in Cincy. I think this package would get him here:

Reds trade: Edwin Encarnacion, Bj symanski, Chris Denorfia, Ty Pelland

Marlins trade: Miguel Cabrera and Randy Messenger
The Marlins would NEVER do that.

reds44
07-11-2006, 07:48 PM
They would never do that for both.

RedsFanatic
07-11-2006, 07:49 PM
Without Homer and Bruce it would probaly take Edwin, Cueto, Wood and Denorfia for Cabrera or Willis.

Strikes Out Looking
07-11-2006, 07:50 PM
I'd rather have Tom Seaver for Steve Henderson, Dan Norman, Pat Zachary and Doug Flynn.

reds44
Without Homer and Bruce it would probaly take Edwin, Cueto, Wood and Denorfia for Cabrera or Willis.
That is more of a real possibilty.

FeartheEars
Originally Posted by redsfan4445

Add Bruce into that and then maybe.... Cabrera is still young and fits in with the youth movement in Florida but will become expensive soon. Have to give up more than just his replacement and minor league fodder.

Handofdeath
07-11-2006, 07:51 PM

Can you guarantee me that Bailey will be better than Willis? No, you can't. In my opinion no one in a minor league system should be untouchable. How many Reds (or former Reds) can you name who tore it up in the minors and came to the majors and couldn't get it done? The Show is a looonnnggg way from AAA.

kbrake
07-11-2006, 07:59 PM
Not trying to sound like I'm someone important cause I am not but I have been talking with Furman via email since I found this thread and he said he talked to Krivsky (around 5 pm) and that nothing is happening. Sorry if this killed it for some of the dreamers I know it was fun.

CincyReds2003
07-11-2006, 08:04 PM
Not trying to sound like I'm someone important cause I am not but I have been talking with Furman via email since I found this thread and he said he talked to Krivsky (around 5 pm) and that nothing is happening. Sorry if this killed it for some of the dreamers I know it was fun.

But would Krivsky let the cat out of the bag if something was transpiring? I doubt it, so I'll wait for the next 48 hours.

Wheelhouse
07-11-2006, 08:05 PM
Why would Krivsky say something to Furman of all people?

Blue
07-11-2006, 08:07 PM
Why would Krivsky say something to Furman of all people?

HA! That's funny.

kbrake
07-11-2006, 08:12 PM
I'm just saying that any deal with the Marlins (at least for Willis/Miggy) seems highly unlikely. The only reason I posted that was because that is now one person who has direct contact with Krivsky as opposed to the zero on here who do.

edabbs44
07-11-2006, 08:13 PM
I'd do that.

Handofdeath
07-11-2006, 08:14 PM
But would Krivsky let the cat out of the bag if something was transpiring? I doubt it, so I'll wait for the next 48 hours.

This would be the biggest trade in baseball for a long time. I doubt Krivsky would say too much to anybody. You never know who might leak it.

CincyReds2003
07-11-2006, 08:18 PM
This would be the biggest trade in baseball for a long time. I doubt Krivsky would say too much to anybody. You never know who might leak it.

Especially if it isn't approved by Selig yet...Also, as an earlier poster stated, nothing if this magnitude is going to transpire on the day of the All-Star Game.

Roy Tucker
07-11-2006, 08:20 PM
Just for historical reference so zomb can hurl in his mouth more and RL can recall his worst day... But we do still have the Nooch just in case...

Brian Moehler

July 23, 2002: Traded by the Detroit Tigers with Matt Boone (minors) and cash to the Cincinnati Reds for players to be named later and David Espinosa (minors). The Cincinnati Reds sent Noochie Varner (minors) (August 30, 2002) and Jorge Cordova (minors) (September 24, 2002) to the Detroit Tigers to complete the trade.

KronoRed
07-11-2006, 08:24 PM
Great trade that was

kbrake
07-11-2006, 08:25 PM
Furman did make a point to say to me that nothing like this would ever go down during the all-star break because it would take too much away from the game.

pedro
07-11-2006, 08:27 PM
Furman did make a point to say to me that nothing like this would ever go down during the all-star break because it would take too much away from the game.

well, it might happen during the break, but not until tomorrow.

GOREDSGO32
07-11-2006, 08:28 PM
All I can say is whoever we trade for should NOT be a one or two year rental, we need a future franchise player, someone young, a good hot prospect. I have the feeling that this year we aren't going to make the playoffs regardless - we need to use the few tradeable players we do have to get a pitcher who will be a future force for this team.

Shaggy Sanchez
07-11-2006, 08:48 PM
This afternoon on the Dan Patrick show Steve Phillips said that he didn't see the Marlins trading Willis. I'm not crazy about Phillips but he did make some good points. The Marlins have a payroll of 14 million so giving Willis a huge raise will not really hurt them. They are actually a pretty decent team considering they just had a fire sale, with the players they have it is possible they could be contending for the playoffs in a year or two and a guy like Willis is exactly what a team would want at the top of their rotation.

Gainesville Red
07-11-2006, 08:55 PM
Any word yet on when/where Olney supposedly said the Reds were on to something A-Rod sized?

markymark69
07-11-2006, 09:31 PM
I really do not know what to think. If the rumor is true, I am ecstatic. If not, it wouldn't be the first time that I have disappointed.

A couple of observations. In relation to the "rumor" thread being deleted on the ESPN site. Why would MLB or ESPN care about a rumor, unless there is something to it?

The fact that the All-Star game is front and center tonight, obvoiusly they want to keep it in the forefront, a trade of this magnitude would definitely take away from the mid-summer classic.

Secondly, why are most surprised that Kearns could be traded for Willis? I read thread after thread after thread on this site about what people think we could get for Kearns and it's always something in the neighborhood of what is being proposed.

I look forward to finding out how this is going to play out.

Blue
07-11-2006, 09:48 PM
The rumor was on the Reds message board on the ESPN site. It wasn't an article or anything.

Falls City Beer
07-11-2006, 09:51 PM
Waiting for Guffman.

goreds2
07-11-2006, 09:55 PM

A GM saying nothing is going on is like a GM saying a managers job is safe then the manager gets fired a week later.

If Krivsky would have told Tracy Jones this, I would have believed it because Tracy PLAYED THE GAME. ;)

somethingtony
07-11-2006, 09:57 PM
Just adding to the conspiracy theory but there is fireworks going off right now over at the ballpark. Doubt it means anything but still.......

LoganBuck
07-11-2006, 10:00 PM
Furman would have blabbed if something was up, so I don't think his response necessarily means Krivsky told him anything one way or another.

KoryMac5
07-11-2006, 10:07 PM
I can't see anything happening until right before the deadline. Many teams will wait until the last minute to deal players for prospects holding out for the best possible deal.

goreds2
07-11-2006, 10:11 PM
I can't see anything happening until right before the deadline. Many teams will wait until the last minute to deal players for prospects holding out for the best possible deal.

Very good point.

GridironGrace
07-11-2006, 10:26 PM
I dont trade Dunn for anything other than a Starting Pitcher who will be our Ace for atleast the next 5 seasons lol.

Dangle Kearns.... Look to maybe move Aurilia......maybe even Hatte with his play this season...

Jpup
07-11-2006, 10:35 PM
Bailey and Denorfia for Willis?

Would you?

reds44
07-11-2006, 10:37 PM
Bailey and Denorfia for Willis?

Would you?
Yes.

I don't know if the Marlins would, but it is an interesting deal. They might.

goreds2
07-11-2006, 10:37 PM
I dont trade Dunn for anything other than a Starting Pitcher who will be our Ace for atleast the next 5 seasons lol.

Dangle Kearns.... Look to maybe move Aurilia......maybe even Hatte with his play this season...

As they just posted at the All Star Game, 20 of 32 teams are currently within 6 games of a playoff spot. It may be difficult to make a trade.

Jpup
07-11-2006, 10:39 PM
Yes.

I don't know if the Marlins would, but it is an interesting deal. They might.

I think I would have to as well.

buckeyenut
07-11-2006, 10:43 PM
What I don't get is why the other teams are necessarily making the deal. This trade upgrades us tremendously, Bruce or other major prospects have to be included. Kearns isnt enough for Willis even though I am a huge Kearns fan. Hatterberg and Lopez for Tejada only works if Baltimore picks up some salary. I am all for it. Tejada is one of the better hitters in the game and Willis, Harang, and Arroyo would give us one of the best front 3 in the NL central. If it goes down what do the Cardinals do to counter?

BAL deals Tejada because he makes a ton of money and is not happy.

FLA deals Willis because he is due to make a boatload next year and is at peak value. And by the time the team is ready, he will be too old.

FLA deals Cabrera because they have had a lot of problems with him and his attitude, including another one recently with him and Scott Olsen getting into a fight. They may be tired of dealing with him. Plus another big payday next year.

There are very logical reasons why these teams would make these moves. Now, do they go down? Who knows. But it could be completely logical from their perspectives. And the Reds really are a good fit, believe it or not, for both IF they are willing to take on the $$, which with BCast around, they MAY be willing to do.

FeartheEars
07-11-2006, 10:49 PM
I understand all those arguments I am just saying that one of the A prospects has to be included. If I were the Marlins I would be holding out for Bruce or Bailey. Would love to see either trade go down and would be praising B cast and Special K as the Reds version of Marvin Lewis as I feel thats what they are going to become.

Gainesville Red
07-11-2006, 11:22 PM
Alright, Allstar game's over.

Who'd we get?

goreds2
07-11-2006, 11:25 PM
Alright, Allstar game's over.

Who'd we get?

Trevor Hoffman? :D

redsupport
07-11-2006, 11:27 PM
we had him originally along with the formidable Scott Pose

Gallen5862
07-11-2006, 11:30 PM
Who is the ptbnl we got from the Marlins for Cody Ross? Would we give that ptbnl back to keep one of our prospects in the deal?

Blue
07-11-2006, 11:30 PM
and B.J. Ryan... whew, I sure am glad we got rid of that dead weight.

CTA513
07-11-2006, 11:34 PM
Trevor Hoffman? :D

After tonights performance he would fit right in.

:thumbup:

Patrick Bateman
07-11-2006, 11:35 PM
Who is the ptbnl we got from the Marlins for Cody Ross? Would we give that ptbnl back to keep one of our prospects in the deal?

Hasn't been announced yet, and it's hard to say if it could be included in a possible trade since we don't know who it is.

KronoRed
07-11-2006, 11:44 PM
Hey..maybe the deal was for the POSTER Austin Kearns
;)

Patrick Bateman
07-11-2006, 11:47 PM
Hey..maybe the deal was for the POSTER Austin Kearns
;)

Unfortunately, on the open market, I'm worth probably about as much as a Don Mossi baseball card. To be honest, I think that would be a poor trade.

Blue
07-11-2006, 11:48 PM
I asked the guy from mlbtraderumors about this (he's from Chicago) and he said he hadn't heard anything about Olney saying that the Reds were on the verge of a big deal. Of course, this still doesn't mean he didn't actually say it.

Shaknb8k
07-11-2006, 11:49 PM
So this rumor got big on the ESPN message boards which were down for the All Star Game and now have came back up once the game is over. Im not into magic bullet stories but that just seems wierd. Almost like MLB did not want this getting huge while the game was going on.

REDSEER
07-11-2006, 11:55 PM
Yep, everything is back to normal on ESPN.com........the full thread is there and one poster checked the post history of those reporting the trade....and they are both normal....I think I'm getting a little too excited over this since it seems so real.....hopefully I'm not brought back down to earth tomorrow......

CTA513
07-11-2006, 11:56 PM
Some guy standing in line at Wendys told me the rumor was true.

:eek:

Blue
07-11-2006, 11:59 PM

What is the rule on Sports or Consequences? Something like: it is only a legitimate source if it is written on a paper towel by your neighbor at a bar?

Razor Shines
07-12-2006, 12:00 AM

Nope, don't believe it everybody knows anything you hear at Wendy's is a lie. Taco Bell is where you go to get the real scoop on stories. That's where I found out that we were getting JR. a week before it happened.

Blue
07-12-2006, 12:03 AM
Nope, don't believe it everybody knows anything you hear at Wendy's is a lie. Taco Bell is where you go to get the real scoop on stories. That's where I found out that we were getting JR. a week before it happened.

Well, what are you waiting for? Drop in, ask a few questions, get a crunchwrap supreme, and you're GOOD TO GO!

reds44
07-12-2006, 12:04 AM
Alright 3 different people said they heard it.....

the originater- Marc4Marq

Kearns to the Fish

Willis to the Reds

Tejada to the Reds

Lopez and Hatteberg to the O's....

I guess the Reds are serious about making a run this year!!!

HOLY SMOKES!

then- twinsuksoxrock5

http://forums.espn.go.com/espn/thread?forumID=733&start=20&threadID=3953751&sortBy=null

This isn't a lie!
Espn radio 1000 in chicago is reporting that the reds are on the verge of making a multi team deal that includes Willis and also could include another allstar they wouldn't announce who. They said it'll be confirmed tomorrow morning.
I dont know how this works te reds got the best of the deal. Unless they have amazing prospects....

Anyone who was listening at about 1:55 you would know what I'm talking about.
I'm sure you'll hear callers about this so listen.
WOW

finally- SoxWillRepea...:
http://forums.espn.go.com/espn/thread?forumID=733&start=20&threadID=3953751&sortBy=null

If this is true i doubt he'll deny it, But if there is a trade he thinks is unfair he can deny the trade. The trade has to be approved by the Commish. This probably would be accepted.

Still doesn't mean if it is true, but if the Orioles are looking to get rid of Tejada's contract they coudl want Felipe and the Hat. And if we gave the Fish Kearns and Homer maybe it would get us Willis?

Oh no, I am almost starting to kinda believe this. Somebody slap me and don't let me be this stupid.

reds44
07-12-2006, 12:07 AM
Add a 4th....

http://forums.espn.go.com/espn/thread?forumID=110&start=40&threadID=3953755&sortBy=null

Sorry if you guys dont hear this I live in central Ohio (near Columbus) and I am tuned into 1460 AM and he is currently talking about the fact that they may be working on a big trade as he speaks...

RedsMan3203
07-12-2006, 12:08 AM
Oh no, I am almost starting to kinda believe this. Somebody slap me and don't let me be this stupid.

:SLAP:

Now go to bed and lets wake up to wonderful news tomorrow... Atleast if anything goes down tomorrow you should know... I'll be down in Cincinnnati all day tomorrow doing odds and ends stuff and not having much contact... (shall be away from the radio)

Blue
07-12-2006, 12:09 AM
The thing that makes me think it isn't true is the involvement of Hatteberg. It just doesn't make good sense. Why would the Orioles want a guy with a one year contract? There would have to be a prospect heading to Baltimore too.

MartyFan
07-12-2006, 12:12 AM
So...as of now...12:11 AM on July 12, 2006...who are the names being thrown around in this block buster?

Crash Davis
The thing that makes me think it isn't true is the involvement of Hatteberg. It just doesn't make good sense. Why would the Orioles want a guy with a one year contract? There would have to be a prospect heading to Baltimore too.

Right. Hatteberg makes zero sense for the O's. They're not a contender, he's a free agent at the end of the year, and they already have two other aging veteran first basemen.

Votto, on the other hand, makes a lot of sense for the Orioles.

CTA513

The guy worked at the Taco Bell next door so its true.

:thumbup:

Razor Shines
07-12-2006, 12:15 AM
Kearns to the Fish

Willis to the Reds

Tejada to the Reds

Well I tried that trade on MVP 2005 and the computer wouldn't accept it. So obviously it's not going to happen.

Crash Davis
This afternoon on the Dan Patrick show Steve Phillips said that he didn't see the Marlins trading Willis. I'm not crazy about Phillips but he did make some good points. The Marlins have a payroll of 14 million so giving Willis a huge raise will not really hurt them. They are actually a pretty decent team considering they just had a fire sale, with the players they have it is possible they could be contending for the playoffs in a year or two and a guy like Willis is exactly what a team would want at the top of their rotation.

Logic says the Marlins won't be trading Willis for exactly those reasons. And the Reds won't be trading Homer Bailey for obvious reasons.

reds44
Kearns to the Fish

Willis to the Reds

Tejada to the Reds

Well I tried that trade on MVP 2005 and the computer wouldn't accept it. So obviously it's not going to happen.
According to the internet doods, prospects would be involved in this deal.

NatiRedGals
07-12-2006, 12:16 AM
Espn radio is reporting it.
Didnt say Tejada though all they said was there was a multi team deal and the reds got Willis and may have got a player on the allstar team. Hmmm maybe tejada??
Will be anounced tomorrow including the prospects. Do you guys have prosects cuz this trade would cause riots and raise eyebrows.

Blue
07-12-2006, 12:16 AM
Right. Hatteberg makes zero sense for the O's. They're not a contender, he's a free agent at the end of the year, and they already have two other aging veteran first basemen.

Votto, on the other hand, makes a lot of sense for the Orioles.

Yeah, Votto crossed my mind. It would make sense for him to be a part of any potential deal.

reds44
07-12-2006, 12:17 AM
Espn radio is reporting it.
Didnt say Tejada though all they said was there was a multi team deal and the reds got Willis and may have got a player on the allstar team. Hmmm maybe tejada??
Will be anounced tomorrow including the prospects. Do you guys have prosects cuz this trade would cause riots and raise eyebrows.
Alright you have been a pretty solid poster on this board, did YOU YOURSELF actually hear this?

And I advise you to tell the truth.

NatiRedGals
07-12-2006, 12:18 AM
Re: Huge trade just went down: Congrats!
cincybengals... Posted: Jul 11, 2006 01:28 PM Quote
in the last 60 days

Allright, just got done talking to my buddy who lives in Springfield, IL. He told me this...

"this deal is all in speculation, but all 3 gm's r rumored to love the deal, and it could go down by as early as this weekend"

It's a start, maybe not the gigantic blockbuster thats being promoted but expect a big player to land with us. He also told me that it is in fact the Reds-Marlins-O's.

NatiRedGals
07-12-2006, 12:19 AM
I didnt hear it... but my cousin said he did yet do i believe my cousin idk? But if its true shoot me because i never once thought id live to see this

RedsMan3203
07-12-2006, 12:20 AM
Who is this guy you speak of who lives in IL? Why would he have intrests in this deal and how would he know of anything?

redsfan30
07-12-2006, 12:21 AM
Did you actually hear that yourself on ESPN Radio???

NatiRedGals
I just posted it said by someone espn board! said his friend heard it on the radio down thier

Shaknb8k
I am no listening to ESPN Radio and I will report if i hear anything about it.

reds44
Did you actually hear that yourself on ESPN Radio???

I didnt hear it... but my cousin said he did yet do i believe my cousin idk? But if its true shoot me because i never once thought id live to see this
No he did not.

RedsMan3203
What is the longest non-game thread we've had before?

NatiRedGals
07-12-2006, 12:22 AM
but the radio thing my cousin heard it not me

NatiRedGals
07-12-2006, 12:22 AM
im about to turn it on just for the hell of it

Petitt33
07-12-2006, 12:23 AM
I just turned ESPN Radio on as well...

REDSEER
07-12-2006, 12:23 AM
Man, I'm going to feel stupid when this all turns out to be a giant rumor.....I've spent this whole day following it.....

Razor Shines
07-12-2006, 12:25 AM
According to the internet doods, prospects would be involved in this deal.
I didn't actually try it. I was just making the point that an old video game has as much crediblity as these rumors.

RedsMan3203
Man, I'm going to feel stupid when this all turns out to be a giant rumor.....I've spent this whole day following it.....

Its been raining off and on all day and between doing yard work between the rain i've been on here reading.... Atleast you've had some good laughs today... Its been fun.

Blue

Don't act like its not fun... you know it is. :D

REDSEER
07-12-2006, 12:26 AM
Don't act like its not fun... you know it is. :D
No kidding, I LIVE FOR THIS :laugh: :laugh:

Shaknb8k
ESPN talking about Bonds and his court problems.....no mention of anything yet.

reds44
I didn't actually try it. I was just making the point that an old video game has as much crediblity as these rumors.
I wasn't talking about you trying it on MVP baseball, I was talking about the players that you said were involved.

MartyFan
07-12-2006, 12:28 AM
The best thing about this is that each of us believes this front office has the "courage" to pull a deal like this and that the ownership has the desire to do what it takes to win...if this is just a rumor...BIG DEAL...this team is going in the right direction.

Razor Shines
07-12-2006, 12:29 AM
cincybengals... Posted: Jul 11, 2006 01:28 PM Quote
in the last 60 days

Allright, just got done talking to my buddy who lives in Springfield, IL. He told me this...

"this deal is all in speculation, but all 3 gm's r rumored to love the deal, and it could go down by as early as this weekend"

It's a start, maybe not the gigantic blockbuster thats being promoted but expect a big player to land with us. He also told me that it is in fact the Reds-Marlins-O's.
razorshines1b Posted: Jul 11, 2006 01:37 PM Quote
in the last 60 days

He lives in Springfield, IL? Then I definately believe it. Anyone who lives in Spingfield, IL automatically knows more than anyone else, that's why it's so hard to get a place to live there. Information flows through there like sewage flows through Terre Haute, IN.

Still my response.

NatiRedGals
07-12-2006, 12:31 AM
razorshines1b Posted: Jul 11, 2006 01:37 PM Quote
in the last 60 days

He lives in Springfield, IL? Then I definately believe it. Anyone who lives in Spingfield, IL automatically knows more than anyone else, that's why it's so hard to get a place to live there. Information flows through there like sewage flows through Terre Haute, IN.

Still my response.

lol yep i like it :)

RedsIn07
07-12-2006, 12:32 AM
I wish Big Donkey was around so we could at least know if thre was at least some real word of anything in particular around, but I haven't seen him around in months.

Shaknb8k
40 People viewing the thread at 12:30 at night......gotta love rumors.....ESPN Radio Update: Still talking about Bonds legal problems

MartyFan
Team Clark may know something....

RedsMan3203
07-12-2006, 12:33 AM
I'm sure if anyone knows anything they are on shut their mouth mode.

MartyFan
07-12-2006, 12:34 AM

Agreed...especially if they ever want to work with this Front Office.

NatiRedGals
07-12-2006, 12:34 AM

well only reason they would keep their mouth closed cause there laughing their butts off because its all this and it aint gonna happen:evil:

MartyFan
07-12-2006, 12:35 AM
It feels sort of like Christmas Eve...of course...I won't recall the entire memory of Christmas eve for you...but a guy can dream!

RedsMan3203
07-12-2006, 12:35 AM
well only reason they would keep their mouth closed cause there laughing their butts off because its all this and it aint gonna happen:evil:

No, its called a job......

NatiRedGals
07-12-2006, 12:36 AM
No, its called a job......

I meant us like one of us i know they cant:beerme:

Razor Shines
07-12-2006, 12:37 AM
Agreed...especially if they ever want to work with this Front Office.
And I do recall Team Clark recently posting that he would love to work for the Reds if he had the chance. Or something to that effect it's not an exact quote.

RedsMan3203
07-12-2006, 12:42 AM
I feel sorry for someone who has to read all of these pages at 1 time...

This thread is getting rather long.

MartyFan
07-12-2006, 12:45 AM
I was around at the start of it...left for several hours and jumped back in....didn't read all of the stuff in between...just asked for an update of the names...not like most guys...I ask for help and directions.

REDSEER
Someone's not a happy camper in the ESPN thread......

maria028795 Posted: Jul 11, 2006 09:43 PM Quote
in the last 60 days
I'm a HUGE MARLINS FAN. Not to be rude, but you guys are a bunch of IDIOTS, if you actually think this would happen.

Marc4Marq you should not watch baseball anymore. Why would the Marlins want to do this?

The Dodgers offered us Billingsley, Kemp, and R.Martin; The Mets offered L.Milledge and M.Pelfrey, for Dontrelle Willis; WE SAID NO!

Why would the Marlins want AUSTIN KEARNS?????, and a mid-level prospect,now?

Why would the O's want Scott Hatteberg?????

I must say, YOU ARE A GOOD LIAR! lol.

This is a joke, and I'm out of words for STUPID PEOPLE!!!

Have nice dreams because this post is a LIE. IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN, REDS FANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shaknb8k
ESPN just came back from the break and went straight into Selig's comments today about steroids.

Razor Shines
07-12-2006, 12:51 AM
Someone's not a happy camper in the ESPN thread......

maria028795 Posted: Jul 11, 2006 09:43 PM Quote
in the last 60 days
I'm a HUGE MARLINS FAN. Not to be rude, but you guys are a bunch of IDIOTS, if you actually think this would happen.

Marc4Marq you should not watch baseball anymore. Why would the Marlins want to do this?

The Dodgers offered us Billingsley, Kemp, and R.Martin; The Mets offered L.Milledge and M.Pelfrey, for Dontrelle Willis; WE SAID NO!

Why would the Marlins want AUSTIN KEARNS?????, and a mid-level prospect,now?

Why would the O's want Scott Hatteberg?????

I must say, YOU ARE A GOOD LIAR! lol.

This is a joke, and I'm out of words for STUPID PEOPLE!!!

Have nice dreams because this post is a LIE. IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN, REDS FANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Think how pissed he would be if it actually happened. Makes me smile.

NatiRedGals
07-12-2006, 12:54 AM
Think how pissed he would be if it actually happened. Makes me smile.
:evil: :eek: :cool: :laugh:

Shaknb8k
07-12-2006, 01:08 AM
this is my final ESPN Radio update as i can see the thread is slowing down for the night and my eyelids are getting heavier.....but as of 1:07 no mention what so ever of any type of trade going down.

realreds1
07-12-2006, 01:09 AM
So... how does this possible trade fix our bullpen problems? :)

savafan
07-12-2006, 01:12 AM
I'm hearing there was talk of a Dunn and Larue deal to LA for Penny and Repko. I've heard it has been discussed, but with LA still in contention, I don't see why they would trade a pitcher like Penny so it makes no sense to me.

realreds1
07-12-2006, 01:13 AM
I thought Joe Buck made a pretty good point tonight. 20 of the 30 MLB teams are still in contention - for the wild card at least. With that in mind, will we see a flurry of deadline trades being made?

savafan
07-12-2006, 01:15 AM
I thought Joe Buck made a pretty good point tonight. 20 of the 30 MLB teams are still in contention - for the wild card at least. With that in mind, will we see a flurry of deadline trades being made?

Probably not the deadline deals we're used to seeing. Look for deals that improve both ballclubs.

Caveat Emperor
07-12-2006, 01:33 AM
Probably not the deadline deals we're used to seeing. Look for deals that improve both ballclubs.

I've found the general rule of thumb is thus:

Name-for-Name trades happen in the offseason while Name-for-Prospect trades happen at the deadline.

I could see this year being an exception, as teams swap around major league talent to compete for this year as opposed to straight salary dumping or buying.

savafan
07-12-2006, 01:43 AM
I'm hearing nothing on ESPN radio

Topcat
07-12-2006, 01:44 AM
Wow after 7 days of work in a row ! Reading this thread was nothing but pure entertainment lol. It is like my dream of a knock on the door when I am all wobbly pop drunk and dreaming of opening it and Jessica Simpson is there, but the true reality is it is Roseanne Barr :(

Tom Servo
07-12-2006, 02:00 AM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-marnot12jul12,0,3886202.story?coll=sfla-sports-front

PITTSBURGH -- Things have been eerily quiet on the Dontrelle Willis front, but in this case that's a good thing for Marlins followers.

Baseball people who have talked with the Marlins at the All-Star Game say any trade overtures regarding the franchise left-hander have been quickly rejected.

"At this point he's untouchable," a National League source said Tuesday. "He's not available, and I really don't foresee that changing."

The Marlins aren't involved in any major discussions, but they could take bids for veterans such as Joe Borowski, Matt Herges and Wes Helms as the July 31 nonwaiver trade deadline approaches.

The emergence of Miguel Olivo as a solid everyday catcher has lessened the need for the Marlins to acquire a high-level prospect at that position, leaving center field as the lone obvious hole in the lineup.

Luis Matos, whom the Orioles designated for assignment last week, could be an option. But Baltimore would have to eat virtually all of the $800,000 or so that remains on his contract this year.

Plus, there are makeup questions about Matos and his reputation for moodiness.

The Marlins have an interest in Astros center fielder Willy Tavares, who is being shopped around, and the young pitching to entice Houston. But the Astros likely would need a replacement in center back in the deal.

Not the best news, but it is just the typical "There's no way we're trading *player A*" claims that can never be trusted until the market is officially closed.

reds44
07-12-2006, 02:08 AM
My head hurts....

jesusfan
07-12-2006, 02:13 AM
I'm going to bed... I didn't believe this at first, but after seeing so many people saying they heard this on the Radio that made me think "what if" I just don't understand why this would leak on ESPN Radio but no where else on the net or TV... oh well, I guess we'll see tomorrow.

KronoRed
07-12-2006, 02:26 AM
Only thing in this thread I can see happening is Jake Westbrook, and I hope we don't pay the farm for him

Blue
07-12-2006, 02:31 AM
Which rumor is more unbelievable?

The one we don't know the original source of (sourceless claim on ESPN board) and we land Willis and/or Tejada?

or

The one we know the original source of (some writer's opinion) and we land Jake Westbrook?

hmm... I say neither, but I bet something does happen pretty soon.

corkedbat
07-12-2006, 08:20 AM
Soooo...what times the presser then? :D

zombie-a-go-go
07-12-2006, 08:25 AM
I heard we were getting John Rocker for Billy Hatcher.

redsupport
07-12-2006, 08:28 AM
and Terry Lee

LexingtonRedleg
07-12-2006, 08:35 AM
The return for Dunn would have to be tremendous. Like Liriano-big.
I can't say I agree with you. I'd want more for Kearns than Dunn. Dunn hits taters, that's about it, IMO. If you think about it, he really is a defensive liability in LF. He does nothing in the field that makes me say "Only a couple players in MLB could do that." He's going to cost a lot of money in the next few years, and I'd rather have a .280 ish hitter with 25-30 HRs and 100 RBI than a .230 hitter with 50/95.

Roy Tucker
07-12-2006, 08:48 AM
I'm hearing nothing on ESPN radio
Is your radio turned on?

:cool:

RFS62
07-12-2006, 08:58 AM
Is your radio turned on?

Wouldn't make any difference on this thread.

Redhook
07-12-2006, 09:03 AM
I can't say I agree with you. I'd want more for Kearns than Dunn. Dunn hits taters, that's about it, IMO. If you think about it, he really is a defensive liability in LF. He does nothing in the field that makes me say "Only a couple players in MLB could do that." He's going to cost a lot of money in the next few years, and I'd rather have a .280 ish hitter with 25-30 HRs and 100 RBI than a .230 hitter with 50/95.

Kearns hasn't hit 25-30 HR's and 100 RBI. He might, but he hasn't. Dunn would get about 3 times the amount of talent that Kearns would bring in.

zombie-a-go-go
07-12-2006, 09:03 AM

Warning!! Warning!!

Thread Derailment to Commence in 3... 2...

REDREAD
07-12-2006, 09:14 AM
lastly you wouldn't take a one possibly two relievers with ERAs south of 4.10(Herges/Borowski) for Denorfia?

Yes, I'd do that trade in a heartbeat. We need bullpen a lot more than a 4th OF.

Krusty
07-12-2006, 09:21 AM
We trade Dunn for Ervin Santana and I will slit my throat.

What if RHP Brenden Donnelly was added to the deal?

registerthis
07-12-2006, 09:30 AM
What is the longest non-game thread we've had before?

Probably something to do with Dunn, Ks and OBP, or something along those lines...

EDIT: Spoke too soon. Didn't imagine this could BECOME a Dunn thread.

Jpup
07-12-2006, 09:30 AM
What if RHP Brenden Donnelly was added to the deal?

I think we have already talked about it, but I would say no.

redsfan30
07-12-2006, 09:35 AM
I still get the impression that something will go down before 7:10 tomorrow night.

It most likely won't be anything horribly major, but I just feel something is coming.

membengal
07-12-2006, 09:43 AM
Ex-Twin? Check. Brings glove but no bat? Check. Veteran? check. Available? Check.

How about laying money that WK brings in Doug Mientkewicz? Then, he and Castro could play together in the occasional ill-fated game, along with Aurilia at 3b, and against a righty with a pulse, a perfect game is in play for the opposition...

RichRed
07-12-2006, 09:44 AM
I hear the Reds are about to trade Frank Duffy and Vern Geishert for some kid named George Foster. I hate to see Duffy go - he's a Stanford grad so you know he's a smart player. I think the Reds will regret this move.

registerthis
07-12-2006, 09:45 AM
I must say, you've got quite the Castro fascination there, Membengal.

LexingtonRedleg
07-12-2006, 09:47 AM
Kearns hasn't hit 25-30 HR's and 100 RBI. He might, but he hasn't. Dunn would get about 3 times the amount of talent that Kearns would bring in.
I wasn't necessarily referring to kearns hitting 25-30. But you're right, Dunn would bring in a lot more than Kearns would, and I think Kearns is a more well-rounded player.

Krusty
07-12-2006, 09:48 AM
After reading this thread for the past 30 minutes, if there is one rumor that could make sense it could be this:

[B]Kearns and Lopez to Baltimore for shortstop Miguel Tejeda and possibly a reliever.

For the Reds, it upgrades their defense at shortstop where Lopez has had some problems this season. Tejeda's bat will help offset the loss of offensive production of Kearns and Lopez. Chris Denorfia could be recalled to take Kearns spot in RF and create more playing time for Ryan Freel.

For the Orioles, they fill two positions and unload a disgruntled player.

membengal
07-12-2006, 09:49 AM
I must say, you've got quite the Castro fascination there, Membengal.

I would have less of one if my favorite team would show some common sense in how they are using him...

Redus
07-12-2006, 09:51 AM
with all the roid whispers surrounding Tejada I dont know if Im too keen on getting him. One thing I do think is that something is coming and its a good thing. This team needs a little shake up.

dabvu2498
07-12-2006, 09:54 AM
I would have less of one if my favorite team would show some common sense in how they are using him...
For the record: the Reds haven't used Castro in 6 straight days now! ;) :D

ochre
07-12-2006, 10:03 AM
I just checked the cell phone hacking forum I go to every so often and they are reporting that the Reds have been talking to Chuck Knoblauch.

membengal
07-12-2006, 10:09 AM
I just checked the cell phone hacking forum I go to every so often and they are reporting that the Reds have been talking to Chuck Knoblauch.

Excellent! Ex-Twin? Check. Veteran? Check. But...questionable defense and then some, clouds that a bit. Then again, he IS available.

fielder's choice
07-12-2006, 10:20 AM
Take it for what it's worth, but I'm hearing Adam Dunn to Houston for Russ Springer.

Signed,

Astrobuddy

corkedbat
07-12-2006, 10:20 AM
Next thing you know, they'll be talking about resurrecting the career of Kirby Puckett.

Red Leader
07-12-2006, 10:22 AM
Take it for what it's worth, but I'm hearing Adam Dunn to Houston for Russ Springer.

Signed,

Astrobuddy

:laugh:

We could use another Springer in Cincinnati. The first one worked out well. ;)

Also, I'm hearing that Dunn will void his existing contract and sign a 10 year, $40.00 contract to play in Houston with a paid in full fishing license as a signing bonus.

dunner13
07-12-2006, 10:23 AM
On another reds thread its being reported that tejada is going to the astros and its going to be announced today. not sure if there is any truth to it just telling you what i heard.

dabvu2498
07-12-2006, 10:24 AM
On another reds thread its being reported that tejada is going to the astros and its going to be announced today. not sure if there is any truth to it just telling you what i heard.
That would be less-surprising than any of the aforementioned deals involving the Reds.

goreds2
07-12-2006, 10:26 AM
Here is something my buddy heard:

Some of the posters in the Marlins, O's, Reds & MLB general threads on ESPN.com are reporting that rumors are flying on ESPN radio & one reported that Tracy Jones on WLW reported a "huge" trade (w/ no details of course). The same poster started the same rumor on FOUR different team forums. Smells of troll to me.

corkedbat
I predict Tejeda will probably be traded seven times in the next 48 hrs. (each time for the new organizaton's top 3 prospects) and will eventually end up back with Baltimore.

dunner13
jason krish is the player i heard mentioned from the astros. Hes the guy who started the futures game for the american team. Pretty good pitching prospect.

corkedbat
07-12-2006, 10:28 AM

Some of the posters in the Marlins, O's, Reds & MLB general threads on ESPN.com are reporting that rumors are flying on ESPN radio & one reported that Tracy Jones on WLW reported a "huge" trade (w/ no details of course). The same poster started the same rumor on FOUR different team forums. Smells of troll to me.

Prolly started by Tracy, just to get his name out there and feed that Gi-normous ego.

FutureRedsGM
07-12-2006, 11:07 AM
Well, it sounds semi-official that the Houston deal is for Aubrey Huff. Where does that leave the Reds? Tejada is still available. Although I feel the Reds WILL make a couple more moves, I just can't believe that one of the huge name deals will go down during this time of year.

realreds1
07-12-2006, 11:10 AM
Next thing you know, they'll be talking about resurrecting the career of Kirby Puckett.

That's not the only thing they'd have to resurrect. :help:

Razor Shines
07-12-2006, 11:13 AM

Well for what it's worth, I was the one who said Tracy Jones reported the trade on the ESPN message boards. Actually I said I spoke with Tracy, I didn't think it would be taken seriously on this board, and it doesn't seem to have been. And I don't think Tracy would know anything about any trade much before us anyway.

bounty37h
07-12-2006, 11:18 AM
I'd do Jr. for Randy Johnson. Don't know if they would, and don't care much.

I wouldn't do it if it was Jr. and Kearns.

The Unit's old and getting older fast.

I wouldnt trade Larue for Johnson at this point

bounty37h
07-12-2006, 11:28 AM
Kind of cool and kind of frightening for sure, however, I trust this front office to make the team better. This ownership is all about accountability and results....something we aren't used to seeing.

The only move they've made I don't like is the Jerry Narron extension...I really wanted to see Lou next year.

Kind of cool and frightening is exact! I used to have a list of untouchables, and a list of would-rather-nots. I think both those lists are out the window now, and I would entertain any positive offers!!!

redsfan30
07-12-2006, 11:33 AM
Kind of cool and frightening is exact! I used to have a list of untouchables, and a list of would-rather-nots. I think both those lists are out the window now, and I would entertain any positive offers!!!
The only one on my rather not list would be Bailey. Anyone else is fair game in my opinion.

ITHIKABAND
07-12-2006, 11:34 AM
Ive read the rumor starters threads on the ESPN board. I think this guy is crazy! Check'em out for yourself. > http://forums.espn.go.com/espn/messages?username=Marc4Marq

NatiRedGals
07-12-2006, 11:39 AM
guess I'm going to be banned...
Marc4Marq Posted: Jul 11, 2006 12:59 PM Quote
in the last 60 days

I let out a huge trade for the MLB b/f they wanted it announce...thread got deleted.

Jpup
07-12-2006, 11:39 AM
guess I'm going to be banned...
Marc4Marq Posted: Jul 11, 2006 12:59 PM Quote
in the last 60 days

I let out a huge trade for the MLB b/f they wanted it announce...thread got deleted.

:help:

NatiRedGals
07-12-2006, 11:41 AM
Astros acquire Huff from Devil Rays
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20060712&content_id=1554105&vkey=pr_hou&fext=.jsp&c_id=hou

HOUSTON -- The Houston Astros announced today that they have acquired outfielder Aubrey Huff and $1.625 million in cash considerations from the Tampa Bay Devil Rays in exchange for minor league right-handed pitcher Mitch Talbot and minor league infielder Ben Zobrist. In addition, the Astros have optioned outfielder Jason Lane to Triple-A Round Rock and designated minor league infielder Joe McEwing for assignment. The announcement was made by General Manager Tim Purpura.

Huff, 30, was batting .283 (65x230) with eight home runs, 15 doubles and 28 RBI in 63 games for the Devil Rays this season. He batted .453 (29x64) in Interleague play this year, the second-best mark in the Majors. He hit .359 (33x92) in June, and on June 30, he became the first Devil Ray to reach 300 extra base hits. Huff spent 21 days on the Disabled List from April 12-May 4, his first career trip to the DL, with a strained left knee. He is batting .293 (61x208) with eight homers and 27 RBI since his return.

Currently in his sixth big league season, Huff is batting .287 (870x3028) during his career with 128 home runs and 449 RBI. He is Tampa Bay's all-time leader in games (799), at-bats (3,028), runs (400), hits (870), doubles (172), home runs (128), extra-base hits (309), and RBI (449). He made his big league debut with the Devil Rays in 2000 and is the only player in Rays history to reach the 20-home run mark in four seasons (2002-05). Huff is one of five left-handed hitters to average 100-plus RBI the past three seasons, joining David Ortiz, Carlos Delgado, Hideki Matsui and Bobby Abreu. He is a career .303 (436x1437) hitter after the All-Star break with 71 home runs and 239 RBI.

Huff was Tampa Bay's fifth-round selection in the June 1998 draft out of the University of Miami. He attended Vernon College in North Texas and played both baseball and basketball at Brewer High School in Fort Worth.

Lane, 29, is batting .205 (46x224) for the Astros this season with 11 home runs, 30 RBI and 40 walks. He made his Major League debut in 2002 and this year marked his third consecutive on the Astros Opening Day roster. He is hitting .256 (249x973) with 49 home runs and 147 RBI for his career.

Talbot, 22, is in his fourth professional season after being selected by Houston in the second round of the June 2002 draft. He is 6-4 with a 3.39 ERA (34ER/90.1IP) in 18 appearances (17 starts) for Double A Corpus Christi this season. He ranks seventh in the Texas League in ERA and third with 96 strikeouts.

Zobrist, 25, was selected by the Astros in the sixth round of the June 2004 draft. He is batting .327 (103x315) for Corpus Christi this year with three home runs, 25 doubles, six triples, and 30 RBI. He ranks second in the Texas League in batting this season. Zobrist was named a Texas League All-Star last month, and he has earned All-Star honors in each of his professional seasons.

McEwing, 33, is batting .274 (64x234) with five home runs and 28 RBI in 64 games at Triple A Round Rock this season. He was acquired by the Houston organization from Kansas City on March 30 and played in seven games for the Astros.

Tickets to all Astros games are available online at astros.com or in person at the Minute Maid Park Box Office along Texas Ave. Tickets can also be purchased via telephone toll free at 877-9-ASTROS (877-927-8767), or at any of the Astros Ticketmaster locations: Foley's, Fiesta, and select FYE and Wherehouse Music stores.

NatiRedGals
07-12-2006, 11:41 AM
so that one guy forget who it was on here was right about this being true lol

vaticanplum
07-12-2006, 11:53 AM
There's nothing about any of this on mlbtraderumors.com. Usually they're on these things if there's even a hint of anything happening (hence the "rumors" part).

MaineRed
07-12-2006, 12:10 PM
Well for what it's worth, I was the one who said Tracy Jones reported the trade on the ESPN message boards. Actually I said I spoke with Tracy, I didn't think it would be taken seriously on this board, and it doesn't seem to have been. And I don't think Tracy would know anything about any trade much before us anyway.

One of the lamest things I have ever seen anyone admit on a message board.

Razor Shines
07-12-2006, 12:24 PM
One of the lamest things I have ever seen anyone admit on a message board.
Sorry. Can I make it up to you? Anyway thanks for not holding back your feelings. "Proud of you."

NatiRedGals
07-12-2006, 12:25 PM
takes a huge rumor to get noticed i guess hah

Ok, that's it. I've had it with the m* f* snakes on this...
DanBengalFan Posted: Jul 12, 2006 08:23 AM Quote
in the last 60 days

trade rumors...

only on the espn mb's
at least they learned that any rumor involving griffey is unbelievable.

I'm thinking all serious posters should consider registering for www.redszone.com/forums

I don't know why espn even bothers to keep their own forums, they can just link to forums that don't suck.

MartyFan
07-12-2006, 12:26 PM
Sorry. Can I make it up to you? Anyway thanks for not holding back your feelings. "Proud of you."

looks like you been taking a pretty heavy hit on your prank...I'm not neging you...The conversation has been fun.

Hey Meat
07-12-2006, 12:27 PM
There's nothing about any of this on mlbtraderumors.com. Usually they're on these things if there's even a hint of anything happening (hence the "rumors" part).
They didn't have anything on the Astros Aubrey Huff deal at least that I could see. Is there any other good source for possible transactions?

Razor Shines
07-12-2006, 12:33 PM
looks like you been taking a pretty heavy hit on your prank...I'm not neging you...The conversation has been fun.
Well all I did was add a little fuel to the fire on the ESPN board. Actually what I said and by the time I said it was like throwing a couple leaves on a camp fire. Flares it up for second then it's gone. It was meant to be stupid, possibly even funny, but whatta you gonna do?

westofyou
07-12-2006, 12:37 PM
but whatta you gonna do?

Here on RZ we'd neg you for creating noise.... noise is annoying.

On some other board they might make you king.

REDSEER
07-12-2006, 12:39 PM
With every passing moment my faith that this trade will happen is dwindling.....

Razor Shines
07-12-2006, 12:41 PM

I haven't created any "noise" on this board, and I didn't mean to on the ESPN board, I didn't think I'd be taken seriously.

registerthis
07-12-2006, 12:42 PM
I didn't think I'd be taken seriously.

Well now we know.

MartyFan
07-12-2006, 12:50 PM
I haven't created any "noise" on this board, and I didn't mean to on the ESPN board, I didn't think I'd be taken seriously.

Yeah, you did...just own up to it...the other thing on RedsZone that will get you negged is if you do something...confess to it and then act like it was nothing.

No harm no foul...but so you know in the future...the board loves rumors but if you are found out to be spreading a false rumor...you take a hit.

NatiRedGals
07-12-2006, 12:50 PM
Well were sitting here and the only reason I believe it could happen is because no official source has told us that its just a rumour nothing more ... Could this mean there waiting till tonight or later in the day?! I mean why esle hasnt espn or any other popular sports channel or radio denied the trade?

MartyFan
07-12-2006, 12:52 PM
Well were sitting here and the only reason I believe it could happen is because no official source has told us that its just a rumour nothing more ... Could this mean there waiting till tonight or later in the day?! I mean why esle hasnt espn or any other popular sports channel or radio denied the trade?

Because the guy who said he started the whole thing just said he made the entire thing up.

BoydsOfSummer
07-12-2006, 12:53 PM
There goes a half hour I'll never get back.:doh:

NatiRedGals
Because the guy who said he started the whole thing just said he made the entire thing up.

where??

NatiRedGals
he wasnt the only person who said he heard it though

Reds Fanatic
07-12-2006, 12:54 PM
Because there is no reason to deny a trade someone made up on a message board. If they denied every trade someone said was going to happen on a message board that would be all they ever did.

Razor Shines
Well now we know.
Now we know what? You can't take me seriously? First of all I'm an inconsequential poster on this board anyway. Secondly, it was a joke on another board, I thought it was an obvious joke. Nobody here has made any ridiculous statements in hopes of getting a laugh or two? Guess not.

BrooklynRedz
Hilarious. I've never before seen someone admit to something like this. You don't belong to the UK rivals msgboard do you? Sounds right up their alley.

As for this rumor, something this big would be impossible to keep away from trusted sources. Too many lawyers, accountants, managers, agents, personal assistants, gardners, etc. to keep from hitting the airwaves.

MartyFan
He was the one who said he started it on the ESPN board...

EddieMilner

Its the Allstar Break, who cares if he creates noise. I really didn't feel like reading about the Homerun derby, or people complaining about Selig calling the game in a tie a few years back. Get over yourself.

Gainesville Red

Probably because they don't care what we think is going on. Probably pretty busy trying to put together real deals. Just a little website rumor. Dosen't even get a confirmation or clarification one way or another. It's fun for us to speculate though.

westofyou
07-12-2006, 12:56 PM
Its the Allstar Break, who cares if he creates noise. I really didn't feel like reading about the Homerun derby, or people complaining about Selig calling the game in a tie a few years back. Get over yourself.
Frankly I don't care, I'm just stating a fact.

So how bout you getting over yourself?

MartyFan
07-12-2006, 12:56 PM
Razor: Nobody is making you out to be the "bad guy" here...it's just something to know about how this board works...if you want to make something up....don't.

Razor Shines
07-12-2006, 12:57 PM
You don't mean me? I didn't make anything up. I am not the one who started this on that other board, I just jumped in a few pages into that thread, because of how ridiculous it was.

NatiRedGals
07-12-2006, 12:58 PM
You don't mean me? I didn't make anything up. I am not the one who started this on that other board, I just jumped in a few pages into that thread, because of how ridiculous it was.

see told you he didnt start it it could still be true:beerme:

Red Leader
He was the one who said he started it on the ESPN board...

In fairness to Razor Shines, I don't think he said that he started it, and I don't think he started it. He just simply posted on ESPN message boards that he talked to Tracy Jones and Tracy Jones verified it. Like Tracy Jones is a credible source since he "played the game". :laugh:

I don't see where he should be neg'd. He didn't make up the whole rumor, he was just adding a smart :mooner: comment on to the rumor on ESPN. No harm done being a smart :mooner: . It's got me to where I am today.

MartyFan

Yep, I did mean you....sorry I got that wrong.

Falls City Beer
Guffman arrives!!

dabvu2498
07-12-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread reminds me of my high school days.

"He said that you said that she said that I said..." and then "Get over yourself... No, you get over yourself..."

In some ways, that's cool, because I actually liked high school because I was smarter than all those people.

Now, it's occaisionally good to be challenged mentally. This thread has done that in form, but not in substance.

Razor Shines
07-12-2006, 01:01 PM
In fairness to Razor Shines, I don't think he said that he started it, and I don't think he started it. He just simply posted on ESPN message boards that he talked to Tracy Jones and Tracy Jones verified it. Like Tracy Jones is a credible source since he "played the game". :laugh:

I don't see where he should be neg'd. He didn't make up the whole rumor, he was just adding a smart :mooner: comment on to the rumor on ESPN. No harm done being a smart :mooner: . It's got me to where I am today.
That's exactly right. If someone wants to say that was wrong, then fine, but don't think I started this whole thing.

MartyFan
07-12-2006, 01:01 PM

Agreed...I already said I wasn't going to neg him...that the conversation has been fun...but also back up what WOY said with regards to rumors on this board...that's all.

MartyFan
07-12-2006, 01:02 PM
This thread reminds me of my high school days.

"He said that you said that she said that I said..." and then "Get over yourself... No, you get over yourself..."

In some ways, that's cool, because I actually liked high school because I was smarter than all those people.

Now, it's occaisionally good to be challenged mentally. This thread has done that in form, but not in substance.

So what are you saying? :laugh:

zombie-a-go-go
07-12-2006, 01:03 PM
No harm done being a smart :mooner: . It's got me to where I am today.

And God knows that's what we should all aspire to. Being where RL is today. :D

dabvu2498
So what are you saying? :laugh:
I guess I'm saying "Dabvu, get over yourself!!!" :laugh:

Gainesville Red
Can't wait until Thursday when the games start again.

Red Leader
07-12-2006, 01:04 PM
Agreed...I already said I wasn't going to neg him...that the conversation has been fun...but also back up what WOY said with regards to rumors on this board...that's all.

Yeah, that I agree with. If you're going to make up rumors and post them on this board as though they are true, prepare to be neg'd.

I just wanted to make sure it was known that Razor Shines didn't start this rumor...it was started by some guy on ESPN boards that Razor Shines simply posted a reply to.

Gandalf the Red
07-12-2006, 01:05 PM

Dude, Red Leader nearly blew up the Death Star. :thumbup:

Red Leader
07-12-2006, 01:06 PM

Yeah, well to quote from the famous and underappreciated rock star, Rockwell:

I'm just an average man with an average life
I work from 9 to 5, hey hell, I pay the price
All I want is to be left alone, in my average home
But why do I always feel
Like I'm in the Twilight Zone?

Red Leader
07-12-2006, 01:06 PM
Dude, Red Leader nearly blew up the Death Star. :thumbup:

Word. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

registerthis
07-12-2006, 01:19 PM
Now we know what? You can't take me seriously?

Hey, just quoting you there. And for the record, I don't take many people on this board seriously.

Personally, I don't mind a little BS when it comes to trade proposals. But when you do stuff like that, you'll likely set a few people off.

Krusty
07-12-2006, 01:27 PM
Had some time to think on this and what about this three-way:

Reds trade Claussen, Bailey and Kearns to the Marlins for LHP Willis and RHP Borowski.

Marlins then trade Kearns to the Los Angeles Angels for minor league prospects.

Razor Shines
07-12-2006, 01:45 PM
Hey, just quoting you there. And for the record, I don't take many people on this board seriously.

Personally, I don't mind a little BS when it comes to trade proposals. But when you do stuff like that, you'll likely set a few people off.
Like what?

BUTLER REDSFAN
07-12-2006, 01:48 PM
anyone else been listening half the day to 700wlw waiting for an announcement of a reds trade...I'm a loser :(

Razor Shines
07-12-2006, 01:49 PM
anyone else been listening half the day to 700wlw waiting for an announcement of a reds trade...I'm a loser :(
Well I've had it on ESPN radio all day.

BuckU
07-12-2006, 01:51 PM
:pray:

You're not the only one....:help:

realreds1
07-12-2006, 02:00 PM

http://www.healthreader.com/blog_archives/images/greatpumpkin.jpg

Subtle?